North Cyprus Tourist Board - What is or was Your Best Experience of TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What is or was Your Best Experience of TRNC

What is or was Your Best Experience of TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

ive been thinking all morning and nothing at the moment seems to come to memory.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Coming here in the first place and loving every day and every year since!!!! HAPPY CLAPPY - that's me! ;o)

nurseawful

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Life here itself all the lovely people I have met, freinds I have made. Oh and the weather not too bad either

Vidal

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

I remember on a visit 3 years ago, we wanted to leave the car at home and have a drink in town.

We called a cab, he picked us all up and when we got to the harbour he asked how we were getting home, we said we hadnt thought about it so he gave us his number and said, when you have had enough give me a ring. (No he didnt say that, cos he was Turkish, but you know what i mean).

We got out, asked how much and were told, thats ok, pay me later. I can remember thinking the guy is either VERY dumb or VERY clever.

Yes of course we used him on the way back...and he got all his money.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

message 4

could you imagine that happening back home ?

everon

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

the fact that its cheaper than living in the UK gave us a good excuse to take early retirement!! so we sold up, (had lots of car boot sales) moved out here, loving it still, (we bought 6yrs ago) and the best bit! most of our friends who came out to visit us have bought here as well!!!! FANDABIDOZEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Earlybird

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Watching the baby turtles swimming out to sea.....a must see for everyone.

Stubs

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Going into the police station to sort out our residency permit at the time. After getting our photos taken the policeman who was doing the forms was telling us how it was his birthday and his colleagues had just brought in a cake with some candles. Being invited behind the counter and having a piece of his birthday cake, some orange juice, having a cig indoors and learning a bit more Turkish with all the people in the office.

Dont know if there is too many places in the world where this would happen

Stubs

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Depite what other people may read of my postings we had many good experiences.

A few years ago we got introduced to Shenels Old Mill in Ozankoy. Sitting there with a very good Turkish Cypriot friend having some food and enjoying a beer being served by Shenels son ( who was about 11 at the time and hardly spoke English) and the call from the nearby mosque went off. My TC friend said that he and his wife would have to be excused as they would have to go to the mosque to pray and they stood up from the table and then sat back down again laughing at the looks on our faces.

Went back a couple of months later during the day to book a table at night time for some visitors. Shenels son not only remembered my name but spoke near perfect English!!!

The food their was fantastic

Geejay

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

My best experience of the TRNC ? Just about everything here since I first came on holiday.

.......except......buying a house that will never be desnagged or become mine due to builders who won't honour the contract !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

My best "memories of "TRNC" are the last weekend in June of 2007..

Where else could one find deserted beaches AND wonderful weather to celebrate an engagement?

Wonderful sunsets, relaxing and away from the "frantic pace" of Limas(s)ol

Stubs

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Mark

And i thought you were going to mention having a beer with Fat Tony

sporty

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

my favorite place (and my dads too!) is sitting under that big ol tree in the harbour,in the shade on the seats that are going up that side street on the right hand side,large efes at 3.50ytl,we spent many hours there last week just chatting and watching the world go by,will be back soon too!! Its funny when i'm in the uk my life is just hectic,things to do,mobile phone going off all the time,places to be etc,its strange,but last week i think i finally learned how to relax and just chill for the first time in my life,lost all track of time too! it was a great feeling i can tell you.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

its just come to me what is my best memory of TRNC,not been here long enough to have to many memories!

with only being here just over 1 year and it being my first time in north cyprus,when i walked down the airplane steps that july21st last year into the hot summer evening and i heard that loud noise of what i thought must be very large grass hoppers.

i thought to myself.yessss,im out of england finally,skint because the tax man had robbed me blind,but lightening wont strike twice!

after thinking all day,to never have to go back to england this for me is the best experience ever!

Happy chlorine free swimming folks

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

I love being able to see the beautiful sunsets and the stars at night ................. you just don't these in Manchester!!

teatime

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

First holiday in TRNC, 1991, stayed at Altinkaya, when it was just the little bungalows around the swimming pool and a super restaurant. Made to feel so welcome by the 3 brothers who ran it, (can't remember their names, but especially the one that looked like he would make a good rugby player lol), as well as their staff. Arrived in evening and the restaurant was full, but they found a table from out the back fo us, then the Mezes arrived, thought we didn't order this but better eat it not to be rude. Was absolutely stuffed, then they asked what we wanted for main course!!

The great man, Rauf Denktas ate there one night and his bodyguards were seated around a corner, completely out of site of him.

Wonderful holiday which made us return many times.

minertor

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

My daughter visited earlier this year with her 3 year old foster child, Mark. We went to the brothers restaurant near the Ataturk statue. Boston showed us to a table near the musicians. Mark was having a great time dancing, lots of customers making a fuss of him. There was a party at a nearby, large table. A large iced cake was brought in and ceremoniously placed on the table. Most of us stood and applauded. Mark had other ideas. He approched the cake and karate chopped a corner off, picking it up and returning to us beaming through a face full of cream. I wished I was somewhere else, anywhere else. After a few seconds astonished silence the party party laughed and clapped. They shared the cake with us and wanted Mark to sit with them. I was so relieved at these lovely people's reaction.

Tony

Smity

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Our first visit to this beautfull part of the island Aug 08 meeting friends that lived here and seeing the villa that we fell in love with and is now ours.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Two things made us laugh last week on journeys from Girne to Ozankoy by Dolmus. On Thursday afternoon the bus turned off before reaching Ozankoy up to the school picked up a little boy the bus returned to the main road and carried on to Lemar in Catalkoy dropped the boy off on the car park returned to the main road and then carried on to Ozankoy and none of the passengers complained. Friday we picked up a TC at a supermarket on the main road he had ten plastic bags of shopping a big can of cooking oil, again the bus turned up a little narrow road to take us half way up a mountain dropped the man off outside his house with the shopping, returned to the main road and carried on to Ozankoy, image in this in the UK the passengers would be giving the driver some abuse. All this for 2tl. each.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.