North Cyprus Tourist Board - the oscars resort
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > the oscars resort

the oscars resort

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

fredred

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

hi,

this is my first post, i would like to know if there are any members who have stayed at the oscars resort, if so would they recommend staying there, as direct travel are doing a special deal, flying out on the 14th May 08 from gatwick for one week, staying at oscars resort, the cost is £269.00 including transfers.

kewen

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi

We stayed at the Oscars Resort last year. We went in August and stayed at the pink palace part. The hotel was very nice especially the pool area which we thought was fab. But it was very quite with no entertainment at night time, and seemed to be nowhere within walking distance. Having said that it was very easy and cheap to get taxis to and from the centre of Girne. The food wasn't bad, nice buffet breakfast. Fantastic view from our balcony overlooking the sea.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Fredred and Welcome

Oscars is a huge complex on the outskirts of Girne/Kyrenia there are a few restaurants around which are within walking distance. You can walk into Girne but its about 20 minutes. During the summer months Oscars run its own transport into the centre of Girne (a road train) which you could probably hop on and off as it crawls along the road.

I've never stayed there myself but know of people who have and enjoyed it.

Karen

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi, We have stayed there 3 times last year. We stay there because our villa is being built in Esentepe in the East. So Oscars is handy for driving straight out on the main road without having to go through the centre of Kyrenia each day. Always been good and clean but prefer the hotel rooms which are bright with lovely views. We found the apartments a bit dark. But depends on how much time you are going to spend in there. I have seen that deal on 'travel zoo'. Good price.

doghnuts40

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Fredred,

Stayed there many time and never had a bad word to say about the place!

wacky01

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

I stayed there last October in the hotel part on a B&B basis. The rooms and hotel are adequate, great views but the food at breakfast was not great.

I thought the price for the evening meals was high.

Chris

stevie-d

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Stayed there a couple of years ago hotel was good nice staff, but the way they do the credit card is not very good, if you want to buy drinks at the bar you go to reception put money on a card then the bar deduct what you have to drink, A few times I went to the bar they said my card was empty, I knew it wasnt had to go back to reception then was told it was a mistake this happend on quite a few occasions.things may have changed I hope so.

stevie-d

brian24001

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Stayed there with the wife and daughter, she loved the water slide and all had a great time, like everywhere here, the staff love kids.

Book it and enjoy!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.