North Cyprus Tourist Board - Does Cyprus need Turkey ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Does Cyprus need Turkey ?

Does Cyprus need Turkey ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

dobbo

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

The more I think about the chances of a solution to the Cyprus problem the more I think that the Greek Cypriots would be crazy not to resolve it!

Turkey is a massive country on there door step with a thriving economy, surely they are losing out on business opportunities as well as tourism.

I think that Cyprus with an open border between north and south would be more attractive to all holiday makers.

Turkey has an abundance of water. The Greek Cypriots could include this in any negotiations.

As things stand they are not going to gain anything, as I think eventually the North will get international recognition.

I honestly believe they would be crazy not to find a solution and totally against there own interests.

So I am going to stick my neck out and say some form of solution will be found this year!

John

McSteviet

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

I am with UKTURK on this one.

The settlement could and should be an indipendant Northern Cyprus, otherwise they will always be at each others throats.

MC

elko2

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

In Cypriot politics logic and reason never take part in the equation. I do not expect a solution now or ever.

ismet

McSteviet

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

I'm a 4 star general now

ukturk

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

congrats stevie 4 star man!!!!

turkey has nothing to gain with northern cyprus unifying with the south, even thou it supports north cyprus in a solution (not unification) they are not prepared to just leave their brother and sisters out to dry by them accepting some sort of weak 2nd class citizenship with only a bit part role in government with a bit say to veto issues we all know what happend the last time we had a bit part role in government dont we!!!!!

at the end of the day turkey are willing to carry kktc in the respect of funding which they have done since the 70's

even if the borders dont open and just the mbargos are lifted this will encourage more tourisim anyway with direct flights and the greeks bitching about north cyprus advertising holidays to the north which they did a few years ago!!!!

at the end of the day really do you think the greeks really care about a solution i dont think so!!!! just imagine and think like a greek for a minute what have they really got to loose they are thinking they have got the north by the balls in the way of embargos, the south is in the e.u and recieve x amount of money in the way of grants from the eu, their tourisim is threiving aswell as estate sales so they must think they have the upper hand, but deep down it must kill them that slowly north cyprus is getting more reconised for tourism, housing sector, more countries are starting to see thru the mascarade of the propanda machine that the greeks provide but really if they bite of their nose to spite their face cos they think they have the upper hand and the north does become a idepandant country (god willing) their loss will be our gain!!!!

and dobbo you can stick you head out as far as you want mate LOL i really dont see a solution being resolved this year because the greeks are too nit picky just look at the anan plan they had everything going for them and the north accepted it and it was not really in our favour so it just show you they want all of the cake and eat it too

warm regards

ukturk

phylray

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 03:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Don't ever say never! All bad thing scome to an end as do good things.

sylvie

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

i agree with ukturk 100% and believe it or not phylray, the TC had already the bad things and it is now time to have to good one - THE GC will never change , i as hoping that time would help but i realized it didn't in the last referendum ; so let it be now !!!

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

the problem is bigger than cyprus .

greece and turkey will resolve these issues and cyprus will get told what to accept .

turkey will be in the eu within 10years ,probably 5 .

the eu are briniging oil and gas from gulf and areas through turkey which will feed all of europe ,this is happening now .so russia cannot put a gun to europeans on prices after next few years .

so in the world of things

cyprus is a very small player ,its internal affairs will be talked about by its big brothers on the mainlands ,and what they agree with e.u ,un and us will be settled

kav

ukturk

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

one of the things aswell as many others that is a stubling block for turkey in joining the e.u is they refuse to reconise south cyprus as a country and have banned them using turkish seas and airspace and banned any cypriot flaged boats to harbour in any turkish docks and of course cyprus being a member e.u state they have the right to veto turkeys e.u membership and greece even thou they are all for turkey joining the e.u they cant influence the south

even thou greece and turkey are mojor players in the discussions they tell cyprus north or south what to do, north cyprus does consult with turkey because they have their army there and its down to turkey when to pull the troops out and they provide the north with aid and grants

and do you honestly think the e.u as a organsiation wont hold any one to ransom for their gain regarding oil, turkey has many pipelines from iran irag and midd east countries but here in turkey petrol and diseal is the most expensive in the whole of europe 3.20ytl a litre for petrol and 2.90 for diseal the cheapest being lpg at 2.00ytl

we are all pawns turkey, north cyprus, south cyprus and greece to the major player the puppet master the E.U and the u.n and not forgetting the u.s i could go on all day about the e.u but thats a diffrent subject

regards

ukturk

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

fair comments uk .t

fuel in uk at present £1.20 ish for diesal some at £1.15 .

eu isnt all fun ,with all the rules and regulations and red tape we have become a nation with no balls ,no spine and no fight . and in a lot of cases no law and order .

keep smiling

kav

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.