North Cyprus Tourist Board - rubbish dumping in northern cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > rubbish dumping in northern cyprus

rubbish dumping in northern cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Discovery

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I cant believe the amount of builders rubbish that is dumped all over the TRNC when i first saw my plot over looking the sea at Bahceli all the cliff face had on it was bushes and grass now two and a half years later there is brick rubble ,cement bags old boxes discarded clothes etc etc in my case i asked the builder if he intended to clear it up when he finishes the contract he stated that the rubbish was not his i told him i can see my broken tiles fifty foot down the cliff from the builder no comment . I stopped a ready mix lorry last month he was just about to empty his drum out down the cliff . When is this dumping going to stop there must be a law in the TRNC cant the goverment / police do something about it .

All the best Discovery

McSteviet

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I agree Frank, It's an eyesore, but seems to be all too common.

That because the Government have got no teeth, or I thinjk will to do anything about it.

MC

sylvie

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

it has to be thaught because mot of the workers in NC are puting to bags and rubbish ouside they don't other to bring them in the same place they just through away where they are working - it happens to us, a T worker has been told by his boss to clean around the house and .... believe it or not i say him putting the rubbish into a big bowl and throw it away or the land next to ours , we have to be behind for everything and TC has a very big job to do nowaday - itcan oly get better with fines, when you touch the money of people then the learn quicker it is not only a problem in cyprus it is everywhere

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

This discussion has happened many times in the past and you will never change the older generation as this is their way of life.

The only way to make people see that its nice to live in a tidy environment (remember the UK in the 60's rubbish everywhere, there was a huge campaign to "take your rubbish home and don't drop litter") is to start with the children in the schools. These are the ones that need to be educated forget the older ones, whilst its never too late they won't really want to change as they've always done it.

Karen

peachy

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

must agree the rubbish problem was never like this here .... many years ago ya never saw his ...its only over the last 3 or 4 years this problem has accoured really ...i went to a beach this week that i have always gone to ..one it was closed off with rubble and second i went there a few moths ago and was shocked at the amout of rubbish more like white goods ...being dumped ... who is resposible for this and why is nothing being done to prevent this ..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.