North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pink Wedding Dresses - Welcoming the New White of the Year
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pink Wedding Dresses - Welcoming the New White of the Year

Pink Wedding Dresses - Welcoming the New White of the Year

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Weddings threads posted so far

helenebridal

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 06:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Within the past few years it has become more and more acceptable to go with colored wedding dresses. One popular color is pink. Pink wedding dresses have become quite fashionable, since the color is both feminine and romantic. In fact, some are even calling pink the “new white” for the year. Of course there are some things to keep in mind if you decide you want to follow the trend and have a pink wedding dress of your own for your big day.

Many Shades to Choose From

Some women are turned off on the idea of pink wedding dresses because they envision a dress is Barbie doll pink. Actually you will find that there are many different shades of pink to choose from. Some are bright and eye catching, while some are subtle and very close to the traditional white many women have for wedding gowns. Some of the shades of pink that are available include baby, rose, champagne, pearl, shell, iridescent, blush, fuchsia, magenta, and mauve. Usually the lighter shades are better choices for weddin

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

I think the idea of a white wedding dress was to show that the bride is pure i.e a virgin. If this is true, it is about time for a change

ismet

Teresa

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

OOOOOOHHHHHH Ismet whatever are you trying to say??????

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Teresa,

Times have changed. Now they actually live together and later they give in to pressure from elders and decide to have a wedding. So having a white wedding dress has lost its meaning. Is it better or worse now? I would say six of one and half a dozen of the other. Civilization means plusses and minuses, it all depends on how you look at things.

BTW, is it bad manners for any guest to wear an all white dress at somebody elses wedding? Should it be reserved for only the bride on that special day?

ismet

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Ismet

Unfortunately you will not get a reply from our friend 'hua zhang' in Shanghai as this is a spam posting and the scripts are pre written and posted to many boards such as this one and unless anyone objects then 'hua zhang's' membership will be terminated.

AJ

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Oh, I thought you could ban them for life but not terminate their membership. Would you say its the same difference?

ismet

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Ismet

OK to be politically correct 'ban them for life' is the modus operandi.

AJ

Teresa

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Ismet yes times are changing and some couples are living together before getting married however i think here it is still very much frowned upon.

As for your question about wearing white then yes it is bad manners for guests to wear white unless of course they have been asked to.

abbay

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

yeah i agree with you pink color is the romantic one..and now a days it is in fashion...you can see designs of wedding dress in pink in color from here.......

http://www.weddingdressespictures.net/best-wedding-dresses-for-2010/

Deniz1

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Just wish i was gettimg married!

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

My sister was married in pink in 1957.

Convention dictated that she could not wear white as she was 3 months pregnant.

My great neice was married last month (in Limassol actually). She wore white despite her 2 children being bridesmaids.

How times change, and not for the better!

Cannot see the point myself. Why spend all that money on a wedding when so many of them will be divorced in a few years? Might as well buy a new kitchen!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.