North Cyprus Tourist Board - Visa Enquiry (for Thai National)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Visa Enquiry (for Thai National)

Visa Enquiry (for Thai National)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

all4one

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Help ! I'm getting slightly worried, my boyfriend is a Thai national and living with me in uk at the moment (he has UK tourist visa for 6 months) - I've booked a holiday to North Cyprus arriving at Ercan airport....I'm worried he will be refused entry ? He hasnt done anything wrong and passport is clean, I just know that asians have some problems getting into some countries but I was assured North Cyprus would be ok ? Can anyone assure me it'll be ok ?

Ohh and is there any Thai restaurants ?

thx

Nicky xxx

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Your boyfriend is likely to receive a 30 day visa upon arrival. As long as he is travelling on an official passport there is no problem. Gary Robb's wife had no problems getting in and getting residency.

Don't know of any strictly Thai restaurants in the North. They are in the South, but don't try to cross with your boyfriend unless he has visa for South Cyprus.

ttoli

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

There is a Thai restaurant in Catalkoy that should be opening soon, on the main coast road near the Malpas turnoff

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

hi all4one

welcome to the forum

you wont have any problems in your boyrfriend being rufused entry he will given a 30day visa at point of entry, but if you intend to go ove to the south you have to apply for a visa beforehand at the south cypriot consulate in london, also you should find out that your boyfriends uk tıurist visa is multiple entry becuase if he leaves the u.k with and intends to come back with you to the u.k he might be refused entry so i would check in to this aswell

hope this helps

ukturk

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

ukturk,

The UK now routinely give out 6 month multiple entry visas. It saves a lot of paperwork. This is now in line with many countries where a visa is needed before entry is granted.

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

hi tim

thats good to know, the reason why i said this is because i do a lot of visa apllications for turks out here in turkey and you have to stipulate if they want a multiple or single entry visa not sure why this is thou, hope fully they have or will change this for turkish nationals

regards

ukturk

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Ukturk,

That suprises me as Turkey gives UK nationals a 90 day, multi entry visa. The Turks must be ahead of the game.

I am aware that some nationals who requested Multi Visit Visas had their application looked at more carefully as this could have been used for drug smuggling on a regular basis, and "one off" visits were not likely to cause to many problems in the drugs department.

Also it was down to cost. A single visit visa was substantially cheaper as there was less "checking" to be done and some people couldn't afford a Multi Entry Visa, which could cost upto 5 times as much. As I said, this was so that background checks could be done on the applicant. With modern computer link ups it's not so difficult to check someones status anymore and so the fee is the same for all applications, single, double or multi.

The last application I did for a friend a couple of weeks ago was using the online form VAF1 available from

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

I dont recall it asking for for a tick box for single or multiple entry, but then again I didn't goto the embassy with them and they may well have asked there.

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

hi tim

yeah i know its sods law, that why the system here is messed regarding visas,

if you are a brit and want a resi visa you can only apply for a year which costs 600ytl then you can apply for a five year visa which costs 2900ytl this is just for brits!!!! a german applying for the same thing only cost them 800ytl for a five year visa where is the common sense in that!!!!

and the searches for turks applying for visas for the u.k are unbelivable you have to show everything from money to your college education the government fear that they wont come back to turkey and they will apply for asylum or something, you are right on the online applications it does not state on entry but when you go for your interview in izmir or istanbul they ask you this in person and you are right it is a cost thing aswell cos you have to show you have substational monies to survive and the interview is like being intregrated by the gestapo!! lol

warm regards

ukturk

Kantara

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Ukturk,

to get a visa for Germany is as painful as for getting one for to UK.

And before ist was possible for the Cypriots to get a passport from the other side they had not been allowed to travel with their own urkish Cypriot passport - they had to apply for a turkish one!

What kind of discrimination!

P.S. You know somebody from the Gestapo???..lol...

all4one

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Perfect ! Thanks people we will go to the ball....I don't suppose one of you could suggest an itinary we are there for 7 days and I like to keep busy (also what bars and restaurants are good).

Cheeky I know but if you don't ask...

tomkangni

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

hi! i want to know if they will give a visa to an african (togolese) at the airport in north cyprus? thank

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

tomkangni,

There is no logical reason to say no. Your country is recognised by the rest of the world, its paaports are internationally recognised, and so it will be here. The number of days given on your tourist visa is given at the discretion of the officer on duty.

simbas

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

hi tomkangni , it all depends what visa you are travelling on , but by the sounds of it in your first post , you don't have one , nobody is going to give you a letter of invitation if they don't know you , it's against the law for one thing , your best bet is to apply for visa in country { lome } using the correct procedures

simbas

tomkangni

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

thant you for your answers.but a problem that we have here is there is any consulat in togo nor in the west Afica.

thank.

ukturk

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

hi tomkan

i know a lot of africans in famagusta who go to the universty there who are from the west part of africa like ghana, nigeria and gambia all these nationals have received 30 day to 90 day visa's and if you a studying then have received student visa's, so i think you should not have a problem in getting a short stay visa, if i remember right the togo republic was under french rule to till the 60's but most togolese people were still eligable for a french passport if your parents have such a passport then you could be still eligable for a french passport try and find this out!!! if not like i said you should not have a problem in getting a short stay visa on your togolese passport

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

p.s tell me how you got on good luck

tomkangni

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

hi to all,

i want to know if the visa is given at the airport?

thanks.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

tomkangni,

Yes it is.

tomkangni

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

hi

i just need someone to meet me at the airport of ercan, i had all papers and the hotel reservation, someone told me that if you haven any body to meet you at the airport the immigration service would not allow you to enter. i dont want to make that risk, so i want that someone to help me. i want to come this summer .

thank

tomkangni@gmail.com

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

One of the problems you will have is which airline you will be travelling with.

If you travel with Turkish Air then you will be directed through to TRNC.

However if you travel with Pegasus or KTHY and have to transit in Turkey you will have to get a visa for Turkey as there are no international transit arrangements using these airlines.

At this point you may have a problem. There was a family from South Africa a couple of years ago who had to transit by going through immigration and had to pay about £200 in visa charges, a nasty shock and potentially disastrous.

Asking for advice on this or other forum is only general information. You must seek advice through appropriate official channels otherwise you may be caught out.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.