North Cyprus Tourist Board - Question Time Please on Game of Pool
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Question Time Please on Game of Pool

Question Time Please on Game of Pool

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

if i walked into a bar and you and your friend where playing a game of pool,and i put my 2lira on the table to play the winner.

but before my money, there was another 2 lire.

so you lost your game as i was watching.

then you went and picked up the money on the table before mine and put it into the slot,bearing in mind you had just lost a game and while you was playing i put down my money.

so i say, havent you just lost that game?

he says yes!

so i say well dont i play the winner!

he says youll play the winner of the next game,im playing again,even though he had just lost the previous game.

What is the answer to my explanation?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

should the person who put the money down play the next game or the person who lost the game play again another game right after loseing?

mrcyprus

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 02:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

depends on how the person does it.

Most of the time, the person, whether they win or lose will want to use all their money that is sitting on the table.

So i guess the money that was on the table before yours was the money of the loser, so he wanted to use up his 2 lira as he was technically next in line.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 02:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

in any country ive been too,if your playing a game and you have more money on,it automatically goes to the back or behind the last marker if your playing and some 1 puts there money on the table.

yes ur right,he wanted to have a second go at loseing against the same guy,even though others where waiting,needless to say he didnt get his own way

so he spat his dummy out

funny really,

just wanted to know if i was wrong or right,if wrong il look for him and appologise

but i think i may be correct!

mrcyprus

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 03:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

oh yeh, you are right, but like i say, alot of people tend to just play until there money on the table is gone.. especially if they lose :P

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 06:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

zero that wouldnt have happened in the blind begger jomtien would it lol

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

well it never happend here either catalkoykid. but the nuggett did try it on! but when he realised his wrong,he really spat his dummy out.

Then went round the bar chatting nonsense to his cronies trying to boil up some trouble,

i really cant beleive people get so hot and botherd when they lose.

then they start with the snide comments.

im sober now and im sitting here laughing as he got a following together to abandon games and refuse to play me who took there money off the table,IT WAS LIKE A DUMMY SPITTING COMPETITION!

but in the end,they had to play,as they couldnt miss the oppertunity to play such a good player,very interesting night i must say.

, message 5. mrcyprus.thanks.i thought i was right,but i thought i was starting to lose the plot nad maybe i was wrong.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

Zerochlor

Best stick to cleaning pools, safer!

Richard

Navek

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

Hi zerochlor

If there are only 2 playing on the pool table, no one else waiting,

you have put your marker down, before the end of the game,

you're next on, no matter how much money's on the table.

No pub I have ever been in has different rules.

Navek

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

message 8

Richard

possibly your right,im getting to old for bar room rumbles!

it was strange actually

as when he got a little abusive,i said im sorry,i no nothing about pool,but if you like to come to the gym monday ,i know a bit about boxing!!

seemed to go a little quiet!

why do folk keep pushing and pushing

what do they expect!

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

Message 9

hi navek

when i put my marker down,there was 2 other markers and 2 people playing

one guy lost and thought it was ok to play again directly after he had lost even though i was waiting and also 2 other markers on the table to which 1 was his marker.he never did play again that evening

maybe il take up chess at guido,s and have sunday lunch there!

Navek

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

Hi zerochlor

If it was kids playing, fair enough, they may not know the unwritten rules.

But adults, chancers, you were right to stand your ground

Sounds like a pair of bully's to me.

Nice one

Navek

horsemad

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

zerochlor, lets be truthful about what happened, the person you are talking about put down his coins to play the winner of the game before, they did want to play anymore as they had to go, so he invited his friend to play the game with him, at the end of that game the next coins were his friends coins, and as the winner of the last game ( he could not play himself? ) he decided to play his friend, at this point you came up and said,

" whats f**king going on, you just lost, I want to f**king play now, " When they tried to explain and also pointed out there was one other person to play before you, you said "I f**king want to f**king play now " so to keep the peace they backed off, and you through you bullying and foul language jumped all the other coins on the table. So the only dummy spat out was by you,

mrjim

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

when I'm out with friends and we fancy a game of pool we will put down at least 10 coins and play each other ramdomly no winner stays on because its a friendly game only when it gets down to last coin will we adopt pub rules as far as we are concerned we've paid for 10 games and we decide who we play

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

Message 13

horse mad

u are mad

thats really the biggest load of cobblers ive ever heard

as it happens there was no swearing from me or shouting

others seemed to use the word shopfront

if you really think that was the way it went. and you was there.

come show your face,so i know you was there and then and only then maybe you can then tell me the full story face to face as adults.

i expect to see you at my office on monday .

as i know and 3 other people know how the tale went,and not in any way as you say.

there person who put down the coins was me , the person who lost the game and spat his dummy out was the person who lost the game and then wanted to play again and make me or others wait.

ive nothing to gain from lieing,and as i said in my first posts,if i was wrong then i can appologise.

but i wasnt wrong.

message 14. here they play winner stays on,but some loosers think they can load the table with money and when lose put money in again in front of you

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Zerochlor

Worry not, horsemad is an English teacher (amongst other talents) listed in her profile as is evident by the use of her command of the English language!

Richard

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

richard, your correct.

i gain nothing from lieing

as i said its only a game

and yes,i can see from his grammer or hers that i also wouldnt like to send my kids to the school who employ him or her.

never mind

small island

small mentality!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

Zerochlor

Back to thread. I have played pool all over the world and each Country seems to have it's own subtle differences in the rules of playing the game let alone the ethics of 'who's turn is it next'! Beware of Australia, any argument and you will not walk for a week! However, I'm much better at snooker, safer as well!

Richard

proger1

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Zerochlor, I have seen and done the practice of sticking several coins on the table in an empty bar so that people can see that there are several people waiting when ther is in fact just a couple of us. It isn't big or clever and if anyone to ask who is next we then have to say you are if you put money down.

If you liken it to having a chalk board for marking who plays next you can not put your name up if you are still playing so you would end up going to the end of the list when you lost.

If your name was the top on the board and then you lost but hadn't wiped off your name yet, you would hardly be able to say that you are next because your name is still on top.

Probably just somebody who didn't want to wait all night for another game and hoped you would fall for "but my money was down first"

You were completely right, nearly spent a night in a Dundee jail cell for a similar situation at the Global bar many years ago but they did more than just grumble to their friends.

horsemad

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

zerochlor, you and I both know you are a liar. However I must apologise ( please note correct spelling for when you next use it ) but this is my wifes sign in, as I do not use this forum. Brinsley is he a friend of yours? if so were you there that night?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

horsemad

No worries, I'm a cripple and find it hard enough to get myself out to any sort of evening entertainment let alone swim along with the acidic likes of yourself. Try a chlorine free pool, the balls might graciously fall into the right pockets for you!

Richard

mrcyprus

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

If id been asked to read these messages without knowing who it was, i really wouldnt assume it was grown adults writing on here. Makes me laugh. Some people just like an argument.

Dont hide behind your computers ;)

Love Michael.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 02:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

Message 20

if im a lier ,im puzzeled why id say i could of been wrong and offer a appology in message 4

but you got the advantage,u know where my office is.im not sure where u r YET.

come and show ur face monday at my office,then we can see if you was there or there from the beginning when the funny fella spat his dummy out when he lost and i wouldnt allow him to play again after losing,even though he had money down,but i also had money down.

message 22

my thoughts also

why hide behind a computer when he knows where my office is

oh and message 20,not ur wife. come and show this lier as you call me that ur a man and not a gimp,

u do know where my office is,if not,look my profile and my fone number there and as mrcyprus says.dont hide behind a computer fool!

and also stick to the original question i posted and asked a answer to .

sorry folks to get dragged into something like this.but no likes to be called a lier do they?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 03:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

the thread has been addressed as far as im concerned

just 1 last thing to address

close it if you wish

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2009 07:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.