North Cyprus Tourist Board - A very big Thank you from a grateful Turkish Lady to 'The Wicks'
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A very big Thank you from a grateful Turkish Lady to 'The Wicks'

A very big Thank you from a grateful Turkish Lady to 'The Wicks'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I have just came back from delivering some NEW clothes to a little Turkish family nearby (5kids). The lady whose name I can't pronounce never mind try to spell, says thank you, merci, teshekur all through her tears and the children were jumping for joy.

The thanks are not for me but for the genorosity of another board member.

So a big heartfelt Thank you from the lady and myself to Jean and Paul. (The Wicks)

The world is a better place from knowing people like yourselves. God bless you both and I hope to see you again soon.

Chris

karakum5c

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Well done---we are back over tomorrow and plan also to give clothes my son has recently just outgrown to a neighbouring family who has 6 children, he has so many clothes and grows so fast they are almost brand new especially his Turkish football strips !

smithy

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Chris

What great news, Jean and Paul have hearts of gold, what a wonderful gesture

So I will send a big thankyou also

Sheila xx

Teresa

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Please be very careful when giving things to a Turkish family, they might not have much but they do have their pride and some although very grateful will get offended. Working closely with the SOS i have seen first hand how upset some people have been, there are always other ways to donate to these families, If anyone is interested in donating to the poor families please contact me on 0533 8673530 or you can drop anything off to me at Kibris Gelini and i will make sure it gets to those who need it most.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Teresa there is no problem with this family have been going to see them of and on now for 2 years, but it is the first time they have had brand new clothes, thanks to Paul and Jean. I am 100% sure they are not offended and when they see the car mum and the kids come out to greet me.

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

We have been giving our Turkish family clothes and bits and bobs since we arrived here and no problems,when your as poor as some of these folks pride doesnt come into it,they are so happy and we get fresh veggies.

Most people on the island help out with the neighbours,even less well off english!

Teresa

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

ok maybe i did not make myself clear if you know the family and have built up a relationship with them then there is no problem it could however cause problems if someone reading this just decided to approach a family they never knew and hand over a bag of clothes or whatever else they had.

Chinaeyes yes they are poor but please dont think that they are not proud because they are.

I have been working with some of these families for a long time and have seen both the negative and positive effects.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi all - just back from 2 weeks in TRNC this afternoon, so have just picked up on these messages.

Chris - thanks for taking them and I'm so pleased they liked them so much.

Smithy - thanks - will e-mail you v. soon.

Teresa - yes, I can certainly see your point here. Chris did tell me that she knows this family very well and so I was pleased to be able to do a good turn. I would not wish to hurt anyone's pride.

Thanks again.

Jean

smithy

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

J & P So happy you are back and all is well, miss you being here my little friends, we had some great laughs together, see you soon

Sheila

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

i miss you already. Only pleased Nurse was there that day so we could hand over your gifts to this family xxx

Pogle

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

We leave unwanted clothes, toys and household items on a drinking fountain outside our house for local families to take if they wish.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.