North Cyprus Tourist Board - Banks giving the best rate of interest
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Banks giving the best rate of interest

Banks giving the best rate of interest

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

jonty

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Can i have some advise as to the best banks who give top interest.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Jonty and welcome to the forum. If you click onto the Banking link at the bottom of the main page it will list all of the topics on Banks.

Karen

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Advice please,

We are looking at opening a bank account in NC speaking to a few expats thay have recomended a bank in Girne called TB, this an expat bank that give a very good rate of intrest I am told, has anybody heard of this bank or had dealings with this bank

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Sorry Roger never heard of them. I think from a personal point of view I would need to know the full background of them before I invested any money with them.

Karen

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Karen,

many thanks, these are my thoughts as well, but will check it out before deciding, where to put our money, any recomendations?

breezyboy

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

I checked into the background of Garanti Bankasi and they are part of one of the biggest conglomerates in Turkey. Some of the smaller banks are difficult to find anything on and I would worry about their ability to exist in a financial crisis. Garanti have an excellent on line banking facility and very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Their rate has changed downwards a little recently and is 16.5 % on large amounts but they expect this to rise again soon. I would rather have 16.5% with them than 19 - 20 with some of the smaller banks.

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

hi roger

the bank you have been told is turkish bank, the history of this bank was first formed under the turkish group in turkey 1982, and is one of the biggest banks in cyprus, its not actually a expat bank but has many english speaking staff in the branches, two branches in girne one in karakum, and many scatered around cyprus it also has 3 branches in the u.k, one in borough se london, one in dalston e8 and one in harringay n8, this is probabley what the expats are talking about that they have branches in london england

there are a good bank especially if you live in the u.k you can access and deposit and withdraw money from your account in the u.k if you live in london, many cypriots do use this bank especailly the ones who live or used to live in london

hope this helps

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

hi guys

listed below are banks i know off that are stable big banks from turkey, obvisouley there are more that people will reconmend but these are the ones i know off this is not in order of prefrance

1) hsbc - worldwide bank

2) turkish bank branches in u.k and turkey

3) zirat bank one of the biggest state banks in turkey and also a branch in u.k

4) deniz bank - turkish bank but owned by french bank dexia

5) sekerbank another big turkish bank

6) oyak bank - turkish bank owned by first national bank of boston

7) garnati bank - third largest bank in turkey and is owned by doğuş group who are one of the biggest conglomerates in the whole of turkey and have offcies in diffrent citys - moscow, london, geneva,dusseldorf aswell as branches in london , malta, luxemborg and north cyprus

8) halk bank state owned bank in turkey

9) finansbank also called credit europe bank is another big bank but is partly owned by the national bank of greece

10) cyprus vakifbank- a state owned turkish bank

11) iktisatbank a well known cypriot bank which went bankrupt a few years ago but was helped out by yapi kredi bank (another big bank in turkey)

12) creditwest bank - bank that has branches in turkey cyprus aswell as the ukraine

i know posters will state diffrent banks but im just stating the banks i have heard off and dealt with or friends,familes and customers have dealt with

hope this helps

ukturk

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

UKTurk,

Thanks very much for the info much appreciated, with your knowlage would you say that this bank is a safe bet to put money in?

ukturk

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

hi roger

this bank is safe mate and has been going since 1925 as a savings bank and in 1974 opened branches throughout europe including london especially harringay which has one of the biggest turkish cypriot comunities

many of my family members and friends who still live in london but have houses and close ties to cyprus have all accounts with the turkish bank the good thing being you can access your accounts that you have in cyprus while you are in the u.k

hope this helps mate

regards

ukturk

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Erkan

Do they operate internet banking and can you move money from UK to Cyprus without incurring any charges if you have an account with the in both Countries?

Karen

ukturk

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

hi karen

yes they do have internet banking, and as far as i know if you open a acount with them you will get a lira account and a sterling account and if you have account with them in both countries you can move monies to and from, previously this did not incur any extra charges but this might have changed and if it does the fee will be much less than any other of the leading banks, another thing that has just started you can pay for water and electric bills aswell as taxes and turkcell monthly contract bills

hope this helps

karen

p.s i have provided a link to their website http://www.turkishbank.com/

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Many thanks Erkan

Karen

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

UkTurk,

Many thanks, just what I was looking for, I think I will go with these guys.

RD

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

UkTurk,

many thanks, I think I'll go with these guys

RD

smudge

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

just signed up with Iktisatbank as was told that water rates direct debits had to come from there. Looks like it isn't the best bet so will use it as a transit bank. Although we do have an 18% high interest acc. May open another one when back. Tried its internet site and logged in and its not so good unless the site is experiencing probs tonite.

smudge

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.