North Cyprus Tourist Board - Christmas weather at Kyrena
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Christmas weather at Kyrena

Christmas weather at Kyrena

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

bristol

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me what the temperatures should be please? I understand it does get cold at night but not sure of daytime or sea temperatures. Also, does everything stay open over the Christmas period. Thank you

roisin

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Everything is open at Christmas.Last year was very cold at night.Some days it's warm enough for T shirts or light jumper only. Other days u may need a jacket.Might get some rain but not every day all day like UK.Sea will be cold but I have gone paddling in it in Dec/Jan.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

For the last 6 years we have spent a month at the Pia Bella over Christmas & New Year. We have usually been lucky with the weather although last year we had more rain than usual but it doesn't last very long. We take a light fleece jacket to put on in the evening if we go for a walk into the centre but more often than not we stay in the Hotel, good company, a nice big log fire in the lounge and reasonable priced drinks, at the weekend and Christmas & New Year there is entertainment and dancing. Christmas Day is a working day New Years day everywhere shut except the eating places and Father Christmas arrives in the Centre on New Years Day to give all the local kids a present.

booitsme

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

OK, it's time to fess up! We brought the awful winter weather with us from Northumberland last year It was our first winter here and it would seem the wind and rain did follow us - even though we were assured by all our neighbours it was highly unusual weather. Still the days were mostly warm and sunny and the nights weren't anything a log fire and a warm duvet couldn't cope with! Even the refuse collectors came round on Christmas day. Have a wonderful time.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Msg1

It'll be cheaper and warmer than the POT at WOT!!

Richard

Smity

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Got to agree the booitsme (i thought we brought it from the midlands but you can claim that one ) New years eve was very cold and windy we spent our evening in the Set fish resuarant on the Harbour and the staff were trying to keep the wind out by stuffing paper in the door and windows. Did,nt spoil the food thought excellent

But we were reliably in formed that it was very unusual, bloody marvelous tough it was our first taste of christmas in TRNC. But that aside we loved every minute, so much so hopefully be doing it again this year.

Good Luck Merry Xmas

smithy

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Smity

Christmas is great here, blow the weather its about having a meal out or drink with friends, enjoy thats what its all about, see you both soon

sheila

Smity

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

I Lass and the first rounds on me

Mike

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Lasy year xmas day w had guests sat outside. We have ever year in the 5 years here. Nights are cooler but Im feeling that now. Febuary is the month to worry about we feel so very cold xxxxxxxxxxxx

smithy

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

NO Smity I owe you and Shel more than a drink the lunch is on me at Brothers, see you there )

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.