North Cyprus Tourist Board - Water pipeline from Turkey. A DEAD CERTANTY!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Water pipeline from Turkey. A DEAD CERTANTY!

Water pipeline from Turkey. A DEAD CERTANTY!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

wynyardman

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

OK ukturk and you Elko,

You state your case with knowledge and conviction.

Myself, an innocent outsider, bereft of detailed historic content.

BUT I WILL BET £100 with anyone (not everyone) that within one year of the date, contracts

will have been placed, for the construction of a water pipeline ( with electricity) to run from

North Cyprus to Turkey.

If both sides can only bury the hatchet( instead of the back of each others head) peace can be achieved, albeit in independant states, under a mutually agreed Government, under an EEC mandate.

I for one will be praying for a peaceful settlement.

wyn

wackyjim

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Wyn

I agree with you 100%

However if they go to the extent of putting in a pipeline for water and electricity why not put one in for Efes at the same time????

If that happens then to hell with Talit its you for President my friend and you can count on my vote!!!!

Cheers

Jim.

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

hi wyn

im not doubting the water pipeline will not be built not sure about your time scale (it has been talked about for over a decade) thou the reason for this is because of the political uncertanity in turkey with the present government (party might be scraped and both prime minister and president both banned from politics) which undersigned this proposal, when the pipeline does get eventually built it will cover north cyprus dont know about the south thou, like i said how do you expect turkey to do any buisness or have any agrement with south cyprus when they dont reconise the south as a legitimate country (this is one of the reasons why the e.u are not accepting them so far into the e.u) and in turn south cyprus are one of many countries that are trying to block turkey with assertion in to the e.u because they have power of veto being a e.u country

not being rude mate but like you said you are a outsider and you have to know everything from detailed history to todays politics, and if this date you say does come true it would be a good thing but there is a shortage now and why is it that greece have stated they are sending boats within two months full of containers of water to the south and not to the north if all parties are that concerned about peace thru water like all the headlines are rambling on about!!!!

and all the national papers here in turkey are stating these facts and saying that greek newspapers are jumping the gun a bit saying such proposals were talked about in their last meeting take a look at this link what a kktc diplomat said

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=140311&bolum=102

regards

ukturk

wynyardman

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Jim.

Now you are talking. Any chance of a terminal at Esentepe.

(might be terminal if they do!!!

wyn

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

jim

u traitor last month you was aying you wanted me for your president!!!!! lol

dont let wyn be president he will turn black pudding in to culnirary dish of north cyprus and make everyone eat it !!!!! lol

only joking around wyn

regards to you both

ukturk

newlad

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

"water can contribute to peace.Both sides are thirsty and nature has caught up with us in the sense that this is an island that is vulnerable to water shortages.Nature does not see green lines.Were in the same boat and we are sinking".Makes sense to me guys.But then again i am just a pie eating mate of John Prescott from Hull,

Regards,

Paul.

billybob

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

yeah but he got 2 jags newlad an plenty gas (dont kno about water tho) LOL !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.