North Cyprus Tourist Board - troylake - north cyprus property developer
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > troylake - north cyprus property developer

troylake - north cyprus property developer

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

shazza

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Hi

My husband and I reserved a polt with Troylake on Othello II in April 2006.

On an inspection trip we were very pleased with what we were getting for our money, the villas are beautiful. All the staff in Cyprus were so lovely, very helpful and welcoming. Raif Hassan is also very helpful, we have formed quite a good friendship with him.

However our villa was supposed to be finished in November 2007, it still is nowhere near being finished and we are going out to Cyprus in August to furnish our villa only to be told yesterday it will not be ready till the end of the year. Excuses are they keep losing the constructions companies????

I hope its worth the long wait.

is anyone in the same siuation with Troylake??

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 03:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Hello Shazza,

We reserved a plot on Othello II in May of 2007 after visiting and looking all over the site from start to finish. We received an e-mail from Mr Raif Hassan yesterday indicating the problem with a reliable contractor has now been resolved. A letter indicating the proposed completion date for our Villa is due in a few days. We have been thanked for our patience and it is the intention of Troylake to honour their promise of a villa of the highest quality to us.

We are going over on the 31st May for a free stay in a Othello I villa for 11 days along with pickups and drop off's to the airport included.

I know it is taking a bit longer but I believe that they will be worth it in the end.

All the staff of Troylake have always been courteous and helpful in my dealing's with them.

I am in touch with 3 other buyers who all seem to be confident of completion and looking forward to a lovely home in beautiful Bogaz.

Regards,

Patrick (Tiggy)

shazza

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Hi there

Thanks for replying so promptly. What number is your plot, we are plot no 1 on Othello II, Are you on Othello I or II, we have been told ours will not be ready til the end of the year???

I am getting very anxious as to why it is taking so long.

Would it be possible for you to take photos of plot 1 while you are out there in May and forward them onto me, i would be very grateful.

It is so nice to be in contact with someone in the same boat purchasing from Troylake.

Did you pay for your villa up front or just the deposit over 12 months.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sharon

Lindz

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Shazza

I'm Patrick's partner, thought I'd reply also, hope that's okay.

I was also very anxious at first, about all the excuses and length of time it all seemed to be taking.

I've now tried to relax a bit about it, (with Patrick trying to reassure me), and have taken the "manana" attitude, however if there's not much been done when we get there, I don't know how I'll be!

Of course we'll take some photos when we're over, and send them on. Ours is plot 4(I think) on Othello II, so we'll be neighbours!

Best wishes

Linda

windy

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Shazza We bought off plan on othello II plot 28 back in dec 05 for completion not later than dec o6 although it was promised for august o6 ,The staff at that time were wonderful as you say and I had formed a good freindship with the operations manager Firat and the site manager and civil engineer Birgul. also the MD Hassan and come to think of it all the office staff here in uk,Eventually we had to insist on a meeting with the MD where he offered us a villa to stay in on othello I until completion of ours,After 3 weeks in said villa and his failure to turn up for meeting or return emails or calls we went back to uk absolutely devastated as we wanted this villa to live in and take care of elderley mother,On top of this we sold our own house to fund purchase to go and live in Cyprus,We had no alternative but to take legal action where they prommised to refund in full +10% or offer us another villa or complete ours within 6 months as we had paid in full up front.This is a massively abrieviated version of events but we still have no villa no where to live we are renting and only a small part of our money has been refunded so far,We are not eating or sleeping well as this has totally Dissrupted our lives the anguish and stress it has coursed is imense,I wish you all well and hope for your sakes the site will one day be finished

shazza

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Lindz

Of course its okay for you to email back, as i said its nice to hear from people who are customers of Troylake. We have been over to Cyprus to visit the site 3 times now and the only poeople we have ever seen are the staff.

When i look at photos of what the villas will look like i melt as they are beautiful, but then i hear the goal post has been moved yet again i get all depressed, as like all of us we just want our villas finished so as we can enjoy them. Have you any idea of a completion date?

We are going out in August for 2 weeks, 1st week we are staying at the Salamis Bay Hotel just down the road from the site, so hopefully we can check out the bars, restaurants and lovely beaches.

We are then going down to the south for our 2nd week to meet up with some family.

please keep in touch.

Sharon.

shazza

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Hi there

That is really sad to hear, it is very stressful buying and selling property, if i had known then what i know now i think i would have left my money where is was. I am the stressy one in our marriage, my husband is very laid back and says i worry far to much and everything will be fine, but at the end of the day this is our future and when i read stories like yours i want to pull the plug.

I spoke to Raif on Monday and he tells me ours will be finished at the end of this year, i am not holding my breath.

Please stay in touch and i hope you get the rest of your money back.

Sharon

windy

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

The location is so nice with the mountain backdrop and the sea to the front it really was our dream home and should we get the rest of our money back i will post it immediatly

rtddci

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Has anyone complained to the Property Complaints Office? Spoken to Marian Stokes at the Home Buyers Pressure Group - http://www.hbpg-trnc.net ?

rtddci

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Has anyone registered their contract and or checked that the builders have not taken out mortgages on the properties?

windy

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

RTDDCI

yes and yes to that but its not Marian Stokes anymore they openned a new property complaints office at the KKTC Basbakanlik its Tuge Volkan and the lawyer is Necibe Ustun But since registering our complaint 6 months ago we have no reply to our emails or phone calls but they do claim to be trying for us ,each time we ring them . We hear they had over 1000 complaints about lawyers and builders in 6 months and are very busy

rayz1

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Has anyone received information or an update from troylake recently

bradus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Windy

Have Troy Lake taken out mortgages on their sold land?

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
16/01/2009 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Is there any news on that posting that was removed regarding Raif Hassan ?

simbas

Message Posted:
16/01/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Sue ,Othello 1, I don't think they have , unless someone can say otherwise for sure , Othello 2 i have been told that they have had an injuction taken out on it

Regards , Pat

rowlo

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

are you people crazy did you not see the economic climate coming why buy off plan and hand over your money when thers projects already finished that can be bought right away did you not see all the house shells waiting for the next idiot to come along did you actually buy nothing and not even check if they had also mortgaged the land if so why moan if not how foolish

cronos

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Rowlo.....still got that volunteer job on the Samaritan's switchboard ? ;-)

IvorBindun

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

rowlo

4 years ago there was a boom & a lot of construction going on at the site, not a downturn in the economic climate, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Dont know where you got your info as there is no mortage on the land & a lot of research was done. Dont treat us all as idiots when you dont know the facts!

We have enough grief going on without people like you calling us idiots.

rowlo

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

msg 19 i never said your land was mortgaged i only said people buying of plan should check these things out i was only making a comment on shazzas post ie 2 years later she might get her home well i hope she does but it seems an awfly lomg time to wait and still be hoping

britvic

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

We bought our off plan home (stage payments) 2005, we moved our furniture in October 2008 when finally finished (apart from paths). The builder had come clean earlier in the year and told us he was in financial difficulty, we paid the last stage payment early, and they finished it, 3 years of anguish and heartache, if he had come clean earlier, we could have resolved the matter earlier.

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Message 17

If you have nothing constructive to say to people who are extremely anxious about their homes......best not say anything at all!

I read these posts and its simply a case of "there but the grace of God go I"

This could have happened to most that have bought in the TRNC. Nobody has a crystal ball.

britvic

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

A friend of mine bought in Spain, only to find it is double sold, doesn't have a leg to stand on legally., so it's not just TRNC.

cronos

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

I'm not sure that will be any comfort to anyone Britvic.

Bradus

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

But she has one leg more to stand on than people who purchased in the TRNC.

The EU.

rowlo

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

msg 25 now thats really constructive

rowlo

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

thanks britvic that was all i tried to say re your msg 21 thats just to long to wait your cash would have been better in a bank at 18% for 3 years im a joiner it doesnt take 3 yrs to build a house in fact built mine in 3 mnths

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.