North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fantastic New Girne Venue-Restaurant & Lounge Bar
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fantastic New Girne Venue-Restaurant & Lounge Bar

Fantastic New Girne Venue-Restaurant & Lounge Bar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

NatAless

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 44 in Discussion

'Cine Miles' Restaurant & bar, top quality brand new place just opened!!! Outdoor cinema projection screen (& plenty of indoor screens too!) to watch football matches etc beautiful surroundings-patio garden, posh comfortable seating & marble bar out-side...inside private VIP lounge (bookings required), cosy corners (for romantic diners) & balconies for outdoor seating with a view, big bar and plasma screens, carpet floor and cosy atmosphere...varied menu-large portions & good value including:

Caesar salad

Soup of the day with garlic bread

Varied burgers & wraps served with coleslaw, chips, grilled tomatoes & green peppers

Mexican 'quesadilla'

Steak sandwich/bacon sandwich/salmon & blue cheese sandwich & club sandwiches

American XL T-Bone steak

Arizona lamb chops

MANY veggie options available too aswell as fried shrimps/seaood risotto with basil garlic & white wine sauce...hungry?! The food is AMAZING!!

Desserts include Chocolate Brownie Sundae & various pies..cherry etc

NatAless

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 44 in Discussion

The theme is old cinema legends, many walls decorated with photos & posters of stars ie Marilyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot, James Dean, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn etc

screens usually showing old classic movies (unless there is an important match on!)

Situated where Fashion/Colors cafe is the road opposite where HSBC & Dress Agency are (sorry crap at directions) or if coming from town near the end of the road where Nulten hair salon is after the HSBC...

I couldn't finish my ceasar salad it was amazing and it was only the starter (!) then had a veggie wrap & the best coffee and Chocolate Brownie I have ever had in my life!!!!!!!!! Excellent service lovely location Girne needed a special new place but felt very comfortable as the staff were so friendly, give it a try! I think it's a fab new place for the family/friends to enjoy a lovely meal/cocktail or beer in the day or night in great surroundings!

Natx

smithy

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 44 in Discussion

Went pass there yesterday it looked impressive, will give it a try was it expensive

Thanks for info Nat

snakes

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 44 in Discussion

connected to Mountain View Hotel lovely people deserve success ! very kind and charitable (starfever venue)

NatAless

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 44 in Discussion

No, not expensive actually! Normal prices I would say but huge portions...ummm wraps and burgers were between 12-15 tl beers between 4-5 tl and wines from 9 tl a bottle but I was very full & happy! Went for lunch and no dinner for me tonight! Very nice place, good to see new places coming up for a change & a great menu! Am considering going again for brunch tomorrow with other friends!!!

Natx

Brinsley

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 44 in Discussion

Sorry, it didn't work when it first opened nor will it now. The place is around the corner from where I live and tried it once when it first opened, Efes 33cl at 7TL didn't work for me, nor having to inhale car fumes as it's situated right on the main Girne drag!

Richard

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 44 in Discussion

Richard,

Club Cine Miles does not serve Efes due to its sponsors being Carlsberg. I'm not quite sure where that has come about. Also, you said it didn't work when it first opened? It hasn't officially opened yet Richard(the official opening is next Saturday) and there has been no Cine Miles prior to this.

Very strange post.

Kind Regards,

Sue

NatAless

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 44 in Discussion

I agree Sue, it's a new place, new concept with new owners! Don't know what it was before but I sat in the patio and was well away from any car fumes, the patio is enclosed! As I wrote, the beers do not go over the price of 5 tl & as I recall they serve Carlsberg & Tuborg amongst many other alcoholic beverages including my favourite the 'Cosmopolitan' cocktail and Mojitos!

Natx

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 44 in Discussion

Richard

Message 6:

Are you a relation to Negative Nick or do you just want to knock everything before it has even happened.

Try to be positive sometimes, it is good for the soul.

AJ

NatAless

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 44 in Discussion

Re msg 3 ...sorry to go off topic but hi Smithy, hope you're well!

Take care and hope to see you soon!

Natx

PS Try this place before you knock it! Go for a drink & take a look at the menu! I cant remember all the prices, but am sure you will like it and have a good time, that is just my honest recommendation...for what it's worth! As the best thing about this forum, in my opinion, is the advice & sharing our good/bad experiences with others in the TRNC :0)

Natx

Brinsley

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 44 in Discussion

colors/fashion is situated on the small roundabout opposite the start of the road leading into Town. If I'm in the wrong place I apologise but took it for where it was described, or interpreted as in Msg 2!

Richard

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 44 in Discussion

Sounds really nice will def try .Cheers Nat

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 44 in Discussion

Not a problem.

It's down the road from the old Colours Fashion, just next to cafe Nyxx along the HSBC road. Come down for a drink sometime.

Kinds regards,

Sue - Mountain View

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 44 in Discussion

Sorry msg 13 was for Richard.

Look forward to seeing you Pipie, I think after the 'official' opening they will be having movie requests to be played on the projector screen outside.

Sue

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 44 in Discussion

Sue

I wish you well with your new venture, just ignore all of the pessimist's.

AJ

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 44 in Discussion

Thankyou very much AJ, it has been quite a stressful few months getting everything ready.

Hope you are well,

Sue

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 44 in Discussion

Richard

Message 6:

You have lost the plot.

Why do you bother?

mint1955

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 44 in Discussion

Good luck Sue and all at Mountainview we will visit next time we are in NC.

Sheila&Phil

Brinsley

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 44 in Discussion

SORRY! In the wrong place, I'll hobble down the track and wish you well!

Richard

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 44 in Discussion

Thankyou so much guys, hope everything is ok your end.

Sue

Brinsley

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 44 in Discussion

AJ

Starting a vendetta against me? You have the ultimate button to censor anything, one, or subject you disagree with. I think you'll find I've made amends from the initial description given when I got my knickers in a twist!

Richard

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 44 in Discussion

Sue it sounds lovely. Will try to get in for a cocktail. Good luck to you all xxx

lapta29

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 44 in Discussion

Reality check how many cafe / bars on the main road between starling and astro ??

How many have opened and closed in the last 3 months ?

Does a small town like Girne need over 400 eateries ?

It seems to be the lates fad open a cafe / bar on the main road let the customers inhale fags and petrol fumes to their hearts desire.

Are the patrons give a grant to open the establishments ??

There is no way I would open a new venture in an area with 20+ establishments plying a similar trade.

Would you using your own money ?

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 44 in Discussion

Will you be charging different prices for the same drink, as you did at Star Fever?

Your "kids" were overcharging some people with different prices, the "inside" bar were charging less than the outside bar. They were also giving very meagre measures, and when questioned about irregular charging, they replied, "we have now reduced the prices, as it's near the end of the show".

They did give me a menu for your new venture which looks very professional.

I wish you the best of luck, but please remember, if someone says 99 nice things about you, and 1 bad thing, guess what most people will remember? It's called human nature.

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 44 in Discussion

Pinkchilli,

My name is Oz and I am writing on behalf of my mum, dad and little brother who was serving behind the bar at the 'Starfever' event.

Due to other commitments I could only attend parts of the second show, and thus was not fully at all 3 events.

Firstly I would like to make clear that the Mountain View Hotel did not take a penny for the hosting of the 'Starfever' event, as our way of supporting a very good cause. When you consider the electricity provided for 5/6 different rehersals, 3 main events, and also the electric used to create the stage more than a month in advance, I do not think this was too bad on our behalf?

I have spoken to my brother and he has assured us that he provided the same prices outside, as would have been in-house. As I said earlier, I was at parts of the second event where I did see him provide a happy-hour so to speak as guests were leaving where prices were reduced; but I struggled to see the problem with this, and thus let him continue.

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 44 in Discussion

With regards to the measures, yes, they were not as large as what were served at the main hotel bar; however, were you aware that the organisers of the event(which was not The Mountain View Hotel) provided these plastics cups for us to serve as they did not want the possibility of glasses being knocked over inside the main concert area.

It was lovely to have woken up to such lovely comments from you I must say. I have read some of your other posts and wouldn't have expected anything less. It's the kind of optimism this country needs at this time.

Are we perfect? Definitely not, we are always open for suggestions on how we can improve our establishment. However, I think your comments are very unjust, especially when you clearly did not know the full ins and outs of the event. I genuinely think it's very easy to remember the "99 nice things" about something/someone, and recognise when one may want to nit-pick.

Thanks again for making all of our mornings,

Regards,

Oz

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 44 in Discussion

Dear Oz

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

I appreciate your comments and now I understand the reasoning for some of my concerns.

I did not intend upsetting you, or your family, and if I have done so, please accept my apologies.

Your hotel should be applauded for it's generosity.

One last thing, you mentioned that you have read some of my other posts and wouldn't have expected anything less. I have looked at my last 50 posts and find your comment confusing.

Regards

PC

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 44 in Discussion

Richard

Re message 21:

'Starting a vendetta against me? You have the ultimate button to censor anything, one, or subject you disagree with. I think you'll find I've made amends from the initial description given when I got my knickers in a twist!'

No vendetta, on a personal basis I get fed up with people making derogatory comments without knowing the full facts, why should I use my moderator powers to delete your posting? It is not against the forum rules and I also have a right to reply outside of my board duties. I accept that you made a mistake and you have apologised and both yourself and pinkchilli have accepted the replies given by the owners of Mountain View/Cine Miles but the accusations, although easy to make on the board, should have have been discussed with the imterested parties before posting.

AJ

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 44 in Discussion

Thankyou for your kind words.

Please feel free to pop by Cine Miles whenever you like. I was down their last night where some friends suggested we put on films such as 'Gone with the Wind' and 'Breakfast at Tiffanys', to complement the theme after the official opening. Personally, I was more up for Ghostbusters and E.T!

I just had a quick look at your profile and saw a comment regarding Ezic I think. To be honest I did not read the full comment, and did not mean any offence.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, the weather has been superb.

Regards,

Oz

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 44 in Discussion

Sorry, msg 29 was intended for msg 27.

susiesusie

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 44 in Discussion

Bottle of wine 9ytl???????

Sorry i think you mean the size of bottle you get on a plane which is an 18.75cl. (this equates to 36tl for a full bottle doesnt it???. Wow !! expensive.

Advertised cheapest full bottle of

LOCAL wine at 35ytl. Still very expensive,

50cl draught 5ytl . 50cl bottle 5-5.50 tl.

Meals prices seem ok but why does this always happen when it comes to the drink prices. Surely a fair price will encourage people to have another . Ps i find 4ytl for a soft drink too much.

Kensley

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 44 in Discussion

wer is it x

Kensley

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 44 in Discussion

this cinemiles

metin

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 44 in Discussion

Just to the left, off of the first roundabout, as you're driving towards Girne.

Second bar along on the left hand side of the road.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 44 in Discussion

Hi everyone. Personally I think this bar/restaurant will probably do well as Nyx next door seems to. Every time I have been past it has been busy with (mainly) young Cypriots and I think this is probably the target market. They don't appear to be as tight as some of us Brits who seem to constantly question the price of everything. My personal opinion is that if you balk at paying 5.50TL for a bottle of beer then you should probably stick to the usual Brit watering holes. I haven't been to the new place but have been to Nyx a number of times and the food is really really good with great service. Horses for courses but give these guys a chance before moaning about their prices.

Good luck to all concerned.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 44 in Discussion

Msg 35

I couldn't agree more. If you want to drink in pleasant, contemporary surroundings, then you have got to expect to pay a bit more than you would in a bar with sawdust on the floor. Come on folks, is a 1TL difference in the price of a beer really the deciding factor when you go out for a nights entertainment ?? Next post will probably be criticising the place because it doesn't have karaoke !!!

Regards

Paul

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 44 in Discussion

Well said Jo & Paul,

I totally agree, but unfortunately 1tl seems to be the deciding factor these days !! Business is about providing a service & making a profit, people should think twice before making comments regards pricing e.t.c

I cannot understand how any establishment selling a large beer for 4tl can make any profit??

I sell large beer at 4tl and am not making a kurus in profit, with rents, electricity & all the other running costs involved in a business profit is just a distant dream..

karaoke which inccidently doe's not appeal to me, costs on average 200tl for a nights work.. equals 200 bottles of beers in net profit... (10 cases of Carlsberg)...

I as yourselves have spent a fortune to renovate and set up my business only to have certain people bargain with me over the price of a bottle of Angora wine which I charge 20tl for !!

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 44 in Discussion

I wish the Mountain View family the best of luck!!

And please whatever you do DO NOT reduce your prices as I had done in the first month of opening The Stonehouse Pub..

I urge the expat community of kyrenia to please have some remourse towards establishments new & old, you are a much valued & respected part of the TRNC community.

Kind regards

Ozi

LostFound

Message Posted:
27/10/2009 03:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 44 in Discussion

Went there for a drink about 2 weeks ago, was really nice and would love to go back but I cant afford to pay 12 ytl for an import and mixer. Thats what it used to be about 4 years ago but imports came down to around 8 lire or less. Paid 6 lire in Sunset for a Jack Daniels and coke!

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 44 in Discussion

Straybearx

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 44 in Discussion

Hi Sue, drove past the cine miles restaurant yesterday thought I recognised one of your staff, only realised today why he was there. Delighted to see the "positive posts" and can relate to them, having had a wonderful holiday last June at the Mountain View where the food and staff were brilliant! Will definitely be in to see you

soon, Barry & Di

LostFound

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 44 in Discussion

Went there for a drink about 2 weeks ago, was really nice and would love to go back but I cant afford to pay 12 ytl for an import and mixer. Thats what it used to be about 4 years ago but imports came down to around 8 lire or less. Paid 6 lire in Sunset for a Jack Daniels and coke!

New post: Actually the waiter made a mistake and said it was 14 lire, we threw a strop and paid 12. And yes its normally 8 lire elsewhere.

NatAless

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 44 in Discussion

Although the prices are reasonable & normal for a bar in town (in my opinion) I dont mind paying a bit more anyway to eat & drink in a nice place, the cocktails are great & its a lovely setting, they are hosting a halloween party there on saturday night and I for one will be there again!

see you there!

Natx

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 44 in Discussion

Jack Daniels & coke 6tl ? 8tl?

The average price for a Jack Daniels & coke is 10tl, obviously depending on where you are drinking it, I do not understand why people make such a fuss for a couple of lira..

As natalie pointed out, if your going to drink at a nice bar in town, you have to expect to pay a liittle more for the privilage..

Way of the world im afraid.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.