North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car Insurance as a Tourist in the North
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car Insurance as a Tourist in the North

Car Insurance as a Tourist in the North

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

Corbo

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry to bore you with my journey again. I am driving over early November until April 2010 and staying in Lapta. Is it best to get Car Insurance as passing into Turkey for the few days in Turkey and then the same on arrival in Girne. Can you take out Comprehensive insurance for 90 days on arrival or is it only 3rd Party etc. (To be renewed after 90 days for a longer stay)

Stewart

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

may be worth investgating, taking out ins in the uk, to cover Turkey & whole of Cyprus?..am sure you will get replies from those who have, been there, done that

flightholiday

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Stewart's thought is good as we assume your car is registered and insured in the UK

jinyx

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Just ask your ins. company for a green card which will cover you for your journey, up to 30 days for any one trip. This will suffice in turkey and also over the border in the south. On arrival in TRNC they will sting you for £50 for a months cover note,unless you have taken out cover prior on your motor. As your trip isnt till nov, you have got plenty of time to get cover in trnc. If you know someone here then give them the details and they can do it for you, its a lot cheaper that way. I am speaking from experience as I did the trip 3 weeks ago, your a brave man! its a bloody nightmare!.

Corbo

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Oh..why a nightmare Jinyx? I look forward to a slow relaxed drive.

Corbo

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

These guys will do 3rd pary for £105...seems reasonable.

http://www.noktaestates.com/

jinyx

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I think thats the way to do it corbo, "slow and relaxed". On why a nightmare? its not that bad I suppose, but as I told you before, the fun starts at leaving turkey and arriving here. I have never seen such chaos as the farce in tascucu with customs and the police, and there is no way of explaining what happens as I'm still not sure what did!. The best piece of advise is to find someone going on the ferry to help you who can speak turkish, then they can explain what to do. Same goes for the arrival in TRNC. As for the ferry, My car went on another ferry, not the same one as me, but nobody told me that, they just grunted and pointed. The ferry I went on was ( to put it nicely) a big bag of shite, and you dont have a choice. To go the 67 miles from turkey took all of 8 hours, I could have swam faster ( and at one point considered it!) just glad to get off. But anyway, hope it all goes ok.

Corbo

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Cheers..jinyx..thanks for that. Yes I've heard the admin stuff at Tasucu can be difficult. I'll be mentally prepared for it and will find someone going on the ferry who speaks Turkish. I've dealt with East African admin when younger which is bound to be far worse.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.