North Cyprus Tourist Board - Donkey Travel
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Donkey Travel

Donkey Travel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Discovery

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I am completely fed up regarding all the problems concerning cars IE does one buy a local TRNC car at double UK price or buy a greek car at double UK price or bring a car over for one year but is it three years old or five years old too much of a problem . I am thinking of the idea of using the Karpas Donkeys for transport no fuel costs no customs duty just a bucket of carrots every day i wont need to go far the local bar will be ok my main problem is do they understand English or Turkish we all know they were left by the Greeks i will have to learn a few words just in case . What do you all think of my idea ( i know Rubbish ) All the best Frank

McSteviet

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Frank,

Don't be such an Ass.

MC

joandjelly

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Discovery I think your best bet is to buy a TRNC car. We bought a Subaru Forester from M Haci Ali and the price was about 12% higher than UK price for a franchised dealer but the car had much lower mileage and was in A1 condition. Permanent 4WD and ideal for the roads here and plenty of room for the dog.

I know several people who have brought cars from the UK and have paid huge tax bills and have had all the hassle of trawling round the various government offices to sort out the paperwork.

So if you can't find a suitable donkey then give the dealers a go and don't forget it was recently quoted in Cyprus Today that there are over 5000 cars sitting on forecourts waiting to be sold so it must be a buyer's market especially if they have been imported from Japan and have to be registered before they are a certain age. Also it's worth remembering that cars here hold their value much better than UK cars.

jock1

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hee Hawlways say's that...

livethedream

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Top idea Discovery .....

breezyboy

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Frank,

Nice to see that yesterday's bill from Nevergreen didnt totally knacker your sense of humour. maybe we should all club together and have a Breeze car, would it have to be an estate car?

Erwin

Discovery

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Erwin

I agree that we should have a breeze car must be open top with an AK 47 in the back there are a few Rats that need sorting out.

Frank

newlad

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Steve,

What was that you were saying about hijacking posts lol.

Aussie

Message Posted:
02/05/2008 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

While all cars here are overpriced due to the massive import taxes in looking arround I thought the japanese low kilometer imports represent the best value when I reluctantly had to buy a car.

I recently bought a Mitsubishi colt from Tasas Trading Nicosia PH 90 392 225 37 27 66 Ask for either Tony or Bob who were both very helpful and not high pressure saleman. They had a lot of 2-3 year old cars with less than 30,000 km from all of the major japanese brands Nissan Mitsubishi Toyota etc with a lot arround GBP 7-7500 all with auto aircon ABS airbags etc all present virtually as new.

The other advantage is they have been driven by Japenese owners who generally look after their cars and drive much more carefully than the vast majority of local drivers.

Aussie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.