North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sea View Resort and Skyline Residence - Bogaz
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sea View Resort and Skyline Residence - Bogaz

Sea View Resort and Skyline Residence - Bogaz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Read Skyline Residence Bogaz North Cyprus property review

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

ADRIAN

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Has anyone bought at the above developments. The company is called MEDVIEW HOMES. I was just wondering are they a reputable company.

sjw1979

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Yes adrian, we had a look at hilltop in march and saw the skyline, big company n NC, quiet alot of medview owners in another forum about Bogaz, you might be better asking there ? ps. they were very nice developments.

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
15/05/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Adrian,

I have just returned from spending two weeks in our apartment at Hilltop Village,which is between Sea View Resort and Skyline.

There are several types of property for re-sale at present with some of them furnished and including air conditioning and white goods

The 2 bedroom apartments are spacious and there are several pools and a restaurant/bar on site. Appo & Dogan run this restaurant and the food is excellent.Good place to meet friends and neighbours too!

The Bogaz harbour which has a small beach ,several restaurants & two bars is very pretty and within walking distance.The Big Old Bazaar which is now under construction will have many shops and is along the main road ,just down from Hilltop/Sea View.

I will stop now as I think I am beginning to sound like an Estate Agent!!

Terri

simbas

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

hi terry , what happened to you ? , i thought we were meeting up at the salamis , i'm sorry we did'nt get to meet , i met up with julie and phil , i did have my daffoldil on . hope you had a nice time while you were there

regards , simbas

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Pat,

Shaun and I did go down to Salamis conti Hotel at 13.00pm on the friday.We sat in the lobby for 10 mins and then took a walk outside on the patio overlooking the sea.We did see a group of British people (5) sitting outside but it wasn't you because I printed your photo from this website and took it with me.We then went back inside for another 10mins and then drove back to Bogaz.

Sorry we missed you,maybe next time we are over,we can meet up.Terri

lovelife

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Terri

It was a shame we did not meet up, we had a good time with Pat and her friends.

Julie.

roachie

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Medview are a reputable building company but unfortunately there after sales is very poor. They make you sign up to their maintenance company and their water supply - both of which are very expensive. Don't believe any promises they make you that either is not the case. They do build good houses though even if they are a little over priced for what they are.

Tyrone

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 07:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Hello,

I am considering transfering my deposit from Skyline to another Medveiw Property. Do you still own your property in NC and of the properties on http://www.medviewhomes.com could you please recommend the best value for money property. I am thinking about a good 1 bed or even a 2 bed apartment if priced well. I would enjoy being able to walk to bars and resturants. Is it possible to rent out the properties in this area to cover service charges etc. What are the annual services charges and general running cost like.

Sorry for all the questions - I am new to the foreign property market

Thanks

the butler

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Tyrone,

I own a Medview home at Esentepe. The homes are very well built There are some lovely 1 bedded apartments available on our site and they are just being completed now.

We have our own management company on our site and it is a fund managed site. All the other Medview sites are managed by them. Check our site out, it is located on the north coast road with amazing views.

The butlers wife

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Medview build quality I have found to be good but as said before, the aftercare is a bit hit & miss. If you treat them with kid gloves & friendship you get things done but if you go in & have a moan you have no chance!

Skyline and SeaView are now at a standstill until the "credit crunch" is over so if you want a completed property look at their finished sites.

It depends what you want to where you buy. I love Hilltop as it is more of a village. Property is quite well spaced out and you have great views all around. Good mixture of ages there. Some perminante residance & some just for holidays. I find it central to everything we need.

Sun Rise beach club is prefered by other, but I find that too enclosed and more like a holiday resort.

I have driven past Esentepe and know many like it there.

Your best bet is to go to all the sites, talk to many residance as there is always some who will have nothing good to say no mater where you are then choose what suits your needs best.

Tapps

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Hi. Could anyone tell me if its correct that to get water and electric set up in the seaview apartments costs £600 each utility !!? Also the medview furniture package is £5k. I am presuming that there are very few shops nearby that sell beds, settee's etc so I will use their package but thought it best to ask first. Thanks

the butler

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Tapps,

£1200 is the standard charge for water and electric connection with Medview. Compared to other developers this is not too expensive and at least it will be connected and you will not be waiting months or even years for it. There are plenty of furniture shops in and around Famagusta to purchase furniture packages.

The butlers wife

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Tapps have you had that info from Medview?

I dont remember paying that much for set up but then I am getting old and my memory is going!

When we connected at Hilltop, part of the final payment also included putting money on the electric and water so you had a head start when you got there. I think it was about £50 for each, but as I said, my memory is going so I could well be wrong.

the butler

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Tapps,

In 2006 when I bought my property at Esentepe I paid £600 for both. I know that that it is now £1200 because all the new apartment owners on our site are being charged this figure.

The butlers wife

Tapps

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Hi. Thanks for your responses.

Yes I did get the info on my settlement contract when I agreed to the transfer

i am not going to furnish until next year so maybe i will do my own shopping rather than take their package

Tapps

nxt01

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Hi,

Could you someone tell me if the Seaview Resort apartments (sapphire block) is worthwhile transferring to? Are the appartments good quality, in a good area, close to the beach, spacious and the cost of the service charge? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nxt01

the butler

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Hi,

The quality of build will be very good because all Medview properties are of good quality and finish. You can see the sea but I wouldn't say it was that close to the apartments. Medview discount the service charge on your first year and on the second year they put them up. They are quite high compared to other developments

but I understand the facilities when the site is eventually finished will be good.

The butlers wife

nxt01

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you know how long it will take to walk to the beach and are the beaches around nice? In your opinion, which resort is worth buying a property in? I am looking for areas where there are enough resturant and bars and other things to do?

Have you heard anything definite on what is happening to Skyline residence? Are you based in N Cyprus at the moment. I would like to give you a call and have chat about this, would this be possible?

Thanks

Hilltop

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

The chances are you will not be able to see the sea (check location with Medview and have it written into contract). The nearest decent beach is a 10 minute drive, though there is a small beach attached to the Bogaz Beach Club which is a 20 minute walk. You would be at the gateway to the Karpaz where there are a number of very good beaches within an hours drive.

Bogaz has a number of bars and restaraunts and is a 2 minute drive or 20 minute walk from Seaview.

In another thread on this board Medview have said that nothing will happen to Skyline for the foreseeable future, there would appear to be a problem with finance.

the butler

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Thank you Hilltop for your imput, as you live a lot closer to Seaview than me and I am only going from memory from my last visit. I would say your observations are correct.

nxt01 Bogaz is a quiet little harbour with a few shops and restaurants, for real nightlife I think you will need to go in to Famagusta 20 minutes drive away.

The butlers wife

nxt01

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Hilltop & The butlers wife,

Many thanks for your response. From all the Medeview resorts which do you rank as the 1st and 2nd best? At the moment without seeing the place its not easy to decide so your help will be appreicated. I would like to chat to you over the phone if possible (this saturday) as I have a number of questions. If this is possible please let me know.

Thanks

nxt01

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.