North Cyprus Tourist Board - Banking
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Banking

Banking

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

capability

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

what is the best way to transfer money from uk to HSBC in Lefkosa but the person in kibris does not have a bank account

spook

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

It may be possible for you to go into your local HSBC bank in the UK and pay funds into the bank for collection at HSBC in the TRNC, you will need the details of the TRNC bank, whoever is collecting will need ID and you must be able to tell the UK bank in what form this ID will be in order for this info to be sent to the TRNC bank.

Have used this method on previous occasions to the USA/EUROPE when have had men working away who needed additional funds quickly.

capability

Message Posted:
02/05/2008 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

thanks but , what I am not sure is if the HSBC bank in Cyprus uses the same bank branch codes as UK

lobylud

Message Posted:
04/05/2008 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I maybe thick on this one so be gentle.

I've got a high interest and a sterling bank account with Garanti bank with internet access.

I made my initial deposits but the question is, is there any way I can deposit money into them without actually being in North Cyprus or without incuring any transfer bank charges by using the internet?

Thanks,

Loby.

lobylud

Message Posted:
06/05/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I'm bringing this back to the top as nobody replied.

Is the question that simple or is it me?

Loby.

brian24001

Message Posted:
06/05/2008 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

there will most likely be some charges somewhere along the line, to transfer to the account you will need the name of the bank, sort code, a/c no, name of a/c holder, and most importantly, the IBAN number the individual number in the whole world for your account at that particular branch,(different for each of your accounts).

I suspect you know all of this, with perhaps the exception of the IBAN number, though some banks here print it on your account card.

ukturk

Message Posted:
06/05/2008 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

hi lobylud

i did not see your post otherwise i would off posted sooner, firstly garanti bank has a representive office in london i am not sure if you can deposit any monies the way you are asking but you can contact them and ask address and telephone number below

Mr. Mutlu Sayinatac

Fifth Floor 192 Sloane Street

London SW1X 9QX - United Kingdom

Tel: (44 207) 761 25 00

hope this helps

capability there is a way you can sent money from the u.k to a bank without them having a bank accouunt its western union money transfers to north cyprus website link below but the only bank that your friend can get it from is iktisat bank kaymakli branch or taskinkoy or sarayonu branches in lefkosa

http://www.westernunion.co.uk/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&countryCode=GB&languageCode=en&pagename=HomePage

hope this helps

regards to you both

ukturk

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
06/05/2008 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I agree with UKturk, Western Union or Moneygram is the best way to get the money to them and only takes 15 minutes, maximum, before it can be collected.

lobylud

Message Posted:
07/05/2008 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks guys for the input and advice.

In my case I know how to do it but I want to do it without it costing me any or too much money in charges. If I have to pay charges that's a big chunk of my interest gone.

If I'm over there with cash, no problem but if I'm in England transfering money around on my HSBC on-line accounts cost me nothing.

If I transfer money to NC on the internet I will get stung.

What I want to know is there a way round it legally?

Thanks.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.