North Cyprus Tourist Board - seed sewing advice in Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > seed sewing advice in Cyprus

seed sewing advice in Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

LostFound

Message Posted:
16/10/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I brought back some flower seeds from the UK. Someone said seed sowing in Cyprus is not very successful. Can anyone give advice on this and does one stand more chance if seeding is done in boxes rather than in the ground. What sewing months on the packet would tally up with our Cyprus weather I wonder.

roisin

Message Posted:
16/10/2009 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

depends on what the seeds are. I plant mine in little seed pots.You can put a plastic cover over them for moisture. Thin them out as they get bigger.When they have a few of real leaves on them(not the 2 little feeder leaves)you can put them in bigger pots.When they have grown repot or plant in garden. This month October is Ekim in Turkish and also means to plant/sow.Vegetables do really well as long as it's not too hot,Some English type flowers find the heat too much.It's best just to try with a few seeds and see what works.All part of the fun !!

mikelapta

Message Posted:
16/10/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

not much success with flower seeds,except sweet peas,and this is the month to sow.Keep all seeds moist.I planted lots of beans,garden peas this time last year,and had good success and cropped in Spring...garden full again now of peas and beans again.Support well because of high winds in early Spring.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.