North Cyprus Tourist Board - Visa for India on British Passport
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Visa for India on British Passport

Visa for India on British Passport

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

elko2

Message Posted:
18/10/2009 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I believe that a visa is required for visiting India on a British passport. Is there any feedback on this? Has anyone applied for one from Cyprus?

ismet

http://www.elkocyprus.com

Chegwin

Message Posted:
18/10/2009 08:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Not from Cyprus but I have had several and I assume that the Consulate/Embassy rules are the same.

For a British subject.

Return air ticket, hotel accommodation confirmation or residence address of a resident Indian, passport obviously with at least six months validity. Fill out a couple of simple forms and they will issue, usually for the first time, a visa for a single entry valid for six months then any subsequent visa will be six month multiple entry.

Process can take from five to ten working days.

Chegwin

moonoverwater

Message Posted:
18/10/2009 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

We went 4 years ago and got the visa from south nicosia in half an hour for more info ismet give me a call on 0542 8569441

Sean

the2ofus

Message Posted:
18/10/2009 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

elko2

Yes we had a 6 month tourist visa for Indias last year. We had to go to S Nicosia (not far from Engomi mall) to the Indian High Commission. You take passport and copy and euros and complete the form there - they keep the photocopy (so you can get back over the border) then you return approx 10 days later with your passport and they sign and attach the visa. Much easier than doing it in UK which can be very problematic !!!! We are doing ours again early Dec for our India visit late Dec. i think it cost approx 32 euros. Hope this helps.

moonrakers

Message Posted:
18/10/2009 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Elko,

The Indian High Commission is at...3 Indira Ghandi st. Montparnasse Hill, Ekgomi. S. Nicosia.

It is not very far from the new Carrefour/Homebase shopping centre, but up the hill.

You have to fill in a form and come back a week later to pick up the visa which is then attached to your passport.

They will photocopy your passport on the first trip as you need it to get back across the border.

You do not need flight tickets or proof of accomodation in India. I think it cost 40 eoros each last year for a 6 month visa. They were very frie.ndly and helpful except for one GC lady working there who said ' You are from the occupied side' There is always one !!

Bigcheese

Message Posted:
19/10/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

A friend travelled to India last year and was able to obtain their visa at the Indian High Commission in South Nicosia without any problems.

elko2

Message Posted:
19/10/2009 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks everybody for your kind remarks. So its an easy matter. The package tour operator in Istanbul offered to do it. They are e.mailing me the necessarry forms, so I do not have to go to the dark side. I hardly ever go there.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
20/10/2009 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Finally I decided to have the visa from Indian Embassy in south Nicosia. WE took a taxi (no meter) and he charged us 10 Euros. The Indian gentleman at the embassy was extremely helpful, gave us the forms to fill in and we sat in an airconditioned room to do it. Then I submitted the forms in the office next door and the Greek Cypriot yound lady decided to be funny and asked for proof of my address in Cyprus. I produced my TRNC ID card where my address is written on it. She did not want to look at it because "it is in Turkish" and she did not understand Turkish. She asked me for a utility bill instead which I did not have. What difference would that make since the utility bills are in Turkish too?

I had a few title deeds with me in my name with the correct address and showed her those if she wanted to look at but I told her that everything is in Turkish. "I am under instructions not to accept Turkish address names" she told me.

I was quite relaxed because I knew that if need be I

elko2

Message Posted:
20/10/2009 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

would see her superior Indian genleman who would sort her out. I said to her, "Look, I am not the mayor of Famagusta and I cannot change the names of the streets. My name is Ismet and it is same in Turkish, English and Greek. So that's it".

She gave in. I think she noticed that I was not perturbed one little bit, I was in full control. It will not be true if I argued that I was upset because I was not. Indeed I enjoyed it. My only regret is that on the form I was asked about my Natonality and also if I had a second one present or in the past. I wrote down "TRNC" as the second nationlity but what a shame, she did not spot that one

ismet

PS: We came back by taxi with a meter and he charged us 8 Euros.

negativenick

Message Posted:
20/10/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

why go to India, when you can visit Happy Valley Restuarant in Cattlekoy for a true taste of India....

elko2

Message Posted:
20/10/2009 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Cattlekoy? Do they have loads of cattles there nick?

Of course silly me, you mean Chatalkoy

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.