North Cyprus Tourist Board - EU withdraws funding
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > EU withdraws funding

EU withdraws funding

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

What do we make of this?

Cyprus talks have "reached a dead end" and it's TRNCs fault.

http://www.panorama.am/en/politics/2009/10/22/kipros/

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

The ICG stated that the European Union was no longer going to support the TRNC with funds until there is a solution. The ICG state that this is only going to hurt the TC people. They say this is something they don't deserve and will only heighten their mistrust of the European Union, just at a time when the EU was building bridges.

I am surprised at the statement 'the cyprus issue has reached a dead end'. It's probably true but it's still unusual to say this when the two leaders are still talking and there is the faintest flicker of hope. 'Dead end' sounds a little more final than 'impasse'.

lapta29

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

also here

ttp://translate.google.co.uk/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barisgazetesi.com%2F&sl=tr&tl=en&history_state0=

lapta29

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

h

ttp://translate.google.co.uk/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barisgazetesi.com%2F&sl=tr&tl=en&history_state0=

rdsteve

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Paper Talk

column 3 Cyprus talks are dead

Column 4

Minster is going to Cyprus for the ongoing talks

Which is it are they dead or are they ongoing?

Just trying to fill the paper.

Steve

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Todays cyprus-mail.com

Property issue back on the agenda.

The two leaders will meet today again to begin the "second phase" of discussion on property, which Talet has idenified as the hardest obstacle to a solution claiming that nearly every single Turkish Cypriot now has some association to Greek Cypriot property in the North.

newlad

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Just looks like they are trying to bully the North into submission,

Paul.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Annexed at last!

Richard

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Its all misinformation aided by CTP who lost the last elections and are trying to show UBP, the ruling party as the bad guys.

However UBP have taken steps which I do not approve.

1. From now on any organization of any kind will not be able to accept any aid from foreign powers except Turkey unles they obtain permission from the council of ministers. This covers associations and NGOs.

2. Clubs and associations of any sort will not be able to affiliate to any foreign clubs or associations unles they obtain permission from the council of ministers.

Until now it was the Greek Cypriots who were trying to isolate us, the Turkish Cypriots. Now its the UBP doing it, the Greek Cypriots can take a rest.

ismet

henrik

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

I agree for 100% with you elko - ebven I could count more UBP missleadings and lies. CTP and UBP - they are all playing unfair games at each other. But thats normal in TRNC.

For all:

There is no end of talks (which were continued today)

also a EU representative told reporters today that the fund is still availlable but the foreseen 42 million for this year have been shifted to 2010.. from rough 250 million euros only 13% were used by today. Big problems are that TRNC projecs and responible planners dont know how to comply with the EU beaurocracy.

I helped my brother in law and it was an difficult filling of forms - but not so hard for me as I am used to the german system.

Also its hard to find these projected funds. nobody realy know where to look at. As Elko stated above, it will now even be more harder for TRNC citicens to apply as not only the EU will need an application, but also the Ministers.. I dont understand this.. Its all sliding into a strange direction..

Lilli

Message Posted:
23/10/2009 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

henrick it alkways will they line thier own pockets first. if they had to conform god help us. They would not know how to fill in a form.We live in cuckoo land x

Brinsley

Message Posted:
23/10/2009 00:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Ismet

Where were you to support me?

Richard

elko2

Message Posted:
23/10/2009 06:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Richard,

You never asked, did you? I was not even aware of such a meeting.

Lili,

I helped out one of the biggest constructors on several occasions who took part in tenders from UNDP and the paperwork is horrendeous. The tender file can run up to thousands of pages of blah blah but once you sort them out and oblige, you can copy and paste for each tender again and again. I have seen many tenderers disqualified over trivial silly matters because they overlooked something or misunderstood the instructions in English. There is no end to their bureaucracy and in the end it will be the downfall of EU and similar. For example they want to know what size of office you will use on the building site and all the furniture and office equipment to the finest detail. Its really crazy.

ismet

lapta29

Message Posted:
23/10/2009 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

European Commission spokesman later in the hands began to read the paper. Read from a written paper that Tardio'nun Amadeu Altafaj relevant answers

Has there been a suspension of any financial aid to the Turkish Cypriots recently? No

The EU budget distinguishes between commitment credits and payment credits.

Commitment credits allow the Commission to sign contracts to implement programmes; payment credits are needed in the following years to make payments on these contracts

For the Turkish Cypriot aid programme some payments will take place later than originally planned (because there have been some months delay in signing contracts as a result of the special circumstances in the northern part of Cyprus).

It is expected that substantially all contracts foreseen in the €259 million aid programme will be signed by the end of the year.

However €42 million of payments that the Commission had originally planned to take place in 2009 will now take place later. It is therefore

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.