North Cyprus Tourist Board - message for elko 2 maybe you can advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > message for elko 2 maybe you can advice

message for elko 2 maybe you can advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

jacko

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

hi elko

i value your opinion please on my experience of selling my property recently my issues i raised are in posting (see below)

Advice from Solicitor to pay Contractors share of Tax POSTING

jacko

elko2

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Let me have a look but I wish you would put a link and also refer to the message number for easy reference. Anyway, I am going to look for it.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Jacko,

I think you are referring to msg. 18 here: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/24031.asp

I am afraid I am not sure exactly about the situation, so I cannot really comment on it. But one thing is certain: There is no capital Gains tax in TRNC. Most people are referring to the "Stopaj" wrongly. The "Stopaj" is a form of income tax in advance to be offset later for the tax liability of the developer. Hence under no circumstances this should be paid by the buyer.

ismet

jacko

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Elko my apologies for not using the forum correctly i am not computer literate like some on this website. Thank you for taking a look at some of my threads i made, i have many emails from my soliciitor at the time of the sale and it clearly states Capital gains tax also when i wrote a sharp email to the builder concerned after the sale he referred to it as well and went on to say that it nis paid to the government. My solicitor did clearly state that i wasnt responsible for this payment and yet he could not advise me what to do apart from phone the builder at the time and plead basically for mercy on this payment but to no avail. Whether this buyer bought my house or another buyer i would still face the same penalty charge the builder was asking of me. Legally am i too late to get any of this back i cant honestly afford to lose any more money .

elko2

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Jacko,

I amnot sure if I understood the problem properly but if you gave away some money (justly or unjustly) it is almost impossible to recover it.

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.