North Cyprus Tourist Board - Gas water heater ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Gas water heater ?

Gas water heater ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ustwo

Message Posted:
27/10/2009 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Does anybody know where I can buy a gas water heater ,the Ascot type please ,we have been quoted 600tl does that sound a good price?

minertor

Message Posted:
27/10/2009 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I had one fitted in Jan. this year by Ersem trading. The full cost, including pump and cabinet was 1250tl. The heater on it's own was about 600tl. There were cheaper ones in Arcelic but the staff knew nothing about them. (they couldn't quote a fitted price, "depends on how much cable it takes" they said???)

Happy enough with it, instant hot water on cold mornings. The only thing I can't understand is why they wouldn't connect to the hot water tank. I have to switch between the two, solar or gas. The gas system draws water direct from the cold tank. I checked with an English plumber and he says that is normal here.

Tony

Jaybee

Message Posted:
27/10/2009 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

We had one fitted last year Couldnt do with out it in the winter. phone Rob on 05338403348 very helpful chap

ustwo

Message Posted:
27/10/2009 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for your help minertor....

Tootie

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

back to the top...

Does anybody have any more information on gas water heaters pls?

basheer

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

I PAID £500 ALL FITTED AND A GAS BOTTLE TOO

CEMAL IS HIS NAME HIS PLUMBING SHOP IS IN LAPTA NEAR THE LAST STERLING NR THE PETROL STATION WILL LOOK FOR HIS TEL NUMBER IF YOU WANT MORE INFOR

waddo

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Have had mine for the last two years and can not fault it. It is fitted to the hot water supply from the hot tank on the roof and only cuts in when the hot water (from the solar panels) has gone below the temp set on the gas heater.

The system works really well but has taken me two years to figure out the best setting to use on the heater so that I use the least gas but still have good hot water. Well worth the money spent and no reason why you could not fit one yourself if you are even a little bit DIY handy. The plumbing is basic after all and only involves four in-line tapes and a couple of sections of pipe. Do not not what the comment about cable length was all about as mine has no cable and is auto start from a set of two D size batteries!

scruff

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I was given to understand that in order to have one of these gas water heaters, your cold water system must be fully pressurised. I don't mean a hydrofor or a pump either. Also if your bathrooms & kitchen supplie are in different parts of the house which ours all - all miles apart, there would be a problem too. For these reasons we are unable to have a gas water heater installed. I'd love one within reason (cost) & I can't see Brit .plumbers turning work down if it can be done?

scruff

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry. I got this wrong. Women & plumbing don't sit well together.

Apparently, it's your hot water system that has to be pressurised (not the cold water system). Ours is not & because of the cost involved in changing this we were advised to wait until we need a new hot water tank fitted & do the whole thing then.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.