North Cyprus Tourist Board - [ KYRENIA WALK 1-2-3 ] *ALL* fully booked - more to follow
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > [ KYRENIA WALK 1-2-3 ] *ALL* fully booked - more to follow

[ KYRENIA WALK 1-2-3 ] *ALL* fully booked - more to follow

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Dear all, I'm really sorry to have to say it again, but the three "Historical Kyrenia Walks" (and originally I planned only one!) are all FULLY BOOKED. And still the reservations are arriving in my mail Inbox. I've limited the amount of participants to 25 per walk - there are now 81 applicants for the third walk alone! I hope you will understand I just can't manage so many people in the narrow streets of medieval Kyrenia.

However I'll keep my promise and I will organise more walks in December and if necessary in January 2010. Every applicant will receive email with my proposal for participation on a date in December or January (weather permitting).

I realise this may not satisfy everybody but I really don't know how to do it different. Regards, Hans Doeleman

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

If you are booked for the first Historical Kyrenia Walk (Sunday, November 1), here's a surprise: a free map of Kyrenia (around the year 1300)! You can download the map, my computer remake of Bill Dreghorn's beautiful art work, here: http://is.gd/4Hnth . The map is password protected, but you'll receive the password tomorrow via email.

Teresa

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hans good luck with the walks i am sure that everyone attending will learn a great deal from your extensive knowledge.

Lilli

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

teresa I just know they will. The man has a wealth of knowledge. Good on you Hans for sharing this xxxx

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hans don't forget you promised me one of the walks next year. Hope you don't get worn out by then.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Bill - message 5 - maybe we could, finally, meet up on one of Hans' walks??? How does next June grab you? Hans - how about arranging one for next June?

Cheers and regards to you both.

Paul and Jean

x

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

RE msg 6, Jeannie: Splendid idea, Jeannie! Let me know when you and Paul (and Bill of course..!) will be here and I'll try to find a date if your stays - hopefully - overlap. I have something very special* in mind and maybe we can make it - for a change - a trip/tour/walk "on invitation only"? Well, we'll work it out! Regards and all of you in this thread: thank you for your kind words! What a relief to read and reply to posts from normal people.

* Found in an old Dutch book (Cornelis de Bruyn, 1683: http://is.gd/4HV8F ) and I wonder if any British man/woman have seen it since De Bruyn. Even Captain (later Lord) H.H. Kitchener omitted it around 1880 on his stunning map of Cyprus..! And no, it's not "the Forgotten Fourth Fortress"...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.