North Cyprus Tourist Board - Passport safety awareness..!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Passport safety awareness..!!

Passport safety awareness..!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

tarry67

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

I have been reading on the site the posting about people getting an agency to do their residency permits. I find it quite shocking that anyone would leave their passport with a complete stranger for several days in these times of terrorism around the world, and especially in any muslim country. I lost my passport here several years ago and it was a nightmare trying to explain where I lost it. If I knew where I lost it I would of found it................!!!!!!!!

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

"especially in any muslim country,..."

??????????????????????????????

Lilli

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Tarry I guess we are just too trusting. However it does make you stop and think. xx

the butler

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

ummmmmmmmmmmm, Tarry67,

Are you saying that it is more dangerous to leave your passport with someone in the TRNC it being a muslim country than say London, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle. I think not, and I know who I would rather trust with it. I find those remarks quite offensive to be honest.

The butlers wife.

tarry67

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

I didnt actually specify the TRNC I was speaking in general, and I was just saying that I find it quite surprising that anyone would give a passport to a stranger regardless really of where in the world you may be, which the thread was really about, but obviously you are of a trusting nature, but I appreciate your views and your opinions.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

tarry67

you said "especially in any muslim country"

Would it be somehow 'safer' to give it to a Christian, or Sikh, or Jew,etc.??

smithy

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I have left my passport with someone while they do the last part of my Residency, why shouldnt I trust them if I was in the UK I would think twice but here no way

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

In most hotels around the world you have to deposit your passports on arrival at reception. Quite often you don't see them again until you check out. Frequently they are left in pigeon holes behind the reception desk easily accessible to anyone with a mind to do mischief. On occasion, I have even been handed a pile of British passports by a receptionist to trawl through... Not very secure.

I think if there was a problem here with the 'fixers' I imagine we would have heard about it before now.

harita

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

tarry67 .. "I lost my passport here several years ago and it was a nightmare trying to explain where I lost it."

It must have been a real nightmare .. In 2003 my wife, I & a friend all "lost" our passports, in a safe taken off the wall in a Spanish villa .. Driving licences, bankers cards & airline tickets .. Allowed to travel home after our fortnights holiday & get through passport control at Manchester with a police report stating our loss ..

Nobody gave a toss in England, just apply for a new one was all we got from the passport office ..

At least when we left our passports with a "fixer to get TRNC driving licences we new where they were ..

Goonerboy

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

@ Tarry 67

Like others I'm confused by your association of leaving your passport with strangers and the religion of the country...

do explain....

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

lose passport go to high commision get another dont see what the problem is

the agency needs the passport for copies and at the end of the day you are paying them for a service

karakum5c

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

At least if you got your passport stolen here when the police catch the person they would probably get 10 years hard labour

In the UK they get community service if they are lucky in the unlikely event they catch them !

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Tarry67

I did understand your posting and not just the one thing these such trusting and loyal trnc patriotic people jumped on. I would never leave my passport with anyone why should I take that risk. These scams you recieve saying you have won millions of dollars, then they ask for you to send passport details in colour as well, would you be this stupid no I dont think so. A passport on the open market is worth a fortune genuine or fake. Not saying it would happen here but a passport in the wrong hands could mean your next door neighbour LETS SAY in the uk, may not be such a nice person. I lost my passport in Spain and was questioned for ages about where I had been and who I had been with. You are right we are in a dangerous world now with terrorism and yes of course in muslim countries as Turkey has a big problem as well as many others alike as we all know. We all hope and pray that these extremists are not in Cyprus, but how do you know for sure, so why take any chances I won't.

mamachina

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

You try losing your passport in China, just on the way to airport to go on holiday!! Had handbag stolen, tickets, passport, money, you name it, it was in there!! You cant get out of China unless you have an entry stamp so show you came in - how do you explain its a new one cos old one stolen, and then when you do get out you cant get back in as no working visa in it!! What a hassle I had.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.