North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pump tripping fuse; help please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pump tripping fuse; help please

Pump tripping fuse; help please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Southcoaster

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

The main fuse has tripped several times and by elimination I have found it happens when the pump for the house water is switched on. It also occurs after the pump has been on for a while. Anyone any ideas please? I wonder if the recent heavy rain is a factor.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Does sound like the pump wiring is wet somewhere. If the pump is left open to the elements then consider getting a tin roof to cover it from the worst of the rain.

elko2

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Its either the pump itself or the connections got wet. Cut off the electricity completely and do not rely on the switch of the pump. Then have a look at the connections and see if any bare wires are too close and wet or any bare wire too close to the metal parts and wet. Remedy it and try again.

ismet

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

ps make sure your pump is raised a few inches off the ground not set in stones or in the soil

common problem is the rain at the moment try a small box cover to go over it but allow some air flow

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Do you mean the MCB for the pump trips or that the main isolator on the fuse box trips? If the former then this is a pump/wiring problem, if the latter it could be an earth/neutral fault which coincidentally "shows up" when the pump comes on. Either way you might be better off getting an experienced electrician to look at your problem.

Southcoaster

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks for all the advice. When I switch the pump on the main fuse trips. I have found water in the compartment where the wiring connection is and dried it out with a hair dryer but still no joy. It is likely water has also found its way into the main body of the pump from that compartment. I will have to get a tradesman to check it. In meantime I have covered it to protect it from further rain.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

try connectin the two cables together from the supply to the pump cable cuttin out the hydrofoil or pressure switch if it works then its the hydro thats the problem if it still trips you will need to replace the pump call me on 05338384636 and i will talk you through it

Southcoaster

Message Posted:
02/11/2009 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Racoonchic, I did not see your message until after I had booked someone to come and sort it out. Thanks for the offer.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.