North Cyprus Tourist Board - Home Buyers Pressure Group website - problem?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Home Buyers Pressure Group website - problem?

Home Buyers Pressure Group website - problem?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Home Buyers Pressure Group (HBPG) Threads posted so far

» Also look at permission popular tag and purchase popular tag

» HBPG Official Website - www.hbpg-trnc.net

Hector

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 50 in Discussion

I see that http://www.hbpg-trnc.net has not been updated since 23rd August 09. I assume that the HBPG are hopefully still going. Really important & respected website. Does anyone know what's happening?

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
31/10/2009 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 50 in Discussion

maybe had enough

lally

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 50 in Discussion

The HBPG is still very much up and running but, unfortunately the company who host the HBPG web site have had some technical problems. Normal service will be resumed within the near future, hopefully.

Hector

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 50 in Discussion

Taking rather a long time to sort out 'some technical problems'.

cooper

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 50 in Discussion

I know but it's very technical stuff !!

http://tachyontv.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/03/tommy_cooper.jpg

malsancak

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 50 in Discussion

I heard that the Property Complaints Office was sorting out their website!

Hector

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 50 in Discussion

Still not up & running. Sure it's only a technical problem?

fire starter

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 50 in Discussion

the problem is with their server host http://www.sunnycyprus.net

petez

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 50 in Discussion

I have been trying to contact the HBPG for months now without success.

If anyone from the HBPG reads this (or anyone who knows Marian) get in touch!

I can host your site for you, it wont cost you a penny, I can help with setting up the site too..

You guys do a great service and the problem can be easily sorted out.

email me pete@lincguide.com

wynyardman

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 50 in Discussion

petez,

I have asked CyprusB to contact you. It would be wrong to give out her E mail address.

wynyardamn

petez

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 50 in Discussion

Thanks Wyn..

Hector

Message Posted:
07/11/2009 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 50 in Discussion

Still out of action.........

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/11/2009 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 50 in Discussion

Hector, try contacting Sunnycyprus, appears they are refusing to allow access to HBPG team.

Sorry I do not know the reason but I do know Marian is not very happy because people like you and I like to know what is happening with regards house etc.

Hector

Message Posted:
07/11/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 50 in Discussion

"Hector, try contacting Sunnycyprus, appears they are refusing to allow access to HBPG team."

Why are they doing that? In any event can't Marian or a member of the team get a new site running? If they need funds I'd be happy to contribute & I'm sure a lot of others would too.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 02:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 50 in Discussion

"Hector, try contacting Sunnycyprus, appears they are refusing to allow access to HBPG team."

Sunnycyprus.net are certainly not blocking access to the site, why would we do something like that to a site we've supported from day one? Having seen this posting I even made sure Marian had the correct log in details for the site. Please, check your facts before posting.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 50 in Discussion

That is good news then. So you can assure us all on this forum that Marian will be posting on HBPG forum in the next couple of days????

malsancak

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 50 in Discussion

Msg 16, "That is good news then. So you can assure us all on this forum that Marian will be posting on HBPG forum in the next couple of days???? "

I think that's down to Marian.

ColinCB

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 50 in Discussion

I have been in Cyprus for the last couple of months and only heard of HBPG a couple of weeks ago. I had no trouble in contacting and meeting Marian (via the details given on the hbpg websitviae.) I had quite a few queries and questions and had helpful answer's promptly, many thanks Marian for your time and help, it was a pleasure meeting you and I'm sure we will meet again. Keep up the good work !!!

Colin

Hector

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 50 in Discussion

Real shame that HBPG website still not being updated.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 50 in Discussion

It is a shame about the HBPG website not being updated as Hector pointed out but in the grand scheme of things its not that important and I wouldnt get my knickers in a twist over it (I dont actually wear any by the way so dont get any funny ideas ha ha). Lets not dwell on such trivial matters and concentrate on the more positive aspects of purchasing a lovely property in beautiful sunny North Cyprus!

What this website needs is less doom, gloom and negativety and more positive constructive comment.

I think you could do a lot worse than to buy a stunning property in North Cyprus for a fraction of the cost of other overseas markets.

Much Love to the TRNC and every living creature within

NB xx

taraspring

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 03:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 50 in Discussion

Now, now, Malsanack that is not very nice is it?

Just because you had a falling out with Marion/HBPG does not mean you can air your grievances out on here.

But it doesnt appear many are taking notice of you in any event!

EXCEPT ME THAT IS.

Power to HBPG.

They are the "main" people in TRNC to sort your problems out! Do not confuse them with imposters.

Believe me it was in the "crystal balls" yesterday."

Hope they get their website up and running soon. xxxxx

T

ricky

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 50 in Discussion

I asked Marian information, several times, never had any answer. She mades money for campaigning for a politician during last elections. NOT RELIABLE!!

Hector

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 50 in Discussion

NB

It might not be 'that important' to you but for those seeking help & information it is. It is through the website that people find out what the problems are, that perhaps they are not alone and how to see someone face to face if they are in the TRNC.

"Lets not dwell on such trivial matters and concentrate on the more positive aspects of purchasing a lovely property in beautiful sunny North Cyprus!" Such as? The all too many people needing the advice and assistance of HBPG may not agree.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 50 in Discussion

Dear Hector

I take your point on board but I can only speak from personal experience and from the experiences of people that I know. All of our experiences of buying homes in the TRNC are very positive. I think it all depends on who you deal with. Maybe its because I had a bad experience buying property in Spain many years ago that I now exercise more diligence when choosing which company I go to. Thankfully I found an honest, trustworthy North Cyprus company who have restored my faith in buying property abroad. I have gone on to recommend them to all my friends, some of whom have also bought through them and are very happy.

As for as myself and the friends that I speak for, we all love North Cyprus and are so grateful to have discovered this paradise to spend the rest of our days in.

I would strongly advise any one thinking about buying in North Cyprus to do so and not to be put off by a few negative experiences some people have had which could happen in any country.

fire starter

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 50 in Discussion

I asked Marian information, several times, never had any answer. She mades money for campaigning for a politician during last elections. NOT RELIABLE!!.

Posting edited: fowl language, AJ

It has cost her a forune to help others.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 50 in Discussion

Ricky you are incorrect about raising money for a politician. Please remember that Marian is just one person, who spends the majority of her time - unpaid and as a volunteer - helping countless people. She is very busy, there are hundreds of people and sites with problems. Unfortunately 3 other volunteers with the HBPG have not been volunteering lately because of health problems, leaving Marian more shorthanded than usual. Maybe you could volunteer to help out?

lally

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 50 in Discussion

Well said fire starter, all her time and effort is given free of charge and without any other motive other than to help others. So I suggest ricky you check your facts before you post!

cooper

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 50 in Discussion

Dont mince your words FS tell it like it is !!!!!!!!!!

http://tachyontv.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/03/tommy_cooper.jpg

Hector

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 50 in Discussion

"I would strongly advise any one thinking about buying in North Cyprus to do so and not to be put off by a few negative experiences some people have had which could happen in any country."

A few negative experiences? Are you for real? I'm beginning to think not. 'Strongly advise'? If you are for real then your advice is dangerous and irresponsible.

Are builders/propertydevelopers/estate agents that desperate?

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 50 in Discussion

Oh calm down Hector. Whats eating you? I wish i was involved in the property industry in TRNC but unfortunately im a bit too old for all that now!

I love it here and so do my friends and I cant see what is dangerous and irresponsible about settling in Kibris and recommending it to others.

Some people just dont like seeing others happy. Your obviously bitter about something but theres no need to inflict that bittterness on others.

I only came on here to try and meet some likeminded people now that my wife is no longer with me and my friends told me there where some friendly people on here.

You have really upset me now.

If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all please!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 50 in Discussion

NB I totally agree nothing wrong in promoting our adopted country. The people here are great whether they are ex-pats of native to here.

Glad you are enjoying life and living it to the full.

Hector

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 50 in Discussion

NB

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd really love to sit wearing rose coloured glasses with a cold efes and wax lyrical about how much I love it in NC and how the locals are so friendly, builders/estate agents/lawyers etc. so helpful, lovely lovely lovely and can't do enough for you. Tell you what, go and do exactly that, any Tuesday 12 noon at the Pia Bella hotel with those waiting to speak to Marian Stokes and her HBPG helpers.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 50 in Discussion

Listen Hector. Why would I want to waste some of what little precious time I have left on this planet by sitting in some hotel listening to people like yourself trying to bring me down when I can be out enjoying this great country.

I promised my wife before she passed away that I would live the rest of my life to the full and try and find happiness and that is exactly what I am doing right here, right now in North Cyprus.

Why cant you just accept that people are happy here? I have come across people like you all my life. always trying to ruin everyone elses fun. I bet you used to keep the kids footballs when they came over your garden fence!!

I am a happy old chappy and theres nothing you can ever say to change the way I feel about North Cyprus. I think you should go spread your negative bitterness on someone else because its wasted on me!

Nighty night everyone

NB x

taraspring

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 50 in Discussion

"I love it here and so do my friends and I cant see what is dangerous and irresponsible about settling in Kibris and recommending it to others."

I love your outlook on life. It is so refreshing given your circumstances, and I really hope everything works out for you, but, and here is the BUT, not everyone is in that situation. There are people in TRNC who have regretted their decision to buy, have not been as fortunate as yourself, who live without water or electric, who need the HBPG, and even if we don't need help........ we have support others that do,

"for the grace of god go I".

Never forget that sentiment.

HBPG rule OK.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 50 in Discussion

Since life i TRNC is so blissful for you, NoveltyBubble, and presuming you are not needing advice from HBPG, as others desperately seek answers because they've been so blatantly cheated, I fail to see why this thread even concerns you.

In future, why don't you stick to making your nonsensical, adverse comments to someone on the 'happy-clappy' threads!

Hector's advice is thoroughly sound and any potential buyer would be a complete idiot to ignore it.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 50 in Discussion

Hector,

Me thinks Mr Bubble is out to cause trouble. He either has no clue about the difficulties that a large number of people have or has a warped sense of humour. People like him are worse, in my opinion, than my freinds ericseans and 6 m's. At least they know what they are talking about.

As for Miss Thomas, msg 15, and Sunnycyprus, I challenge her or someone from her family to contact by telephone Marian asap in order to get the web site up and running. Yes we know you provide the service "for free" but you companies name is on the web site, an adverisment I think.

Many of us on this forum talk to Marian on Tuesdays at the Pia Bella so we will ask her if you have done so.

Obviously, if not, I and others will persisit in the negative comments about SUNNYCYPRUS and their inability to provide an important service, one for which the company should be taking pride in not just fobbing people off.

malsancak

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 50 in Discussion

Buying property in north Cyprus at the moment is like smoking cigarettes, only some people get lung cancer as a result. The difference is that packets of cigarettes have health warnings on them. Perhaps estate agents should put "wealth warnings" on their property details?

msg 21, "Now, now, Malsanack that is not very nice is it? Just because you had a falling out with Marion/HBPG does not mean you can air your grievances out on here."

What are you talking about? What grievances do I have, I believe that she was too soft on the government in 2005/6 and that there are people who have bought properties since then who should have been told the hard truth on the website at the time. I actually believe she is doing an excellent job apart from that.

Mal

AllyTT

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 50 in Discussion

Cyprusishome,

Read message 15. I didn't need to be challenged to anything, I already had someone call Marian. Just to be certain that there wasn't a problem, I logged in to the site myself with the log-in information given to Marian. The website is up and running. I won't post any more on this matter. Marian knows how to contact me.

Alison.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 50 in Discussion

Re Msg 35

'I fail to see why this thread even concerns you. In future, why don't you stick to making your nonsensical, adverse comments to someone on the 'happy-clappy' threads!'

Tenakoutou, I do hope I havent offended you or anyone else for that matter. I am new to this website and I was just trying to share my love for the TRNC with others. I AM a very happy person so I suppose your right, I should not be on this unhappy thread.

I know when im not wanted :(

malsancak

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 50 in Discussion

msg 38, AllyTT wrote, "I logged in to the site myself with the log-in information given to Marian. The website is up and running"

So you're saying that it is simply that nothing has been added to the HBPG website since 23rd August 09 then. Problem solved?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 50 in Discussion

It is a shame that Miss Thomas is not like DR David who is probably her brother.

A really nice man who helped anybody with advice etc. he went out of his way to help people with medical issues regarding moving to TRNC, including myself.

So Allison, get some PR training and you will gain loads of Brownie points. With your current attitude all you will get is bad publicity for your company.

If you were a man I would ask if you had balls enough to call Marian yourself to ascertain what her problems are and not send a minion.

Given the history, yes a lot of us do remember, between Malcolm and Marian it is typical of his comments on this forum. Maybe he is working with SUNNYCYPRUS to get his own back on HBPG. For those who do not know, he took his ball home because Marian and the rest of the team refused to follow his approach to solving the issues. Was he correct? I do not really know but his attitude links to that of Miss Thomas!!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 50 in Discussion

NoveltyBubble/Msg 39:

As much as I have the utmost sympathy for you at the sad loss of your wife, and I have no idea how difficult life must be for you as a widower at your age, please try and realise that far too many innocent, and not necessarily naive people, have been blatantly cheated, some of their whole life savings; others have become extremely ill and depressed, and some have actually died from the causative effects of the stress.

My uncle was one of them - he was your age - 74.

You may, or may not, know that there is no means of fair and equitable legal compensation, or redress, within the current Cyprus legal system, except perhaps in a negligible number of cases.

I, as I am sure others do, wish you a long and happy life in TRNC - but, please, in future spare a thought for others before posting so thoughtlessly on a public forum, unless you are sure of your facts. I can't ask you fairer than that.

malsancak

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 50 in Discussion

msg 41, David Waters let's us into his conspiracy theory, "Given the history, yes a lot of us do remember, between Malcolm and Marian it is typical of his comments on this forum. Maybe he is working with SUNNYCYPRUS to get his own back on HBPG."

I assume you are accusing SunnyCyprus of interfering with the HBPG website and accusing me of being involved in this too. You are quite nasty aren't you, spreading your malicious rumours. I assume you are also calling Alison Thomas a liar when she says the website is not being blocked by SunnyCyprus. I do expect an apology unless you are sticking to your smear.

David goes on to say, "for those who do not know, he took his ball home because Marian and the rest of the team refused to follow his approach to solving the issues. Was he correct? I do not really know but his attitude links to that of Miss Thomas!!"

Where on earth do you get this version of the facts. I don't remember you being there?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/11/2009 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 50 in Discussion

Malcolm, your story was very public. One did not have to be "there" just had to read the forums at the time.

What a sad person you appeared to those of us that were not here at the time.

Now you have the free press. Oh dear. Free in the sense you print what ever garbage you are free to publish.

Hector

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 50 in Discussion

Meanwhile, does anyone really know why the HBPG website is not being updated? Has Marian finally thrown her teddy in the corner or thrown the towel in (I wouldn't blame her frankly) over something we are not aware of?

malsancak

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 50 in Discussion

msg 44, David Waters writes: "Malcolm, your story was very public. One did not have to be "there" just had to read the forums at the time. "

On the forums, well it must be true then. Were they your posts? Were they the same quality as the "facts" you are posting here, for example "try contacting Sunnycyprus, appears they are refusing to allow access to HBPG team. "

This is where you accuse Sunnycyprus of blocking the HBPG website. Then you accuse me of interfering with the website!!

I'd love to publish an article in NCFP in your name where you tell the world about your "facts" concerning Sunny Cyprus. I believe if you are right then many HBPG sympathisers will cancel there contracts with Sunny Cyprus. Mind you, if you are wrong, they'll probably sue you for their business losses. Or hadn't you thought about that potential implication of your rumour-mongering.

I had a quick look at your profile and I believe I've found the reason for your problem - "occupation - nothing"

Empty hand

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 50 in Discussion

Isnt it wonderful to be retired!!!!!!!!

Hector

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 50 in Discussion

Anyone know? Msg 45, an answer would be good.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 50 in Discussion

Please see message 26. Marian is short of volunteers and spends the majority of her time helping hundreds of people. If she could update the website she would.

malsancak

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 50 in Discussion

as I pointed out in msg 17, updating the website is down to Marian

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.