North Cyprus Tourist Board - property in guzelyurt
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > property in guzelyurt

property in guzelyurt

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Aphrodite Beachfront Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

gazza

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 31 in Discussion

hi gazza here does anyone have any info about the development called aphrodite in guzelyurt .or does anybody know somebody who has also brought at this development evergreen are the developers look forward to any replies

malteser

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 31 in Discussion

check out another thread on this forum - evergreen crytsal bay!

suntanman

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 07:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 31 in Discussion

also check out http://www.northcyprusforum.com

someone else was asking the same question on 07 March

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 31 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

I am increasingly conscious of the fact that alot of the info I have heard may not be factually correct. I may also be very good at selective hearing.

I did hear that the area of guzelyurt was going to be given back to the Greek Cypriots as part of the Anan plan. This is what the TC's said yes to. Please don't take my word for this but check it out

McSteviet

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 31 in Discussion

Hi,

I have just looked at the Annan Plan and it is shown on the new maps that Guzelyurt is in the new Greek Cypriot Sector, although from the edge of the town to the coast, is still in the Turkish Cypriot Sector, so I guess it depends on where exactly the propert is located.

Regards

MC

lemony

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 31 in Discussion

hi

the Aphrodite site is on Turkish title so is safe from any Greek claim (as is the whole village of Gaziveren). if the annan plan goes through (unlikely) this site and any other Turkish title lands will not be given to Greeks though the area would be under Greek administration meaning that infrastructure and amenities will improve quicker and values will rise faster.

the TC government last year announced a master plan for this area as it is obvious to them that no agreement is likely and there is already money being invested in the area (new university, new dual carriageway to Nicosia etc) which they wouldnt wate if they thought it was going to be handed over!

it was announced by the government that this area is going to be the showcase development area of N. Cyprus and they have offered 1000's of donums to be give free of charge, tax breaks etc for tourism projects such as hotels, golf courses etc along the Guzelyurt bay area.

the area is very green as it receives the majority of all water available in N. Cyprus, the Troodos mountains are nearby and there are some great historical places to visit. the restaurants in nearby Gemikonagi are renowned across the island (both north and south).

the nice thing about this site is that is frontline to the beach and Turkish title which is an exceptionally rare combination. the payment plan is also very good.

Gazza

yes i am an estate agent and am happy to take you to see the site (the show apartments will be ready in the next couple of weeks). i can also ask an existing buyer if he is happy for you to contact him for some unbiased advice if you like... let me know if you want me to call the chap for you or if you want to talk to me.

regards

lemony

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 31 in Discussion

Well sold lemony

I wish, when I was originally introduced to the Aphrodite properties that my estate agent would have pointed out the facts you have

gazza

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 31 in Discussion

well !! ilovecyprus, would you have brought a property in guzelyurt if the information given by lemony had been available at the time you were looking, or have you brought elsewhere.

gazza

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 31 in Discussion

hi lemony, thanks for your reply i try to look on the positive side there seems to be so many differrent opinions on the events in ntrc i have brought through north cyprus international we have not been over yet but hope to later on this year your comments are most encouraging i will be checking out yours and ilove cyprus comments with my lawyer thanks for your responses look forward to you replys(we think it looks a smashing site maybe away from it all at the moment but im sure in the near future wiil be a lovely spot

cheers

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
17/05/2007 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 31 in Discussion

I would have given it much more serious consideration gazza

lemony

Message Posted:
17/05/2007 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 31 in Discussion

No problem Gazza

glad i could be of assistance.

enjoy

gazza

Message Posted:
18/05/2007 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 31 in Discussion

it looks like 70% of us have gone for a property in guzelyurt at the moment, so at least we are not alone, it seems to me that anywhere you buy in nc, there seems to be varied opinions.anyway thank you for your comments they are most valued, we think the more information we receive from people like yourselves and lemony the better .we all hope it will turn out for the best !!

gazza

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 31 in Discussion

hi lemony did you sell the property to the person in your reply, i would like to speak to him or her are they on this forum. And could you reccomend a place to stay if we come out later this year, which estate agents do you work for is it in england or nc!! i forgot to ask you that ? we are really looking forwara to seeing the site it looks very good from the pictures on evergreens web site.

cheers gazza

california

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 31 in Discussion

Is this a remote area of TRNC? Is it near where the CMC polution disater is located? We are looking for a place that is remote and love that part of the island but are worried about the effects from the CMC debris. Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

gazza

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 31 in Discussion

hi this is the first time i have heard about this disaster, these apartments are in a less devolped area than the rest of nc at the moment, they are to the west of kyreina about 30 minutes away near morphu bay and about 5 minutes from guzelyurt town

gazza

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 31 in Discussion

hi califoirnia not sure if first message went through this is the first time i have heard about the disaster? these properties are in a less developed area than the rest of nc at the moment, they are west of kyrenia about 30 mins.

guzelyurt town is approx 5 mins it is near morphu bay

gazza

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 31 in Discussion

hi lemony again not sure if reply went through last time.

did you sell this property to the person in your reply,i would like to speak to him or her are they on this forum. also could you recommend a place to stay if we came out later this year do you work for an estate agent in england or nc(i forgot to ask you) we are really looking forward to seeing the site it looks good from the pictures on evergreens web site.

lemony

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 31 in Discussion

hi Gazza

im on my holidays but couldnt resist looking!

yes i sold

i live in trnc

if its ok ill get back to you in a couple of weeks as i dont have any details with me.

speak to you on my return, im off for a beer!

ciao

gazza

Message Posted:
23/05/2007 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 31 in Discussion

have a nice holiday, have a have a beer for me 2 cheers!

gazza

Message Posted:
15/06/2007 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 31 in Discussion

hi lemony are you back of holiday yet hope you had a great time,do you know how the aphrodite site is progressing, and any news about the sales of these properties i have recieved no other replys from people buying at this site ?apart from the people you know looks like theres just the two of us.

michaelbev66

Message Posted:
23/06/2007 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

I am one of the 70% that have bought here. Lemony's comments have been printed and placed in a frame on the mantle piece. Very comforting! Having said that, property prices could fall if the neighbourhood becomes a haven for undesirables!! By the sound of it (Gazza) we could end up next door to Geordies! Seriously, where can I read the latest with regard to the Annan plan and Guzelyurt?

gazza

Message Posted:
24/06/2007 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 31 in Discussion

hi michaelbev66

glad at last somebody has responded to my opening post, same as u lemonys comments cheered us up big time, as for the annan plan not sure what the latest news is.as for guzelyurt it seems a lovely area very quiet at the moment but will grow in the near future(not to much we hope) we have brought apartment 12ap with some friends of ours are you near?if you type in guzelyurt north cyprus some local information is available! oh my real name is garry (not a geordie but know a few, i live in poole dorset a few miles from there!hope we have both made the right choice ?i am sure we have

gazza

Message Posted:
24/06/2007 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 31 in Discussion

i forgot along with the other 68%

michaelbev66

Message Posted:
01/07/2007 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 31 in Discussion

Hi Garry,

Block 19. Quite liked the look of the view down the boulevard. No doubt we will meet in time! If I find any info on the Annan Plan etc, with regard to Guzelyurt I shall post if here. Cheers, Michael

KeenBuyer

Message Posted:
03/07/2007 02:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 31 in Discussion

Hi Lemony, gazza, michaelbev66. I have also looked at Aphrodite site and will take a look at the area whilst out in NC in a few weeks time. First and foremost I am looking at the different areas as all of them, such as bafra, Esenteppe, Kyrenia etc seem to have their good and bad points. So much choice and only 2 weeks to get around them all. Best point about guzelyurt area is it is also close to Troodos mountains so will be good for winter sports as well as the summer. Also Pre74 deeds, so safer?? If anything can be safe.

gazza

Message Posted:
03/07/2007 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 31 in Discussion

hi keenbuyer

the number of people buying here looks to be growing,it took me a while to get a response, i think because of being in a quiet area, not so well known as the other resorts but with the pre 74 title deeds (hopefully) it will be a good place to be .anyway good look with your trip wherever you decide to buy look forward to your comments at about the trnc.(hope to go out ourselves later this year)

cheers gazza

gazza

Message Posted:
07/09/2007 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 31 in Discussion

aphrodite guzelyurt

hi everyone, has anybody been to see this site yet all the talk seems to be about the east side of nc. myself and bigd hope to go to nc in the near future to look at our property. if marymo has been to visit what did you think of the area and the quality of build.apparently out of the 120 apartments only 20 remain unsold so the builders evergreen devolpments must be doing something right. does anybody else have a property built by evergreen if so are they pleased with the build.

cheers gazza

norths4me

Message Posted:
07/09/2007 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 31 in Discussion

Hi All

I was very very tempted by the property there but in the end decided not to. I have seen the property progress and it looks very good and as it is Evergreen I cant imagine the build quality been anything but perfect. The only factor that put me of was the talk that Guzelyart may go back to Greek ownership as part of a settelment

gazza

Message Posted:
08/09/2007 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

hi norths4m

thanks for your reply we have been told that the land and even the town of guzelyurt is turkish title so we hope all is well .glad you think it looks good because cannot seem to get any replys from people who have brought and actually been to visit the site. also did you read lemonys reply earlier on this tpoic.good luck where ever you may decide to buy.

gazza

tarry123

Message Posted:
08/09/2007 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 31 in Discussion

Hi

It is true that the old CMC site has polluted the land and that more cases of cancer have been reported in this area than anywhere else in the North. It may be that this Aphrodite site is away from the area. You can see the pollution when you drive from Guzelyurt to Soli ruins. Also please check that as Europeans you are still allowed to purchase Turkish title(agent won't tell you this or even know about it) because in the past these titles have been refused by the Ministry of Interior after you have paid and waited 2 years for you permissions, which is quite heart breaking and believe me I am speaking from experience as my parents had this problem in Catalkoy a few years back. I really hope that you dont have any problems and you get to enjoy your place in the sun.

gazza

Message Posted:
09/09/2007 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 31 in Discussion

hi tarry123

thanks for your reply this site is in mourpou bay as for the land being polluted i have no idea. if so surely the builders would have known about it and not been allowed to build unless they decontaminated the area first. the site as we were told is pre74 land.hope your parents managed to sort out there problems and we are looking forward to coming out to nc.

cheers gazza

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.