North Cyprus Tourist Board - Port Cyprium Marina & Korineum Golf Course
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Port Cyprium Marina & Korineum Golf Course

Port Cyprium Marina & Korineum Golf Course

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Golf Holiday in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

» Read about Port Cyprium Marina

» See all marina related threads in North Cyprus

» Read Port Cyprium Village property review

Seagull

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

a number of observations & questions:

MARINA

i noticed thst there is an oficial website now which is a positive step - has anyone any concrete details in relation to when it will be completed?

GOLF COURSE

when i was last there: firstly it looked beautiful, but, secondly deserted in terms of paying customers - i really applaud the the golf course investors for such a bold investment, but surely it will loose money for some time until the Esentepe & Bacheli area become more established - does anyone know if the oweners have got stong enough wills & deep enough pockets to ride this period though?

lemony

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

for info on the marina contact info@thelittlevillacompany.com

the golf course has only just opened and this summer and next there will be a lot of units in the area completing so i expect the course to get busier soon. as for the owners situation i have to believe that he has factored in the slow start as he invested a lotta cash, though if it goes to pot it will make a fabulous picnic area!!!!!

millzer

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

I can understand why the prices have been set as they are for memberships, green fees etc, as it's top quality and they have to try and recoup their investment, but I just don't see people joining in sufficient numbers as yet, and surely lowering the prices would encourage more to join.

More people paying less would get more revenue in, including the spin offs that would come from more people, like extra pro shop sales, bar, restaurant income etc. Not only that, but most people are just not going to pay £70.00 green fees, in high season at weekends etc. Yes, sure, some people will pay it, but not in sufficient numbers imo!!

When we are next over I hope to play it once just to see what it's like, but I don't think it would be very often because of the cost, whereas a lower green fee I would consider playing two or three times each time we come over.

Lower membership fees would also presumably create difficulties as those that have joined and paid the higher prices would not be happy!! I guess time will tell, as only the owners know whether it's on track to make a profit or not.

Six of us went for dinner there one evening in mid April, and we were the ONLY ones there all night. All those staff in those surroundings just for us, we felt like royalty. A crying shame really, but lets hope it picks up and really takes off with more properties completing in the area. The meal was fantastic and the service great, yes, pricier than the average place, but the surroundings and service are considerably higher than average so worth every penny. I wish them good luck.

bonnie

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

whilst on holiday a week ago both my husband and grandson played a round o gold at the new club - very impressive and yes they enjoyed it although fair to say it was expensive as neither had taken any clubs with them so what with hire of clubs, green fees and hire of a buggy - it was approx £189 for the two! an expensive day but as they both related to me - a very enjoyable day.

davidoff

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just got back from North cyprus as I went to inspoect my property out there !

The golf course is fantastic!

They have built this golf course and spent millions in investment on it!

Driving around the area with the ammount of development and investment going into the esentaepe/bacheli and tatlisu areas they know that they will have to wait some while before the numbers pick up!

Most of the residential developments around the area are still being built and there are lots more in the pipework that havent started building yet!

People are building around these areas mainly due to the attraction of the golf course and they know this!

The recent news is that are now building a hotel complex aswell onsite and construction is too start soon!

It will get busier with time and like I said alot of properties will be ready and operational within the next 2-5 years!

It does seem expensive at the moment especially if you have to rent clubs, buggies etc!

But I know that the minimum cost you pay when you go to the caribbean to play on a golf course is £150-200 per person aswell- but people still pay it as there on holiday!

After seeing the golf course it is very prestigious and worth charging a premium for!

Also as at the moment it is the only municipal course in NC and they know there is a demand for this on the island they can get away with charging what they like at the minute as theres no competition etc!

LIKE THEY SAY- IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!

See ya D

davidoff

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi again.

Also sorry I forgot to mention that the port cyprium marina construction was suppose to have already started late 2006-early 2007 but I heard that there has been a delay in the planning/construction start so they will start soon!

See ya D

eager

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

just returned from nc. have heard that the golf course is already up for sale. far too expensive, the only members are those whos membership [12 months] was included in price of villa. marina? like everything in nc dont hold your breath. as the locals would say..marina?..which ones that.

Bowman

Message Posted:
28/05/2007 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Eager,

I am sorry but you have been given incorrect information. I am one of the @160 fully paid up members. The course is not up for sale, I know the owners and the Pro personally. With regards to memberships being given with villas, this is also rubbish. The golf club do not have villas for sale and if any developer was offering memberships as an incentive to buy, then the club would have them pay for the membership in full! It seems that yet again, the N Cyprus jungle drums are beating once more. Or probably more to the point, the £1 pint brigade are again mouthing off without an ounce of knowledge on the subject they are talking about.

eager

Message Posted:
03/06/2007 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

not so sir, i have been offered property which includes 1 years membership to the golf club. the club would not have to pay, as the housebuilder would happily include this if it meant a sale. as for the club being up for sale, well that comes from a resident of 8 years who believes his information to be true.

i think that people who have bought property in nc are hoping that maybe one day there will be some infasructure there and that their properties may still have some value.

coffer

Message Posted:
03/06/2007 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

I suppose if you run an unmoderated site you get comments like msg 7&9. I bought a family membership last year (nothing to do with my villa purchase) and I resent people who live in the UK or elsewhere pontificating about something they know nothing about. "I heard it from someone who believes it to be true", do me a favour! Korineum is a fantastic golf complex, as any member will tell you that’s why we joined. Expensive, well I pay £1000 per year for 100 rounds, which works out at £10 per round. If you think that is expensive then don't play golf it’s not for you.

BTW - Korineum also has a great fitness centre, spa, fantastic restaurants and is a match for anything on the island. Any idea how much it costs to play Aphrodite Hills in the south? Well I'll tell you, I played there a while ago and it was £80 plus buggy etc.

Why don't you comment on UK weather or something you’re a bit closer to?

markkp

Message Posted:
03/06/2007 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Coffer

do you have to be a member of the Golf club to use the Fitness centre and spa. or can us Non Golfers get membership for those facilites only.

Mark

coffer

Message Posted:
03/06/2007 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Markkp, You can join the health club separately. I believe its £365 per year or £6 per day. The treatments are extra you’ll have to contact the GC to confirm pricing.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.