North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sunny Cyprus.net Anyone else having problems?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sunny Cyprus.net Anyone else having problems?

Sunny Cyprus.net Anyone else having problems?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

natalie

Message Posted:
03/11/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Is it just me, or are other members having major connection problems with S.C.? Have been with them for almost 5 years and I know all providers have down timeproblems, but just recently SC has been just dreadful. Have another 7 months to go , paid as usual in advance as have never had any real problems with them.

RoxyBob

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Natalie,

I have been with Sunny Cyprus for 5 years also and I have had the same problems. Slow connection or no connection at all. Complained nearly every day but the problem of the slow connection always came back. My neighbour is also having the same problem. I got so frustrated that I have now changed my Service Provider to Nethouse Networks. Had the connection for about 1 month and it is really good, can even watch tv online.

They only charge 50tl for connection and about £35 per month for 1024kbps.

Hope this helps.

Bob

parkview

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Bob

We are with Sunny Cyprus and have been having increasingly poor service over last 18 months - time for change and your info re Nethouse useful - seems they provide better service at lower cost - will give them a try

Thanks

parkview

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Sorry Bob

Forgot to ask is that price for wireless?

Thanks

RoxyBob

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Yes that's for wireless internet at 1024kbps

Bob

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi I'm with SC and have also been with them for a few years. Until recently I had no problems at all but lately connection has been awful (to the point that I can't even ping them, I send 4 packages and get 2 back so its losing 50%) I've tried using their speedtest.net and I get fantastic results, not. I'm getting 27 download and sends back errors when trying to do an upload test. I've upgraded to 1mb but it hasn't made any difference. I have an indpendent internet radio which spends most of its time telling me there is "no network connection". Streaming with a television box is a waste of time as I can't even get enough power to log in and connect to it.

I too feel its time to move providers.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Haypem, the electrical shop opposite Green Garage between Alsancak and Lapta do a good deal on wireless internet. A friend switched to them a couple of months ago and is happy with consistent speeds. 70TL a month for 1MB or 60TL a month if you pay 6 months up front. No installation charge I don't think.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.