North Cyprus Tourist Board - Larnaca-Nicosia-Kyrenia by bus practical info
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Larnaca-Nicosia-Kyrenia by bus practical info

Larnaca-Nicosia-Kyrenia by bus practical info

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

davidrt

Message Posted:
10/05/2008 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I hope to arrive Larnaca airport 5pm plus passport control etc on Tuesday. Originally planned hire car in south , but cancellled because of insurance problems. Would it be feasable to get bus to Nicosia then walk or taxi to cross border then another bus to Kyrenia. I was hoping to do this after arriving same day. However looking at various sites it would appear the buses shut down in the evening ?. -I have aleasdy booked hotel in the north.

I'm thinking if this is not practical because of arriving late then perhaps get cheap b&b either in Larnaca or if possible cheap accomodation in Nicosia the Tues evening. Then travel as above the next day.

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Aussie

Message Posted:
10/05/2008 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

To the best of my knowlege the last dolmus from North Nicosia to Kyrenia leaves about 6.30 pm which is probably to early for you to make it there.

There is a lot of cheap reasonable accomodation in Larnaca try sites such as octopus travel last minute etc etc for deals. It would probably however be cheaper to just get picked up by a private or unofficial taxi service service. I have struggled to find cheap reasonable accomodation in North Nicosia as most of the private hotels are of very poor standard.

Having done it both ways by bus and pickup I found its a lot less hassel and quicker.

There are a lot arround and I'v used a couple which cost between 35-40 Sterling'. Depending where you have to go in Kyrenia I can give you some names or I am sure many others on this site can as well.

Aussie

davidrt

Message Posted:
12/05/2008 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Thanks for the info. Have booked a taxi. Comming back I have more time

so I may look at buses etc.

David

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.