North Cyprus Tourist Board - Community Cat Feeding Areas - new initative
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Community Cat Feeding Areas - new initative

Community Cat Feeding Areas - new initative

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

the2ofus

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Do you regularly feed the stray cats in your area ? Would you like to regularly feed the stray cats in your area but do not have the funds ? If so you may be interested in a new initative being set up by KAR.

They are looking for people who already run existing sites, as well as potential new sites within the Girne area, whereby local strays are fed in a specific designated area and KAR will help towards the cost of the food.

For further info/details please contact the KAR office on 0533 869 4098 or contact Karin on 0533 869 4096 during office hours.

Pogle

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

This is a lovely idea but I hope the evil people who poison pets don't see this as a way to exterminate en-masse.

smithy

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I dont feed the stray cats, we have plenty of them around here, but try not to encourage them to stay

Sorry if this offends but cats is a big no no for me

Vidal

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

They have the cat community areas in Rome. One is in a ruin and maybe 20 feet deep. (yeah OK no quips about filling it in) To see all the cats sitting around on rocks and benches is quite amazing. The local restaurants take the leftovers here and the cats realise thats where the food is and stop bugging folk out to enjoy a meal.

Seems to work there..but thats Rome.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

A brilliant idea as long as they can take the cats away from the restaurant and shopping areas. Nothing worse than having a meal in the harbour and some manky moggie brushing against your legs. I don't like cats very much especially if they are strays.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

The other good thing about cat feeding stations is that all of the strays are concentrated in one area making it easier for KAR to collect cats that require neutering. There are already several hotels that run feeding stations and they work well.

everon

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

yes Pia Bella do it

the2ofus

Message Posted:
05/11/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Its nice to hear positive responses to an idea .

Smithy (message 2) - you are no doubt not alone and no offence at all will be taken. At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their views/opinions/feelings - as you say you do not encourage stray cats - there is nothing wrong with that and i think KAR would agree (obviously as long as no cruelty is involved - i am not referring to you at all but just as a general post script)

What they are trying to do is tackle another difficult stray problem that KAR cannot deal with alone. They are aware that there are people within the local communities that would help if they could but neither they, nor KAR can afford to fund the problem alone - it is not always purely a financial "affordability problem" - it can be man power/organisational etc. Hopefully some local people will be able/want to work in conjunction with KAR to try and help an increasing problem. Lets hope they get some calls of interest.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.