North Cyprus Tourist Board - exit and re-entry via Larnaca
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > exit and re-entry via Larnaca

exit and re-entry via Larnaca

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

walterma

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I live in the TRNC and have a clean passport (no stamps for TRNC or Turkey). Can I fly out and back in via Larnaca on a roundtrip ticket? Or will I have a problem explaining how I got in, for the flight out? Or trouble coming back in for some reason? If I get a RoC stamp on re-entry, could that cause problems for me later in the TRNC or Turkey? I am so confused...thanks!

colly

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

No expert but what visa do you have for TRNC? I believe you will need something on exit whereever you depart from. Ercan or Larnaca.

C

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

I have stamps in my passport from Greece, Larnaca and Ercan but don't have any problems entering Turkey twice a year. Was you passport not stamped when you entered TRNC?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I presume that any TRNC entrance / exit stamps are on your white Visa form...

In any event, I understand that the South side have authorities have agreed to ignore any such stamps in passports.

If you are an EU passport holder, they will also take no action on the fact that you entered Cyprus via what they term 'an illegal port of entry' - I believe this to be a purely pragmatic gesture, as it saves them falling out with EU citizens, and hence their Governments...

TRNC / Turkey don't care WHERE you've been, so there's no problem there.

So - off you go!

Have a safe flight.

Keith.

Ozbey

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

walterma,

My passport has loads of stamps forTRNC and Turkey and I consider that clean.What do you mean?

TinLondon

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Quite frankly based on the amount of illegal immigrants in the TRNC, I don't think any border control in TRNC know what they're doing so I think it doesn't matter what stamps you have in your passport. I entered and exited the TRNC via Larnaca, at the north south border crossing I was told that my passport was fine because I have an American work visa in my passport (however, the guard missed the fact that it expired 2 years ago). My mum who also travels via Larnaca has no problems crossing and in to the north even though she has a TRNC stamp in it from 2001. If your entry was recorded correctly when entering TRNC via Ercan then you shouldn't have a problem exiting from one of the border check points.

walterma

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks all. I have a US passport, and the TRNC stamp is on a separate paper (currently no stamps in the passport itself at all, that's what I meant by clean -- I just renewed it). I heard that although I can cross the border to the South, I still might not be allowed to fly out from Larnaca. And that it might also be a problem to re-enter at Larnaca for some reason. Glad to hear that that isn't the case (hopefully).

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.