North Cyprus Tourist Board - New 17 floor apartment block in Bogaz ? (Cypus Today page 4)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New 17 floor apartment block in Bogaz ? (Cypus Today page 4)

New 17 floor apartment block in Bogaz ? (Cypus Today page 4)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

CJtill

Message Posted:
07/11/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Just noticed this article in Cyprus Today and was wondering if the Sarcon site mentioned is the one next to Medviews Sunrise Beach Club in Bogaz?

mikea11

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Yes it is,spoke to our friends on Sarcon last week.

simbas

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

My word , i had seen that work had started , if it is the one i am thinking of { by the side of Hilltops } but i didn't think it was 17 stories high . I thought high rise was not permitted .

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Simbas

I thought that you would have known that lots of laws in the TRNC are just ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So no problem with 17 storeys

sporty

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

i wouldnt worry too much because they'll probably only do a couple of storeys before the site is abandoned! They cant even finish the skyline residence!I've got a place over there half built and abandoned too! lol

the butler

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Simbas,

I think the one at Hilltop is Skyline Residence and this has been mothballed for the time being. I understand that this was going to be 17 storey high and was being built by Mr Safa. The one in question is on the opposite side of the road next door to Sunrise Beach Club. If the local belediya gave permission to Mr Safa, why wouldn't they give permission to anyone along that stretch of coast? However, I do agree that they look totally out of place and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

The butlers wife

sporty

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

The main problem for me about it is that there is only so much "beach shoreline" in NC,its a rare commodity that takes millions of years to get to be a beach! When theyre gone,there gone for good in a short time it takes to build over it,there are miles and miles of undeveloped shoreline that is rocks or wasteland that would make a great home for development,even an enhancement in doing it could be achieved with "sensible"planning,but this is just crazy! talk about sh,,,ting on your own doorstep,what on earth are these local planners/councils thinking about?I dont even think that these places will be sustainable,not enough people to use them at present either!

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Assuming this is not a Medview development, planning exists for 3 developments on the Bogaz beach, the first is immediately in front of Sunrise Beach Club adjacent to the shoreline. The other is for 2 separate develolemts in front of Sarcon. The Sarcon development is only happening provided the trafic can get to the beach area through the Sarcon site, which currently is still a private access and not freely avaiulable to a developper for access. Ali Safa has tried to get both developments stopped and was successful under the old government, however the new regime apparently is allowing the developments to proceed. Good or bad depends on your viewe, it will mean the beaches will be renovated and improved, it will bring roads and footpaths and pther infrastructure to the area and for me as a Sunrise Beach owner personally welcome it albeit we will lose something and gain something. They will not be building on the beach and it will not deprive others from using it so no issue exists.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.