North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone have knowledge of this UK based TRNC estate agent 'CYPROP' ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone have knowledge of this UK based TRNC estate agent 'CYPROP' ?

Anyone have knowledge of this UK based TRNC estate agent 'CYPROP' ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

Hector

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

I worryingly received an email from this company which went to my spam email box 6th November, advertising what a great investment opportunity etc etc North Cyprus is. It had a glowing testimonial also dated 6th November 2009.

http://www.cyprop.org/about-cyprop

I'm curious to know what forum members views are on the claims on the website.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

"I quickly realised that, now that the political and land issues have largely been resolved"

Have they? I hadn't realised that.

Bradus

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

Hector,

Their words read like a fairy tale.

"I quickly realised that, now that the political and land issues have largely been resolved, the costs of land and property represented extremely good value and prices were likely to rise very rapidly.In fact in all the time I have been in the overseas property business, I haven't come across a better opportunity for investors"

Any forum members want to put a happy ever after ending on this one?

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

I tried to send them a message, but their 'contact us' is not geared up to that. Best to ignore them!

scruff

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Hopefully then no one will get caught by this shower?

girne 29

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

" In fact in all the time I have been in the overseas property business, I haven't come across a better opportunity for investors. "

Why was this guy not advising Lehman Bros, could have saved the world a heap of trouble.

For those complaining about people making negative ccomments on this Forum ,at last a positive message.

the property issues resolved is just the icing on the cake. Mr T and Mr C should be told so they need not waste time on the matter.

I shall now go on the net and book a direct flight to Ercan,or fly into Larnaca while showing the stewardess photos of my Lapta villa.

Hector

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Ah, but surely the 'blogs' page has such honest feedback?

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

"we took advantage of the opportunity to visit one of the country’s top law firms for an in-depth discussion regarding the legal system there" - wonder who they were? Bet I could guess!

"We also visited a local bank to open accounts, the process taking no more than fifteen minutes". - took us 3 hours in HSBC!

"During our stay we were fortunate enough to be introduced to one of the leading Turkish Cypriot developers there, whose commitment, vision and enthusiasm for the future is compelling." - who on earth could that be?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Hades!

Richard

girne 29

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Hector

After reading the honest feedback ,I have decided to sell up and buy in Cypropland.

Its like a dream come true

.A land where nice lawyers explain everything in an " in-depth discussion regarding the legal system there", and where I can rely on that system "much of it is still based on English law",which is why"The planning and development processes are straightforward"

Where I can open an account in 15 minutes at the most,instead of 2 hours.

Where I can talk with a developer "whose commitment, vision and enthusiasm for the future" is like a breath of fresh air.

Cypropland will give me a cost of living 40% of that of Eurozone or 30% of that of UK,fantastic ,a pint for a £1.

Best of all ,if I dont like Cypropland,no problem just sell up and move on ,and as "Northern Cyprus is fast becoming the best investment opportunity for decades." I will end up with nice little earner.

Hector

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Just an example from the website I'd run past you. Anyone heard of Begonvillia Court?

"The Begonvillia development offers the opportunity for rapid capital growth, estimated at up to 60% over the next three years, as well as guaranteed high rental returns. The area is dynamic. Luxury resort hotels are being constructed a quarter of an hour’s drive away and the complex is perfectly sited to cater for the accommodation needs of the nearby Eastern Mediterranean University."

"The state of the art university is a victim of its own success, because it simply cannot meet the accommodation needs of all its staff and students. From an investment perspective, this means that apartment owners are guaranteed a steady return from year-round rental income, in addition to the inevitably sharp capital growth."

Hector

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

I'm beginning to have my suspicions about this CYPROP company. Can't quite put my finger on it. They claim:

"If you are thinking of an overseas property investment in North Cyprus, here are some reasons why you shouldn't delay:

As of February 2009, property prices are around a third of those in the south of the island.

Demand for North Cyprus investment property is strong.

Major corporate money from the USA, UK and Middle Eastern countries is pouring into the development of hotels, golf courses and residential complexes.

At current estimates, the value of off-plan property investments can be expected to rise by 50% from start of build to completion - a period of approximately two years.

Rental returns on completed properties are in the region of 6%-10% annually, with particularly high levels of demand in the area of the Eastern Mediterranean University in Famagusta. Visit our Begonvillia Court development which is ideally situated to take advantage of this opportunity."

Th

Hector

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Thoughts anyone?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

What can I smell from the kitchen? Is it lamb, is it chicken, is it pork, could it be fish;? No, it's bullshit!

Richard

Hector

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke

frontalman

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Why would you you keep bullshit in the kitchen?

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Hello Hector

You should have no worries in buying property through Cyprop. We are a registered company in the TRNC with an office in Iskele and partner Kibris Insaat in the Begonvillia Court development. As you may be aware, they are the 'innovative and forward thinking company' who are behind the King's Pin bowling alley that has received so much good publicity recently.

The Blog from Steve W is genuine and unsolicited. He visited North Cyprus a few weeks ago for the first time and it obviously made a big impression on him. Personally, I think we need more people like Steve making positive comments about North Cyprus.

Regards

Richard

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Hector

I should have said that I am Richard Burton and I run the Cyprop business here in North Cyprus. I have lived here for two years with my family.

Richard

mags111

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

I bought my villa through Cyprop 9 months ago and have nothing but praise for the company. They were professional and imformative and the sale went through with no problems whatsoever. Their information regarding the property was accurate and well informed and Richard who runs the agency here was always on hand and on the end of the phone whenever I needed him. This is not a 'dodgy' company but in my view a highly professional and well run agency. No estate agent is going to put NEGATIVE information on their website or they would never sell houses!!! Why assume that a company is dodgy when people have not got the full facts. I would recommend this agency to any of my friends and family to deal with.

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Thank you Maggie.

Richard

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

RE msg 20, richb: (...) You should have no worries in buying property through Cyprop. (...)

=> I wish you would comment on the nonsense (to be polite) in the "Welcome from Richard Appleberg, Managing Director, Cyprop - estate agents in Cyprus" - instead of pointing at a blog by a certain "Steve W". Didn't you read the first couple of posts in this thread? You should.

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Hi DutchCrusader

You are quite right about the way this reads. This was first written a couple of years ago when talks were looking positive. We are making changes to the introduction.

And for those of you who want to open a bank account in 15 to 20 minutes, rather than 2 to 3 hours, please visit Mustafa at Iktisat Bank in Karaoglanolu.

Richard

birdy

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

I see the moaners are at it again! I have had personal dealings with Richard at Cyprop and found them to be professional and honest. Please keep your comments to yourselves until you know the facts.

You all like to pull someone down because you've got nothing else better to do.

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Shame on alot of you doom merchants, I have had dealings with Cyprop and found them straight, honest giving both good advice and a no nonsence service. Alot of us here have been swimming arround in a sea of crap for so long when a life boat comes along we think its a shark. The property market here has been shot in the foot by the local double dealing builders and their masked accomplices, Its good to see a company with ethics and a good knowledge of the local market that can be trusted,and if they impressed me they have to be good as I believe the place is full of bandits.

D.N

chrism

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Here we go again, why oh why cant some people just get on with their lives? I have had dealings with Richard from Cyprop concerning property here in Northern Cyprus. At all times have i found him honest and reliable and would not hesitate in recomending him to my friends.

It would appear we have a smear campaign going on, "inform the Brighton/London trading standards" what a load of old tosh. I wonder if "Hector" lives in the real world or is he really just the character of tv and lives in the cartoon world of "Hectors House"

I beleive if you have nothing good to say about something dont say anything,

mags111

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

here here Birdy, DN and Chris.

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Dear Hector and friends

Thankyou for pointing out the statement regarding the political and land issues in Richard Appleberg's welcome message on our website. Richard wrote this letter nearly 2 years ago when the current reunification process began and there were only positive noises coming out of Cyprus about reunification being iminent. Obviously the process is taking a little longer than we all first envisaged and it was an oversight on our part not to update the website. The statement in question has now been removed so as not to cause any misunderstanding or offence.

Richard Burton

richb

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

continued...

Regarding your comments on the expected rapid capital growth of the Begonvillia Court project, we are currently selling apartments at over 20% more than when we first launched and once the development is complete next year we expect prices to rise even further. OK, I will grant you that our initial estimates for growth may not be achieved fully, but are we to be blamed for not predicting the world wide recession at the time of writing the website copy? Are we the only estate agent or developer that has not had their projections realised in the last couple of years? I dont think so and I think your comments are a little harsh and unfair.

Richard

Hector

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Richard

The company you work for, by using a website to advertise, is bound by English law to ensure that it is up to date, accurate and not misleading. It is no excuse to say something was written 2 years ago. Would you accept such an excuse from a company you were dealing with as a customer? I think not. In fact I wouldn't blame you if you then thought that if a company was prepared to use advertising which was out of date & misleading, you then decided to walk away. On what evidence do you support the 'guaranteed' rental income for example? Where, if your company is so responsible, do you highlight the dangers of buying in the TRNC i.e. obtaining PTP?

As for the allegation that I am running a smear campaign, I take that as an 'attack is the best forn of defence' tactic that only reinforces my suspicions. Too many innocent people have had their lives ruined by 'investing' in property in the TRNC. Do you agree with that even?

bootneck

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

From a personall point of view i found them very professional and friendly without the usual bull sxxt

Neil

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

RE msg 32, Hector: I agree 100% with your text in this thread. Well spotted, wel said.

2 : Birdy, Dixie Normus, chrism and maybe others: your defense of the cheating text on the web site (old or new, who cares, it's there on the Net, for everybody to read!) makes you accomplices of a highly suspicious company. I hope that nobody will deal with this company - so they won't be sorry for believing what too many did.

mags111

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

DC: really we are only speaking about how we found this agency when buying property. Nobody is an accomplice to this company. Look at some of the less credible agents before you run down this one. There are indeed some COWBOYS out there ripping innocent people off but this agency isnt one of them!!! Lighten up!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

RE msg 35, mags111: (...) Lighten up! (...)

=> Read the web site! Provided by Hector in msg 1: http://www.cyprop.org/about-cyprop . Less credible agents?! It's lies and nonsense. Everybody living here for more than two weeks can read between the lines. Do it. Click the URL and than dare to say that you've read the truth: http://www.cyprop.org/about-cyprop .

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Who do you all believe - Richard, who is desperate to get his commission on a sale and isn't bound by any advertising code of conduct (witness his company's website blurb), or Hector, who advises on the side of caution, and rightly has pointed out that Cyprop's blurb is neither factual, nor anywhere near so, and contravenes British leglislation?

I know who I believe and whose word and advice I would rather trust - Hector's - and with no qualms, whatsoever!

Property purchase by any foreigner in TRNC, or RoC for that matter, is fraught with risk

- the warning *The British Foreign & Commonwealth Office is clear for all potential buyers to see - as meaningful as the government health warning on a packet of cigarettes. Any estate agent in UK advertising Cyprus property should, by law, be required to list *this warning on any website or brochure - just the same as banks advertising investment 'opportunities' are required to do.

richB: You want credibility? - Tell the truth!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

A Google search ( cyprop ) now lists this thread on Cyprus44 as number nine. Keep posting here and this thread will become number one - followed by the sites with the lies and nonsense...

Check here: http://www.google.com/search?q=cyprop&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Hector

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 02:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

DC

Thanks for your support. I await a response from Richard Burton and or supporters.

Hector

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Strange. Would have thought this thread important enough for Richard Burton and CYPROP to have responded. Perhaps they will leave it for a couple of years like their website.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.