North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency Renewal Advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency Renewal Advice

Residency Renewal Advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

skeeds2000

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Good Morning,

I am after some advice for re-newing my residency. Once i have handed my paperwork into the police station and i am in the process of waiting the 3 weeks to collect it from Nicosia my previous permit stamped in my passport will expire, but i need to cross the border and get a flight from Larnaca then return a few days later. Does anyone know what happens in these instances as i am sure i am not the 1st for this to happen.

Thanks very much for your advice and help on this!!

Regards

Skeeds2000

smithy

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Pop into the police Station in Girne, they gave me a little note which enabled me to cross the border etc

Its not a problem, they can check their system to see that you have started your Residency

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

You get one week's grace after your residency expires so if you are going during that period you should be ok. Alternatively, you can go South just before your residency expires and when you return to the North ask that your visa slip be stamped with a 90 day visa explaining your circumstances or you can go to the Police station and explain your problem.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

It is no problem as long as the paperwork is being processed they will let you through.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I left the country twice (via Ercan) whilst waiting for my renewal and had no problems at all. Went to the police station and they just said no problem, also checked with the customs guys at the airport and got the same response. Each time on returning I was given a 90 day visa with no questions asked.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I, too, have gone back and forwards for weeks whilst waiting for my residency to be renewed without problem. However, last year my brother had to pick up his wife from Paphos Airport after his residency had expired and his renewal paperwork was being processed. He was not allowed through at Metahan despite explaining that he had done all the necessary paperwork. He was told to go to the Police Station in Girne to get permission. As this was during the Bayram holiday that was impossible. Luckily, my husband and I were able to hotfoot it from Esentepe to pick my sister-in-law up.

So my advice is don't rely on the fact that your paperwork is being processed because if you get someone awkward at Metahan then you will probably miss your flight. Don't take the risk.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

We were turned back under the same circumstances as Msg 6 - all going to prove that the rules are that there are no rules - it all depends on some individual's 'whim of the moment'.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.