North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet connection
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet connection

Internet connection

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

What is the best and cheapest Internet provider available that gives download speeds good enough to stream live TV? 3G gives good enough speeds but it eats up the 10g limit!!! Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi StGeorge1, is there a time limit to how many hours use when you get 3G per month? Thanks.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi StGeorgeI

We are streaming using a slingbox at just over 1meg (Sunny Cyprus) and its passable for watching "normal" programmes. Its rubbish for sport as the video frames get a bit fuzzy and the quality looks more like watching a poor quality DVD.

Karen

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

RE orangekazzie: (...) We are streaming using a slingbox at just over 1meg (Sunny Cyprus) (...)

=> Karen, so do we via Nethouse Networks (our SlingBox is on a location in Holland) - all 35 local, national and international channels are fine including sport! It is very important to use the latest software (SlingPlayer for PC or Mac) and to update the firmware of the SlingBox.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
09/11/2009 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

msg 4 continued

How many channels do you have? All British or foreign channels also? How much do you pay for your package?

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
10/11/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Mrs snakes Msg 2. There's no time limit with 3G, it's the download that is limited. 10G will allow you to stream or download quite a lot of tv/film. But if you want to watch TV most evenings and maybe at the weekend a bit then you'll be lucky if it lasts you more than a week or two!

MSG 4 and 5 - I dont really need a slingbox. I have plenty of access online to all the major uk TV channels and most sports for FREE. What i do need is a minimum 1meg deicated download for the best price possible??

I used to have Extend many moons ago, but they were so bad I vowed never to go back. How much is 1meg through Sunny Cyprus Kazzie? or Nethouse DC?

Cheers for your help,

G

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.