North Cyprus Tourist Board - Passport Restaurant Both Rude and a Rip Off
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Passport Restaurant Both Rude and a Rip Off

Passport Restaurant Both Rude and a Rip Off

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

Aussie

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Went to Passport in Girne after seeing a lunch special add.

We found the staff pushy and when my partner who speaks very good Turkish spoke to them in Turkish they continually replied only in English which I consider quite rude.

When ordering I took out the advert and asked for 3 of the Pilic /Chicken specials which were shown as 12 YTL.

The food was ok but when getting the bill they charged 18 YL for each dish. I queried this and eventually the manager was brought out and said that this was no longer valid despite there being no date on the add and it being only a few days old. The waiter said their computers couldn't change the prices charged and against my better judgement we paid the full bill but told them that under no circumstances would we ever come back there. This drew no response.

They said nothing about the offer not being valid when I ordered and showed them the add originally and we consider as a matter of principle ther actions were wrong.

icona

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

We tried this place for a drink for 1 local gin and tonic

1 local vodka coke

1 tonic = 30 YTL

Staff very unpleasant.

Jayne

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

I agree with you and when I went, my steak sandwich was so bland. If I had of been blidfolded whilst eating it, I would not have been able to tell what I was eating just from the taste of it. I will not go there again!

smithy

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Very overpriced, we had large portions but most of it was cold so not happy wont try it again for a long time

Tinkie

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Thats such a shame, we stopped for lunch at the new Passport Express restaurant on the Lefkosa- Girne road and the food was very nice, reasonably priced and the service was excellent.

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

I was in Passport with the wife and friends on our last visit in October.

I have to say that the food and service was excellent and we had some good banter with the waiters but, and it is a big but, the drinks were grossly overpriced. I had thought about writing when I came home but decided not to as I should have looked at the prices in the menu. You do expect the prices to be more than in the supermarkets, they are everywhere, but not as much as Passport had marked up.

Shame really because it was a good night.

Still tipped the waiter because he had been spot on all night.

minertor

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

We live about 5 mins walk away and used to visit often. Haven't been for about 12 months now due to increase in cost. Same for Ezic chicken just opposite. Doubling the price and giving more than you can eat doesn't work for me.

Tony

dozza67

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

I hope Passport have read this and know that they will lose a lot of customers through it. I for one won't be going there again - vote with your feet. There are plenty of good value restaurants around without having to put up with high prices and rudesness.

everon

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

name and shame on here, keep them on their toes x

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

This thread is an excellent example of "how to do it", when "they" take our money and don't deliver to reasonable expectations. Great. I wish we would do it more often on this board. Name and shame or name and praise, that's the name of the game.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
11/11/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

The Kebab 'shop'/butchers next to Astro, Girne have revamped the dining area and expanded there traditional Turkish BBQ fare but not licensed allow purchases from the grog shop next door to be consumed with your meal on their premises. It's a BYO so makes it dirt cheap and Tony can even walk there in 5 minutes!

Richard

Jaybee

Message Posted:
12/11/2009 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Went to Tempo in Karalanaglou (Just behinf Tempo food shop.) Food exellent, portions good ,service second to none,prices good,Menu varied (can reccomend the Aci steakrealy tasty as was all the food) have been back 3 times since and good every time.Musa the head waiter realy chatty and comical.try it you wont be disapointed.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.