North Cyprus Tourist Board - Windows 7 and Turkcell 3G
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Windows 7 and Turkcell 3G

Windows 7 and Turkcell 3G

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
16/11/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Has anyone with 3G got windows 7 yet? If so, have you had problems? Ours will install the software, but won't install the modem.

Any ideas please?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
16/11/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

take it back to the shop and let them try perhaps ?

kav

greengate8

Message Posted:
16/11/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Jack

Just installed W7 and had the same problem - here is a work around

Install the software as per usual

go to the 3g folder where the software is installed (c:\program files\kktcell)

look for the file - USBdriverinstall_x86 (or the 64 one if you are using a 64bit system)

Run this file, which should install the correct driver to recognise the modem. If W7 comes back with a window which asks if you had a problem with the installation - tell it correct the problem "with the recommended settings"

You will probably have to do a restart, but it should get you up and running.

you will probaly have an icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, of a screen with a wire alongside it - this will have a red cross on it until the system recognises the modem, you can use this to start 3G as well

If you run W7 auto update, today's updates included two files for this modem, i installed these updates and connections seem faster

Hope this helps - turkcell couldn't when i asked th

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

many thanks greengate. For some reason though it still wouldn't allow the driver install.

HNComputers

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

It does depend on the verisons of Window 7 you had installed....was it a Beta or the retail version?

Some hardwares/softwares are not yet compatible with Windows 7, for instance my printer......

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

It is a new laptop, it wasn't bought separately.

HNComputers

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

well in that case it could just be that it is not yet compatible with Windows 7...You would need to find a software update.

What you could try is, different USB ports on the laptop....it could be not functioning properly, or another alternative is to right click on My Computer - Manage - Device Manager and check to see if your USB ports have been installed correctly, also if there are any yellow explanation marks next to anything else on Device Manager it could need an update.

Let me know and I'll help you further

HNComputers

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

The other option would be to go onto Control Panel and check your System to see if your Windows if activated...depending on where you purchased your laptop, it could be a case of having a trial version of Windows.

greengate8

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Jack (ette)

My apologies, i forgot to mention on the previous thread - check that the W7 firewall allows the KKTCELL program to go through, i had to add this program manually to the firewall before mine would work.

For any one else having similar problems, I also have noticed that with other programs (non microsoft) which are supposed to automatically grant acces the firewall, for some reason do not do so. i think this is linked with the added security of W7 and requires the 'user logged on' to have admin access during installation (check your profiles) - still investigating...

Give it a try

Hope you get up and running.

henrik

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

so, if it still not working, try this: be sure to be the admin of your pc. then right click on the installation file. choose: "Troubleshoot compability" and then click on: This programme has run with vista... click on "next" or whatever it says to go on and install the programm. This should make it work. Post here if this has solved your problem.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.