North Cyprus Tourist Board - (cyprus political) turkey to stand by it's tc brothers and sisters
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > (cyprus political) turkey to stand by it's tc brothers and sisters

(cyprus political) turkey to stand by it's tc brothers and sisters

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I wonder if Cicek speaks for the majority of the cabinet. Certainly Turkeys actions have always been consistant with this remark.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=48862&cat_id=1

Also speaking at the anniversary rally was Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Cemil Cicek, who said that if Turkey had to choose between EU membership and “remaining by the side of the Turkish Cypriots”, it would always choose the Turkish Cypriots.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

students condemn TRNC anniversary

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=48864&cat_id=1

rocking

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I am happy to hear it. I would love to see a referendum in UK asking whether we should stay in or pull out of EU. Firstly it was Common Market and UK joined so that there were 9 (I think) trading partners - now it is the EU with 27 member countries. Stick with it Turkey re your Turkish Cypriot neighbours.

girne 29

Message Posted:
17/11/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

ilovecyprus

I would say that Talats rather flowery speech in your message 1,has been answered in your message 2.

“We’re going to burn a flag that’s big and red,” and “the only good Turk is a dead Turk".

Got to admire their honesty in openly showing their true feelings and where they stand as far as 'we all should live together as brothers' stuff is concerned.However ,its kind of an empty threat ,seeing as there are loads of red flags and 72million turks a stones throw away.

Going by Turkeys past record of not being intimidated,I dont think they will let their people down.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.