North Cyprus Tourist Board - Skyline Residence and Medview developments
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Skyline Residence and Medview developments

Skyline Residence and Medview developments

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Skyline Residence Bogaz North Cyprus property review

» Read Forest Golf and Beach Residence North Cyprus property review

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

letchkof

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Having found out over the last few months that Medview are not completing the 'Skyline Residence' development that i have 2 units in. It has become apparent with advice from Lawyer,etc. That i should be taking up Medview's offer to swop investment to another of Medview's developments.

With this in mind i have arranged to come out and see some of there developments to try to make the best decision.

Is there any other buyers that have already transfered to other Medview properties?

Are you all happy with new developments and the price that Medview are selling at?

Or is there still anyone holding onto there Skyline Residence units hoping for Medview to change plans to finish it or sell it?

I'll be in Cyprus in a few weeks, so any info to help me make some decisions would be most helpfull.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Letchkof

Type skyline into the google search box above and several threads will be revealed

Harold

the butler

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Hi letchkof,

Lots of people have transferred to our site at Esentepe. It is a beautiful site but there are only 2 penthouses and one bungalow left for sale. Our site is the only Medview site that is no longer managed by them. We have a fund managed management company and a very active and strong committee. Come and see us, you won't be dissapointed.

The butlers wife

Chegwin

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

More stars than an American General now Avs.

Well done.

Chegwin

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

We are at Hilltop next to Skyline and love it. It has a bar / cafe on site, a Medview office (although not always maned) and several pools.

I have friends who are at SeaView and love that, although as you will see there are no pools yet. Aslong as Medview do as they promise and finish SeaView off it will be very very nice there.

There is an estate agent in Bogaz called Busy Bees that seem to sell alot of resales from Medview so if you use their website it will show current prices of resales and many internal photos so you can get a feel of the properties before you go.

We looked round both SunRise Beach Club and Esentepe and did not like them for us, but I am sure that many will have looked round Hilltop and not liked that. Its each to their own.

Best advice is to visit as many as possible and go with what you are happy with.

Hilltop has no mortgages on it, neither does SeaView so you will have piece of mind on that. Dont know about other sites.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Fogot to add, it also depends why you are buying. Is it to rent out or for you?

Esentepe is near a golf course and nearer Kyrinia, but Bogaz is not as built up and nearer the airport. It is also rumoured to be having a golf course built shortley!

Good luck in what ever you do.

letchkof

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 02:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks for info. I'm sure i'll be checking out developments mentioned. Anyone else who has directly had to swop Skyline Units to other Medveiw property?

smooth

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

The offer of money back plus interest seems generous but you have to weigh that against the higher asking price medview are asking for the properties they have to offer you. As was mentioned before, compared to the re-sale market then the prices from the developer are very high and if you want to re-sell the property right away then reckon on making a net loss on the whole deal. You have left it late on deciding what to do as most of the better units have gone and prices have risen - again! The esentepe site is pretty much sold out so that leaves hilltop or sea view resort really. All of the sites are good ones and hilltop or sunrise should rent out well as would Orchard court at Lapta if there are any units left there. At least you have the possibility of coming out with something you can rent out or re-sell at a later date. Most peolple who bought on skyline did so for investment purposes and like many other investments the market can turn and you stand to lose as well as gain!

letchkof

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

The situation has moved on quickly. Yesterday i found out that Skyline will go into receivership on the 8th Dec.

I had already booked my flights out for the 16th Dec - 20th Dec to check over available properties but it looks like i will have to commit to transfer to another property before i have arrived there. Not ideal, and as has been stated Medview are still holding prices high on available properties.

I'm going to have to contact Mr Safa personally on this. Is the general opinion on this forum that the Esentepe site is very good. I would be getting the last Bungalow apparently but i have to make a quick decision.

What is a good offer to Mr Safa for this, as the asking price is high compared to re-sales? Is he likely to accept offers?

the butler

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Hi letchkof,

I own a bungalow on the Esentepe complex and I would offer Mr Safa £75,000 for it. He can always refuse as they are asking £95,000 for them but you can always go back and up your offer a little. As there is only one left, he may accept this. I can tell you that there is no mortgage on the site at Esentepe now and we have now got this in writing. Also the site is no longer run by Medview and we have a very good management company and committee. We also run a fund managed site, if you need any further information on this you can email me off board at stephenmeacher@aol.com and I will explain more.

The butlers wife

Hector

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Be rather nice if Safa just returned your money.

the butler

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

No hope of this Hector, what I can say is that the majority of owners who have transferred over from Skyline residence to Esentepe are happy with their purchase. There are the usual teething problems you get with any new build but once these are sorted out these owners will be happy with their decision. It is a very friendly site where we all try to help each other.

The butlers wife

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
26/11/2009 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

So glad to hear that you are now mortgage free at Esentepe. You all derserve some good news at that end.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.