North Cyprus Tourist Board - Problem builders - live TV programme. Air you Grievances
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Problem builders - live TV programme. Air you Grievances

Problem builders - live TV programme. Air you Grievances

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

emineden1

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 31 in Discussion

This Saturday at 10pm Kanal T is transmitting a live programme covering problem builders. They have asked for people with genuine grievance to either appear live or to phone in. Translators will be available.

If you are interested please contact Harun Denizhan on 0542 859 7888.

the butler

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 31 in Discussion

Come on all you folk, now is the time to put your side of the story.

The butlers wife

denizen

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 31 in Discussion

I don't see what all the fuss is about. We've had problems, most of them sorted but the finish is way below UK

standards.

If you buy a brand new car for £5,000, you would'nt expect hide seats and a walnut dashboard. Nor would you expect it to be service free for the first 50,000 km. You'd expect imperfections in build and finish but as long as they are rectified it should be ok. I expect to be vilified for this post but I nthink I got what I paid for.

I know some haven't got anything, although they've paid something, they should be the only ones complaining.

Not those who boasted of getting the bargain of a lifetime, like I did.

Denise

mamachina

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 31 in Discussion

Hear hear Denise. We got what we paid for and were very pleased with it! Then a problem arose re the division/parcelisation - but that doesnt mean to say the villa was bad - we were in, had electric, water and a fab view - can live and wait for the rest.

Isabella

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 31 in Discussion

I agree with your comment denizen

graycoul

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 31 in Discussion

you lot, tell all the gary robb AGA buyers theres no problems

over 230 familys life savings gone.

magicart

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 31 in Discussion

Denizen,

Hi Denizen,

Sorry just can't agree with you.

Please consider the many hundreds if not thousands of people who have difficulty with their property and in some case's have lost everything.

Your condesending comments do not in any way go towards helping these people and help is what they need.!

Perhaps you were just fortunate to get what you paid for.!!!

emineden1

Message Posted:
18/11/2009 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 31 in Discussion

I must confess to being surprised that there has been no takeup on this issue. Reading some of the posts on here you certainly get the impression that there are a large number of people who are not satisfied with their builder.

ROBIN HOOD

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 31 in Discussion

I don't reckon the GCs are the problem in the property market. The Builders are. Consinder how many poor souls who have paid in full (on advocates advices ) only to find out that the properties ahve been mortgaged against all stipulastions in the contracts and the only redress is a civil acion for breach of contract. (not fraud). Still all can now relax and let the GCs take the banks to the cleaners. If they can claim ownership on "sold"n properties. Then they must also be made to carry the can. It's not all cake and eat it.

elkiton

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 31 in Discussion

I think one has to remember that there many thousands of happy home buyers out here, so it is not a case of smugness or not caring about those with problems. It is more that those who are happy are allowed to be without smart arsed remarks from individuals who think they have the right to wield the big spoon and stir the soup their way.

I have problems worse than many here, but I still defend the legal system and the right of the happy to be so.

It is not always the clever thing to slag off the country where one lives, even part time, and I have gained little respect for many members of this forum, and great respect for a few. Going on the TV is not the way to get restitution or justice, it's more playing the victim willingly.

TonyE

denizen

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 31 in Discussion

msg 7: don't come on all that often so missed this until today.

Not being condescending, just stating a fact of life as I see it. Had plenty of problems with my builder but took my complaints to him and they were all rectified, sooner or later. Couldn't see the point of complaining to anyone else, and certainly not on a forum where jumping on the bandwagon is a favourite sport. Been here long enough to doubt that thousands have lost everything, and in the Aga saga it wasn't a TC that Robbed them. I knew one lovely lady personally who lost about £75,000. She and her husband won a case here and the court ordered that her money should be repaid, plus £50,000 extra. Don't know if she ever got it, maybe you could tell us, SK. Have attended the HBPG at Pia Bella and listened first hand to the problems some are having. Have you met any of these people, Art, or are you just repeating what you've heard second or third hand. There are far more expats happier with their lot than not. D

racoonchic

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 31 in Discussion

a lot of the ex pats are used to the uk lifestyle and cant accept this is not the uk . ihave more problems than most of these people no water or roads or electric the builders done one and we live alone on a building site in a house that leaks every time it rains and i still have to listen when people moan that the paint they chose or the tiles they chose isnt wat they ordered .these people are the lucky ones if only they knew it. this program may help identify the rouge builder but if aired abroad its only going to make the already wary buyer think again so therefore i can only imagine more harm than good

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 31 in Discussion

tony you have my respect. den and racoon have to agree with you both. THERE has been enough adversity recently, we need positive feedback now. espically when you have a buisness to run here xxxx

Hector

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 31 in Discussion

Personally if you are prepared to accept poor quality that's a matter for you. If the builder said at the beginning 'It's a very cheap property at a mere £50,000 so don't expect good quality' fair enough. Strangely I don't remember any builders or estate agents marketing their developments as that. I don't accept the car quality scenario either. You should get exactly what was advertised for the price. Seems fair to me although perhaps that's a strange concept in NC?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 31 in Discussion

denizen would like to slap you for your stupid condescending remarks.

Try listenining to people like elkiton to get the facts.

For ourselves, no mains water or electric and no hope of having it cos theinitial devloper did a bunk. There is not building permit for the site so no hope of ever having above conected. (got builders elec which costs 3x normal)

Next time you are here I suggest you come to the Pia Bella and listen to the REAL horror stories that exist. I will be there. There are fools who moan at the drop of a hat, one person complained because the builder planted the wrong colour roses!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternitively read the story of Geoff and Mary Day posted on this forum and on HBPG site.

We love LIVING here which we do permanently and do not go back to England, you are obviously just a hoiliday maker.

Now before you say more go and do your research, go to HBPG etc before you land yourself in seriouse brown stuff.

Hippo

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 31 in Discussion

We were fortunate to buy a Korman home, very few small problems all put right, with no hassle.

Even after 5 years they are still willing to rectify faults.#may take a little time getting round to them but we consider an excellent and reputable builder.

Troodo

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 31 in Discussion

The first three posts sound like a windup to me - don't bite.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 31 in Discussion

For many of the reasons quoted above I decided not to buy here, but decided to rent instead. Probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of people have been severely let down, I find it amazing that some seem content to put it down to the 'this is Cyprus' syndrome and just because you paid less than you would back in the UK then it is fair to expect poor workmanship. Wake up people, a contract is a contract regardless of where you are in the world !!! To also state that by complaining you are going to adversely affect future interest in buying here in NC is ridiculous. Putting the political situation aside, until the 'building trade' is brought under some sort of legislative control, rogue builders and advocates are successfully prosecuted and as a result buyers have the confidence that what they have paid for will be delivered, no one in their right minds is going to invest in property here.

Paul

Sazna

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 31 in Discussion

i for one have had many problems with the builder of our site. The main one being when they completed the house they put a corigated fiberglass roof in stead of roof tiles this leaks and has caused a serious mould problem which has spread everywhere when approached this week with my daughters x-rays of Bronchitis and a Drs recomendation that she should not be anywhere near damp or mould the BSTRD just shrugged and refused to do anything about it. He knows there is nothing we can do about it unless we take him to court which will take years and not worth it in my opinion as he seams to be in with top people otherwise he would not be getting away with the stuff he is doing. We are now having to fork out for a new roof something which should have been provided in the first place as standard. Tell me is this something we should put up with just because we got our house at the bargin price of £75,000 !!!! I DON'T THINK SO.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 31 in Discussion

the problems start with the government who dont care about the country half are on the take to allow the builds to go ahead we are not allowed to protest or we will be arrested so tell me how this program will help. ive exausted myself trying to make our situation better so unless you have experienced it first hand then you should not comment or try to understand when your sitting on a fence looking on. and as for a contract is a contract anywhere in the world well i suggest you go and explain that one to the shoulder shrugging money grabbing lawers who we paid to write the bloody contracts in the first place god kwows ive tried.

denizen

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

MSG 15: Cyprusishome, Slap me for what? I suggest you look up "condescending". If you read as good as you spell, get somebody more intelligent than you, shouldn't be hard, to explain the facts of life. You seem like a serial complainer to me and blame everybody else for your bad luck. Why do you keep going on about HBPG at Pia Bella? If nothing can be done for you why do you need to feed on other's misfortunes? Do you think that you make them feel better telling them how badly you have been treated. I suggest you get out a bit and meet a few of the many here who don't moan all the time.

And I aren't a holiday (or even hoiliday) maker, nor do I expect to end in serious (or even seriouse) brown stuff. I suppose threatening a divorced female does wonders for your ego, well, you're welcome.

Denise

racoonchic

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 31 in Discussion

denizen do you feel sorry for youself as a [divorced female ] ?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 31 in Discussion

Oh dear, seem to have hit the raw nerve.

May be if you read wot I rote properly you wud underatnd what I wos saying. I do not complain, I go to help others and to get things dun some thing wich you obviusly would not understnd.

rite now, if you are form wear you say you are form I am amshamed of my home town. But then I doubt you info is corect

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 31 in Discussion

Last thing intellience - gor Bsc in applied idiocy and MSc in moronology.

Sorry em & dennis, gone off track I am afraid. Will call down and see you later if you have more info. Hope it is warmer down the hill cos it is bloody freezing up here.

David

denizen

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 31 in Discussion

racoonchic, no, I don't feel sorry for myself as a "divorced female". I have a partner and have had since my divorce. I merely pointed out what my profile says about me and why a "man" should feel safe to threaten to slap my face.

cyprusishome, I bow to your superior knowledge re. raw nerve being hit. I don't feel the need to threaten anybody for disagreeing with me. I read what you wrote and understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is why you keep going on about it on here. You say you do not complain, just what do you think it is you are doing. If you can't help yourself how can you help anyone else? Talk about the blind leading the blind. You must be a real Job's comforter. Why should I not be from where I say I am, I moved to Darlington when my parents died and still have a home there. If you feel ashamed of coming from there that's your problem, one of many it would seem that you enjoy having.

Denise

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 31 in Discussion

Is this the right time to air such problems....ithink we need a dose of good news...just a thought...great house on exchange land...or is it...

n norman

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 31 in Discussion

Racoonchic

If you read my post you will see that I agree with you. The government needs to get a grip of the situation, that is why I said that the building trade needs to be legislated/governed better. As for the advocates, well they are just a bunch of highwaymen/women dressed up in smart suits and again, things will not change unless the government comes down hard on them. So how do you get the government to change things ?? Successive governments have blamed the situation on the 'Cyprus Problem', embargoes and just about anything else that abrigates their responsibility without feeling the need to put their own house in order. Maybe a high profile campaign of adverse publicity and court cases will make them sit up and take notice ???

As for me sitting on a fence, that is your view but I would prefer to think of it as being able to look at the situation with a view that isn't affected either by a good or bad experience.

Just my opinion of course.

Paul

mrland

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 31 in Discussion

get rid of roge builders i for 1 would go on tv and tell people not to buy hear as soon as you pay your deposit the problems begin

ROBIN HOOD

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

I find the concept of playing down bad publicity, because it's bad for business is not only laughable , but also wholly counterproductive. Unless the property market gives the buyer (the paying customer) not only what he has contrated to buy, but also cast iron safeguards in the legal framework that guarantee that he will get what he paid for. Breeches of contract which fraudulantly offer the sold properties as sureties to banks for further loans should be criminalised. The only way to stop the rot is to stop the money coming into the country. It's the only language they understand. When the pot is empty, then just maybe things will change for the better. I cannot recommend anyone spending their hard earned savings in property here. Not for the ethical reason of maynbe it's GC land, but for the very real threat of losing everything, not to the GCs, as the spin in TRNC paints the threat , but to the system here that allows fraud and deceipt to go unchallenged and unpunished.

mrland

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 31 in Discussion

well said robin hood i dont no who is worse the gcs or the goverment

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 31 in Discussion

A full page advertisment in a UK newspaper for properties for sale in Limmassol, at the bottom of the page --

Northern Cyprus property has been adversely affected by the case of the Orams. The folly of investing in the north of Cyprus has been fully exposed by the case, leaving many British buyers in limbo and the market in the north in freefall. One estate agent dealing at Salamis and Famagusta is reported to be offering new apartments for £20.000 but insists payment in sterling cash. It seems there are still buyers prepared to leave their brains on the plane when buying property abroad.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.