North Cyprus Tourist Board - What has happened to Turkish Cypriot property in the south?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What has happened to Turkish Cypriot property in the south?

What has happened to Turkish Cypriot property in the south?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

malsancak

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

"A few years ago the Turkish Cypriot News Agency (TAK) organised visits to former Turkish villages in the south. TAK correspondent Hasan Karaokçu recorded the observations and feelings of the Turkish Cypriots who took the opportunity to visit their former villages..."

Read more at http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com

malsancak

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

"It is difficult to explain the raid that was carried out in my village, but I should try to explain because I promised. Hundreds of walnut trees which were grown by our grandfathers or by our generation were all cut and taken away. Now you can’t even find their traces..."

Read more on http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com

Biker

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Our house has been completely demolished and turned into a carpark filled with shingles.

All the lands with olive, carrop and grapevine trees are being used by the Greek cypriots.

malsancak

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 02:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

thank you biker, I was beginning to feel that I was alone feeling that this was wrong

PMF68

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 06:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Its certainly not all one way as the greeks would have everyone believe

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Unfortunately the Greek propoganda machines have been allowed to get away with telling a one-sided story. Turkey and TRNC have not effectively entered this propoganda in a way to bring awareness to the TRNC and the real story behind the "Cyprus Problem"

Why is it that it was Turkey who intervened in 1974 and yet embargoes and sanctions are place on TRNC? It's all politicial rubbish!

sylvie

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

my usbad lovely house is still there, in limassol, very cloed to th sea town, an old lady is still inside worried when we come over to visit !!! she mustn't, what can we do ? spend moneu with lawyer ot mke her to go out to live inside for 6 months, our live is not there anymore ! just hoping they don't sell it one day !!!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

re msg 6

>>Unfortunately the Greek propoganda machines have been allowed to get away with telling a one-sided story. Turkey and TRNC have not effectively entered this propoganda in a way to bring awareness to the TRNC and the real story behind the "Cyprus Problem" ,,

Oh yes, the world was 'conned' ..

The REAL story is that THE UK wanted to keep the bases and putting GCs and TCs at odds with each other was convenient distraction ...

>>Why is it that it was Turkey who intervened in 1974 and yet embargoes and sanctions are place on TRNC? It's all politicial rubbish!<<

Because TR invaded a sovereign nation and GR and TR had agreed that the UN were the mandated peace-keepers. Since 2004, the TC YES, perspectives HAVE changed.. but preventing owners from access to their properties - and allowing it to be sold on for private gain - well THAT doesn't help one's case ..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Sylvie re msg 7

The lady in your hubband's house is 'worried' as she KNOWS it is STILL his, and he CAN ask for it back...

THAT is the difference..

SURE, the GCs haven't been 'angels'.. but they have had a mechanism to be able to come back.. TURKEY had to be dragged to the ECHR - to make concessions... and I KEEP asking where one GC has been able to come back - removing an 'occupying' TC /TR :(

Biker

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

mmmm

"Because TR invaded a sovereign nation"

Fact is:

There was not one nation in Cyprus. Cyprus has never been one nation. It is made up of Greeks and Turkish and a few other minorities like Moronits that were forced to be governed by a government that was made up of Greeks and Turks. This government lasted only 3 years until the Greeks decided that they were not ready to share the power.

Turkey intervened because it had rights as a quarantor state to keep the peace as it was agreed in the 1960 agreements.

It was the Greek EOKA who started killing all the innocent people in the Turkish villages in 63, 67 and 74. If Turkey did not intervene all villages would have ended up like Murataga and Sandallar where all occupants (aged 2 weeks to 80 year olds) were murdered and put in mass graves.

The rest is just propoganda.

Troodo

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

The guilty party always shout loudest.

Troodo.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

European Court of Human Rights.......If anyone is interested a Grand Chamber Hearing - Demopoulas v. Turkey and 7 other cases. The hearing was broadcast from 2.30pm on the Courts internet site http://www.echr.coe.int).

Quote ...."The applicants are all Cypriot nationals of Greek-Cypriot origin. They claim to be the owners of movable and immovable property located in the northern part of Cyprus, which has been occupied by the Turkish army since 1974. They allege that the Turkish authorities are preventing them from having access to this property and disposing of it as they wish."

Forthcoming 24th November 2009...Anthousa lordanou v. Turkey (no.46755/99) Quote.."This case concerns the applicants allegation that the Turkish occupation of the northern part of Cyprus deprived her of access to her property. She relies on Article 1 of Protocol No.1 (protection of property)"...

Just for those who like to take interest and keep up with news.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

my grandads house has been knocked down to make way for a new road ,but my mum,s house

which she had built in the garden is now right on the edge of the new road.

a very nice old lady lives there.

our land in larnaca which is very close to the beach has been built on .

and i have just paid to buy an apartment in the north ,whilst others use our properties and our lands

in the south

long live the kktc

musin

sporty

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Good on you musin,that would seriously piss me off! i take my hat off to you for not driving down there and pitching a tent in the garden!

elkiton

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Gang, I am visiting the South at this very moment, house & cat sitting for a friend. Walking round the village near Polis, I can assure you that if anyone says the Turkish properties are being "kept" in any sort of order, forget it as propoganda. Every (ex) Turkish house we have viewed has fallen into wrack and ruin and is no more than a heap of uninhabitable rubble.

best regards

TonyE

elkiton

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Gang, I am visiting the South at this very moment, house & cat sitting for a friend. Walking round the village near Polis, I can assure you that if anyone says the Turkish properties are being "kept" in any sort of order, forget it as propoganda. Every (ex) Turkish house we have viewed has fallen into wrack and ruin and is no more than a heap of uninhabitable rubble.

best regards

TonyE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.