North Cyprus Tourist Board - watching new movies at the cinema
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > watching new movies at the cinema

watching new movies at the cinema

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Does anyone know of a good cinema, and how long after movie premiers are they shown here...also, are the movies usually dubbed in Turkish? New Moon comes out tomorrow in the states and i'm dying to see it, DVD's are great but for this one i would love to see it at the movies...

DD

kiwikid

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Daisy

99% of the time the movies are in English with Turkish sub-titles unless it is a childrens flim. And they are pretty fast getting them here, I noticed that we had the Michael Jackson movie starting here the the same day as it was being shown in Hollywood.

Angela

Tinkie

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

We went to see Time Travellers Wife last week at Girne Lemar, which is a nice cinema but the film actually came out in Uk in August. Sometimes the films come out at around the same time as they do in the Uk other times they can be several months late, and sometimes they dont get here at all! The best cinemas are definately the Lemar ones, if its showing at the Mizerelad (or something similar) in Lefkosa I personally would avoid it as its like an old fleapit in there and far too loud!

kiwikid

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

New Moon has started in the cinemas in Lefkosa, check out the Cyprus Today for cinemas and times.

Angela

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.