North Cyprus Tourist Board - whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)

whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

basheer

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

would you say £50 per person per week is enough from supermarkets to live in north Cyprus

don't include booze and cigs I am trying to build up an idea of cost

trying to work out what eating IN averages out

thanks

mrsgee

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

I would say £50 per person per week just for food would be more than enough, although probably best to avoid buying UK brands, if you buy the local brands and fresh produce you can't go far wrong. Meat and chicken is quite expensive but, again, if you do as the locals and eat more veg than meat then you should find £50 per person ok. I always go for the cheapest cleaning products, washing powders, etc etc, and stock up with the bog-ofs (buy one get one free) take advantage of special offers, and be prepared to try different brands.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Depends on how much you drink (alcohol) or if you smoke...these have a nasty way of creeping up on you. Otherwise 50quid a week per person should be plenty to live on.

DD

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Me and our lass live for next to nowt. We do the Turk darts on a monday (free sarnies) Quiz night Tues 5 tl entry with grub then onto the pool night (sarnies) Wed curry night Aqua Pk 10tl Thurs Eng league Darts with grub. Fri night in with a pot noodle Sat watch the match at the mill plead poverty, then share a curry at the Happy Valley Booze n grub 50tl Sunday at the Grove 30 tl. £40 a week leaving £60 disposable income a week from me UK disability allowance. Livin like a king

D.N

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.