North Cyprus Tourist Board - changes to TRNC local and central government
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > changes to TRNC local and central government

changes to TRNC local and central government

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

If there were was one change you would make to the TRNC government what would it be?

Please suspend any criticism. Positive comments only. Keep the frame of, that perhaps anything might be possible.......

winslow

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Beaurucratic red tape should be reduced and a computerised system is implemented for obtaining documents reducing costs and encouraging investment. Government departments should be focused on their purpose, which is the purpose determined by the customer which is society.

winslow

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

msge 2

Yes I agree winslow. Thye should focus on the purpose, which is defined by the customers. Staff can then take the right actions to satisfy those customers. If they can buy in to it they will find their work more rewarding. At the same time offer staff a large range of development courses which will help them to feel more confident.

By focusing on purpose they should be able to make costs savings. Then encourage some staff to move to the private sector. Set up courses to help people set up busineseses. Provide them with funds to achieve this and protect them with some type of government pension and unemployment fund

the butler

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Ilovecyprus,

I thought that the government pensions were already adaquate, I have even heard that females can retire at the age of 40 on a full pension. If this is correct then this is where a lot of the money is being spent. I agree that the whole system needs shaking up and instead of standing around talking, smoking and drinking coffee for half the day the staff need incentives to work. Someone mentioned on a previous thread that staff from Turkey should be brought in to supervise government offices. They should be and run courses on customer care and service, the staff should be offered incentives for achievement in the way of bonuses and holidays. There is to much nepotism at the moment and this is fine in family run businesses but in government departments it needs stamping out and jobs should be gained on the applicants own merit and not because his Uncle Ali works there.

The butlers wife

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.