North Cyprus Tourist Board - Renting property in Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Renting property in Cyprus

Renting property in Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

mikki09

Message Posted:
27/11/2009 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I can't believe we move into a property then 2 months later the Estate Agents ring us and say I need to come round to take measurements because the owner is selling it. No word of warning or letting us know before they want to come round, that day to take measurements.

Mikki09

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
27/11/2009 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

It works the other way round, I had tenant on a 12 month lease and after 2 months he quit and left with no warning. Surely the contract said that you are entitled to compensation albeit that doesn't help much for all the hastle

mikki09

Message Posted:
27/11/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We have a 12 month contract but it states either side can terminate with 2 months notice. What I was getting at was the notice that the Estate Agent gave us it all seemed a little rushed. I wondered if they knew this already but the owner wanted to wait to rent the property first before saying this as the property was empty. Just a thought.

Mikki09

mikki09

Message Posted:
27/11/2009 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

But I suppose we are lucky we were renting and not brought a property.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
27/11/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

If you have rented it then it is your home and the estate agent should come at your convenience not the other way round.

mikki09

Message Posted:
28/11/2009 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Well that is what I thought but they seem to get uptight when I say I am not there at the moment can you come in an hour when we will be back. There reply is that we have told you that the house is up for sale now and we need to get in for viewers. But I am not surprised we have had nothing but hassle with this Estate Agents and I cannot wait to get away from them, because the next property we go for will not be through them.

Mikki09

jinyx

Message Posted:
28/11/2009 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Seems totally unreasonable to me but, not suprising! best you name the estate agent as a warning to future tenants, and also to put all the other agents in the clear, least we think its one of them.

Beacuse your renting, Some of these agents treat you like a council house tenant, and show no respect, fogetting that very tenant might be tomorrows sale!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.