North Cyprus Tourist Board - Permission to Buy ??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Permission to Buy ??

Permission to Buy ??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Al the Badger

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have bought an apartment which I intend to use for occasional holidays for myself, family and friends. However, I was out there last week talking with a local British ex-pat resident who reckons that I should have got permission from the local mukhtar before even considering buying any property in N. Cyprus. I always thought this only applied when seeking residency. Can someone please confirm the position on this. If what I was told is correct, then the local mukhtar may be out of luck as I have already purchased the place.

Alan

the butler

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Alan,

I think this person has their wires crossed. When you purchased your apartment, your lawyer should have applied to the military for permission to purchase and you will have been asked to get a police check done in the uk, which is supposed to accompany the forms for your permission. This takes approximately 2-3 years. in theory you should wait for these permissions to come through before purchasing but in practice which builder will wait this long. The letter from the local mukhtar is needed when applying for residency.

The butlers wife

jock1

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi al

your solicter should have done the process when you where buying your apartment. However that could be another discssion.

jock.

Al the Badger

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks greatly, Mrs Butler !! It is as I thought. Police checks done and in the hands of my solicitor. Land registration done and Stamp Duty paid. So no more to be done then.

Regs

Alan

Kitty1

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

When we bough our house, our estate agent (Ian Smith) gave us the forms we needed to complete to get the polic background checks done. Once we got these documents from the Met, our solicitor took them from us and started the PTP process. He has made the necessary applications etc on our behalf, and we are now just waiting...

We only needed a Muhtar's letter when we wanted to import our container from the UK. We didn't need it for PTP purposes. We both have work permits so we didn't need it for residency either.

dave2169

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

what happens if your rufused purchase off a property and you have already payed the builder

rtddci

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I've been refused due to being near an army camp I believe.

Take a look at your contract. May well say that in that event you can sell on your property although have to pay any outstanding taxes and final payment due to builder. Can't get round that as builder usually has the Kocan.

Martin

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.