North Cyprus Tourist Board - water wells
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > water wells

water wells

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Does anybody have infomation of how to get a water well drilled, if any permits are required ect, including any contacts, if sombody has had a well done in the past, recomendation would be welcome

joandjelly

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

Roger where are you located? I know someone who can do a well for you including applying for permit etc.

puppylover

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Joand jelly......

Don't know if you would know this but we were thinking about a well and heard that you have to have your deeds to apply for one.....do you know if this is the case?

Judy (Karsiyaka)

paul90

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Hi joandjelly and puppylover

I am moving into a new house in Karsiyaka on 29 May and the subject of a well has been in my mind for some time.

Please could you keep me informed on this.

I have an obvious general question first: How can I easily find out if there is water on my land and that a well is feasible?

Lambousa Gordon

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

You'll need to apply to the District Office (Kaymakam) for permission to sink a well. There are restrictions in place, chiefly if there are other wells too close.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

What Gordon says is right. I think the restriction is 80 metres. The person who I know who can sort out a well for you is Tolga in Karsiyaka. He has a garden centre on the main road. As far as deeds are concerned, I have a friend (in Karsiyaka) who had a well sunk a couple of years ago and they definitely did not have their deeds at the time and it is definitely a legal well but it may differ from area to area.

I will speak to Tolga tonight to see if there is anything else you need to know.

Jo (from Karsiyaka!)

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

joandjelly,

I have a place at esentepe, plot 8, I spoke to the builder Great stone (Tass) he says that he has already checked the site and that there is no underground streams in our area, however another company has told me that they looked on my plot (at my request), and had strong devining signials that there was water on my plot, however I do not want to fork out a lot of money in having a well drilled to find there is no water there

joandjelly

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Roger

I'll see if I can get more info for you because I really don't know any technical stuff.

Jo

joandjelly

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Hi All

I spoke to Tolga last night and he has confirmed the following:

He has sunk many wells, most recently in Kayalar where he was told there was no water. He successfully found water at 3 different properties (2 of which went ahead and had wells sunk).

He will sort out all the necessary applications etc.

He is more than happy to show you examples of wells he has sunk.

If he does not find water he will not charge you (and I confirmed this twice and also confirmed that he was happy for me to state this on the BB).

Please note that this is a relatively expensive investment and cost will depend on where you live in relation to how deep the well needs to be but Tolga will obviously give you all this information if/when you speak to him.

Roger - Tolga hasn't sunk any wells in Esentepe yet but would be more than happy to come and see you.

Tolga's mobile number is 0542 859 3212 - he speaks excellent English

I think this covers everything but if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Jo

paul90

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks Jo - very useful information indeed.

I will see Tolga when I get over in a week or so.

Regards, paul

elko2

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

The minimum legal requirement is at least 80 feet from the nearest well or I think 600 feet from the nearest spring.

ismet

sylvie

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

any idea of the price?

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Jo,

I am back in the UK at present until 7th July, then I'll be travelling back to the house in Esentepe, it would be good to meet up with Tolga, and discuss this, it would be good that he can do the paperwork as well as we are still in the UK at present, the builder says that there is no water on site, however an independant company (North Cyprus propities) says that there are strong signs in the back garden of our property, they have surgested a price depending on how deep they have to drill, I have asked for a second opinion as well.

Having Tolga looking at this as well, will be great, (excuse the pun), I would rather a drilling company do this work, than a property agent!.

As you have said it is expencive to drill a well and disipointing not to find water at the end of the drilling, a big decision to make, but still willing to go ahead with it, if you don't speculate, you don't accumilate, so to speak.

My email address is: backbadge@aol.com, if you drop me an email I'll pass on my mobile number to you for Tolga, so we can discuss this further.

Many thanks

Roger

sylvie

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

how expensive is it !!!!!!!

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Sylvie,

I am told the cost depends on how deep they have to drill to find water, a rough guide is between £2000 - £5000, it's not just drilling of the well, its the building of the well, pumps, electrics, ect I may be wrong, sombody might know differently

sylvie

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

my god, even if i buy water from a truck how many years of water would it be - of course when you want to have green grass in your garden he might be alright but i find thoses prices disgusting and nobody van assure you the water freatic nape is deep enough

Alison

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

silvie,

possibly a case of greed rather than need ??

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Alision,

Not a case of greed rather than need, the way Cyprus is going with water shortages, it would be a wise investment.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Roger

I think you are right in terms of cost and as said before it all depends on how deep you have to go. I will email you for your number.

Sylvie, I can understand that you think the price is high (although I think disgusting is a little bit over the top) however it isn't just a case of digging a big hole and putting a pump in it. There is a massive amount of manual labour involved. At the end of the day nobody is forced to spend this kind of money and it is purely a personal decision.

Regards.

Jo

wynyardman

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Rodgerdoger,

Interesting posting! A well would be fantastic but given the location of this site, do you really think that it would be feasible? I would listen to your builder.

Is this site complete? I am told that it is 12/18 months overdue. When are you expecting roads, electricity, mains water?

Did your builder honour the penalty clause for late completion? When do you expect this site to be completed?

We must meet up for those promised beers. Just love Efes!

Take care,

wynyardman

Chris

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

Wynyardman

You are going to be inundated with effes when we all meet up

Chris

-still trying to find a big enough box!!

sylvie

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

i understand joan, when i say disgusting - the meaning is maybe not as strong for me than for you - i believe that - if everybody have a well - the water must come from somewhere and water is not endless espacially in cyprus - very little water falls - what i find disgusting is : when restriction of water should be done in the country , you still see people making lawn to grow and spend a lot of water on it - would it be wiser to spend water with parcimony and care !!! and share it for domestic purpose!!!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Hi all.

I will try to answer one at a time.(this is only MY opinion)

Sylvie, Relax about the water situation. It is ALMOST certain that they will build the water pipeline from mainland Turkey., so water will cease to be a problem when they do.

Chris,....I like you more everytime we communicate (appology to John) Inundated with Efes

(I should dream on!) but with that thought in my mind, I should sleep the sleep of the just tonight

.( I thought Orangekissie comment of rentng an appartment was very sound, as an interim measure, no demurrage costs on your container, and your cat will have somewhere to lay its furry --------- at night) As to cost you have to live somewhere. Invest your funds in a YTL 30 day deposit account 18 or 19% before TAX.

This box you keep on about. I hope its not for me! You can get sensitive at my age!

WHEN CAN WE START ON THIS "inundation" of EFFES?

Take care you all,

wynyardman

Chris

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

Sorry for delay in responding, but I appear to have an owl perched on my stump.

A couple of weeks ago the wind blew over a large tree at the bottom of the garden which fell in some direction-I have enough trouble with left and right let alone north and south-cracked in two, half went one way onto the neighbours shed(it was old ) the other bit narrowly missed the cat and finished near the back door, anyway we now have a stump and residing on top is a tawny owl. How cool is that!! Beats the hedgehogs at the bottom of the garden, unfortunately it missed the 2 muntjacs that were eating all the flowers.

Chris

wynyardman

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Chris,

That sounds lovely. Great Britain at its best. Is your move to The TRNC to live or a holiday home?

wyn

Jarra

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

Roger if its any help I have e mailed you direct so please check your spam box as I note your e mail address is with aol.

Chris

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Wyn

We are coming over to live, and orangekazzies idea will probably be the one we opt for if push comes to shove.

At the moment our estate agents are trying to sort things out, to be honest the builder is a lovely person, the villa is amazing and the location is fantastic, he just did not read the contract correctly, saying we could move in in aug/sept, which we have geared up for, and are in the process of selling, what he really meant was march/april due to electric, water etc, plus the rest of the site would not be ready for another 18 months after that. We would be the only residential people there as the rest are for use as holiday homes until people decided to retire.

Chris

wynyardman

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Chris,

Yet again I am very sorry to learn of this predicament that you find yourself in.

It may be of little help, but Greg of Glencoe Trading, would possibly be able to help. Greg is a grand lad and used to own The Esentepe Villa hotel. He is well connected and may be best placed to assist you.I would strongly suggest you E mail him.He is most helpful.

Regards,

John.............www.personaltouchcyprus@msn.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.