North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dopi TV-Very latest news
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dopi TV-Very latest news

Dopi TV-Very latest news

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

magicart

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Hi,

I have just spoken to Namik on the telephone(please note he called me)and here is the latest news!

At the moment they have switched off the system because they are moving the signal to another satellite.This signal is currentley being tested hence the reason for the cut off.

When fully tested and assuming they are satisfied with the signal quality they will switch the system back on.

If the signal is not strong enough to reach your area Namik will send out a team of men to move the dishes to pick up the signal.This will all happen during the next couple of days.

I'm sure he's doing everything possible to sort this out -we just need to trust him.

dozza67

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

BUT - why have you had to ring him to get this information? Why could he not put out a general notice for everyone so that people would not need to guess at what is going on? Customer relations/care - HA, non-existent.

puppylover

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

magicart

Snap.......I too have just this minute spoken to Namik and have posted an update on the other Dopi thread.

I am in agreement with your last sentence.

magicart

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Hi,

Please read my thread again...he called me/yes I agree he should of sent out a general notice but I think he is doing his very best to sort this out.

sunrise

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Mess 2: I think maybe Namik is a little too busy to come on here to write messages. Yes it would be nice to be informed as to what is going on, but I would rather he spend his time sorting the problem than reading Cyprus44. I have had his system for over 3 years, it's had its ups and downs, but mostly been very good. I hope he can get it sorted for everyones sake.

Jayne

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

I have to say he does text us and phones us with updates, we dont have to call him.

He is trying his best to sort it so lets give him chance.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

OK.. the FACTS..

1/ you've been told that 'Dopi/ Uran' have a signal 'weakness' problem..

Here's the satellite footprint of the satellite they are moving from :

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eb3_spotd.html

A dustbin lid could pick up the signal..

2/ So it must be another problem with the data feed - not the strength..

3/ Is the timing of this 'problem coincidental ? .. I think not .. this is the same system Dopi/ Uran use..

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100012_25/11/2009_112762

Prediction : They will move data provider and may be even have to move all you data reception dishes... but Nova / Showtime on on to this.. they have huge deals with sat companies.. how do you think is going to 'win' ?

This is just the beginning...

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn

magicart

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Hi mmmmmm,

I appreciate and respect your views and have know doubt that your assessment is correct.

I'm sure that many people (including .me )are at a lost to understand the related technical issues but just want to switch on their TV and enjoy their favourites programmes.I'm also certain that most of Dopi's customers are aware of the potential legal issues but again are not to concerned aslong as they get a decent service...not one days go by without me breaking some law - sometimes I do it deliberatley(i.e speeding).

Just think we need to allow Dopi to sort this out-(if they can) and afterwards Dopi's customers will determine their destiny..

Thanks and I will continue to read your posts with great interest.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Magicart

Thanks for your response

Sadly- for the clients- any pirate company relying on using data ( how the decryption [unscrambling] via satellite is now going to find it harder and harder.

It is not IN Dopi's hands.. they didn't / don't fully understand what is happening .. they may have a 'clue' now.

Concerted action is being taken to close this type of operation - the satellites are NOT in the 'TRNC'

Kibris

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

How much is Dopi?.... set up ongoing etc? just out of interest.

magicart

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

Set up cost is £500 but this includes 12 months subscription- after then its circa of £130 pa.

Its a very good package and despite some peoples views I have always found Namik to be honourable.

Hope this helps.

Art

minertor

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

I renewed 12th Nov. £175. Went through Poltan Palace today and Dopi office was locked. There was a sign on the door saying "WE'RE COMING" and 2 phone numbers. I have no doubt that Dopi will be back, better than ever.

Tony

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Mark

Message 10:

' the satellites are NOT in the 'TRNC''

Erm even I know that. Are they in somewhere called 'outer space?'

Your level of expertise pertaining to satellite technology continues to astound me.

AJ

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Mark

'1/ you've been told that 'Dopi/ Uran' have a signal 'weakness' problem..

Here's the satellite footprint of the satellite they are moving from :

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eb3_spotd.html

A dustbin lid could pick up the signal..'

Mark as you know it is not a satellite problem, it is a transponder problem.

'3/ Is the timing of this 'problem coincidental ? .. I think not .. this is the same system Dopi/ Uran use..

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100012_25/11/2009_112762'

Er no it is not the same system that Dopi use as you well know.

'This is just the beginning...'

Ha! you said that 2 years ago.

Please continue with your obsession about taking Dopi TV out as it keeps you occupied and we do not see any other obsessional postings about 'borders', 'EU/UN sanctions' etc.

AJ

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

AJ,

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.. I meant from the perspective of :

1/ control

2/ jurisdiction - for purposes of legality

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Mark

Me being an idiot I would like you to explain to me the following:

'1/ control'

And:

'2/ jurisdiction - for purposes of legality'

Thanks in anticipation.

AJ

susiesusie

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Think i am right in saying that we all paid for an advance subscription. Usually 1 yr.

I Think it would be sensible of dopi to let you pay in advance by monthly subsciptions in future. I for 1 would not like to pay a year up front again knowing the problems.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Dear AJ,

re 17 >>Me being an idiot I would like you to explain..<<

I'm sure that cap wouldn't fit ;) .. but glad to explain

1/ Control.. the distribution of the data to de-crypt ( unscramble the pay TV stations is sent UP to a satellite and after that any company is at the mercy of the sat owner of the data provider 's return path .. how you get it back

Dopi don't control this..

2/ Jurisdiction - if the TRUE owner of the pay tv channels has discovered their decryption keys are being shared and broadcast - they can ask the data provider to desist for infringement of copyright.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

re 15 AJ

1/ 'transponder problem' ? - you must have missed the part were I told you than other data users using this satellite / transponder / freq DON'T have an issue .

3/ 'not the same system' - AJ.. the same receivers were in use. As I explained, a 'Dopi' system found it's way into Novas hands, in Athens, via the 'rump' RoC ..

For a retired man from the oil biz, I'd say your knowledge of pirated TV sat TV systems was akin to

..a retired man from the oil biz..! ;)

I'm wondering WHY you try to 'defend' something you clearly know nought about - either that, or someone is setting you up, mate.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Mark

'1/ Control.. the distribution of the data to de-crypt ( unscramble the pay TV stations is sent UP to a satellite and after that any company is at the mercy of the sat owner of the data provider 's return path .. how you get it back'

'Dopi don't control this..'

Nope and they never have done and as you know they are agents for a larger organisation.

'2/ Jurisdiction - if the TRUE owner of the pay tv channels has discovered their decryption keys are being shared and broadcast - they can ask the data provider to desist for infringement of copyright.'

Only if the decryption data is being broadcast on the same satellite as the 'True' owner of the pay TV operators.

Mark you are well aware of the fiscal requirements of the satellite operators and they will take money from anyone and everyone and sort out any problems afterwards if need be.

And despite your continuing attack against Dopi you know as well as anyone else that piracy of subscription satellite channels will not end so get used to it.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

AJ I am a little surprised you are arguing with my mate Border, this is his line of work and you are what we would call a layman in the field, Dopi is illegal whether you like it or not and they are con artists whether Namik is a nice man or not, ppl have paid good money to this company and have been and are continuing to be ripped off, now that is just plain wrong.

Swallow your pride and listen to the man who does know what he is talking about...please xx

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Whilst I respect that Dopi has been having problems and not understanding the systems I only know that I have been without most of the tv channels for a couple of weeks now and this is not the first time this has happened.

We too had to pay for this system for one year upfront and I do have a tendency to agree with msg 18 and we are going to approach Namik with a view of paying monthly up front or even 3 monthly because the service has been bad of that there is no doubt.

The cost of installation and annual subscription has gone up as my friends approached Dopi, apparently installation is around £750 and annual fees are now £175

Tootie

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Mark, I can see you flicking through the "holiday" brochures soon

Where do you fancy this time. lol

When I come to renew next year I will offer to only pay monthly or not at all. simples.

I think thats what your trying to say

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Dee

Ref message 22:

' AJ I am a little surprised you are arguing with my mate Border,'

No not arguing but asking him to impart his knowledge because as I have already stated I am an Idiot.

' this is his line of work and you are what we would call a layman in the field,'

I have no problem with that as previously stated

' Dopi is illegal'

Where is Dopi illegal?

' whether you like it or not and they are con artists whether Namik is a nice man or not, ppl have paid good money to this company and have been and are continuing to be ripped off, now that is just plain wrong.'

'Con artists' is a bit strong as I think most punters were/are aware of what they are buying into.

'Swallow your pride and listen to the man who does know what he is talking about...please xx'

Dee I have no pride to swallow but there is a simple fact that everyone is missing and that is 'the man who does know' tells a certain amount of 'untruths' in his pursuit of getting Dopi shut down.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

Dear AJ

re 25

I invite you to be quite clear about what these 'untruths' are ...

I've got to go out now, so that will give to time to be 'creative'

Hector

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

AJ

Does the notion of 'bully' mean anything to you? That's what springs to mind when I read your comments to Mark. I detest bullies. Dopi TV is clearly a parasite company that pays nothing to the satellite TV providers yet is happy to charge it's customers. I'm sure most people would be happier to pay for a legal service & get the service they'd paid for. Mark is telling it like it is whether people like it or not.

magicart

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

AJ and mmmmmm,

Why don't you two get married and have babies!!

Please send me a wedding invite!

Art

minertor

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

msg 27: "...Dopi TV is clearly a parasite company.." is it? who says it is? you, or are you jumping on Mark's bandwagon? I haven't seen any comments from you on this thread until msg 27. Whilst I must admit that Mark seems to know what he's talking about, do you, Hector? I'm glad that you understand the notion of "bully" isn't that the guy who stands back, watches how the fight develops, then jumps in on the side of the likely winner to gain some reflected glory?. My faith in Dopi may have something to do with them having £725 of my money, so may be wishful thinking, but being wise after the event has never been an endearing trait.

Tony

Hector

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

minetor

I think you have answered your own question(s) "My faith in Dopi may have something to do with them having £725 of my money...."

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Hector

Re message 27:

Me a bully? anyone that knows me will be able to put you right about that. And your comment really did make me laugh.

But I guess I expected that from you, after all the Victor Meldrew character (so I am led to believe) was based on you. Lets hope you managed to get some recompense from the people that 'pirated' your character.

AJ

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Meanwhile

(msg 25) [quote AJ] >> 'the man who does know' tells a certain amount of 'untruths' in his pursuit of getting Dopi shut down.<<

awaits an explanation of the 'untruths'.....

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

....and by the way.. repeating a fib doesn't make it fact.. I 'picked' on 'UK TV Direct', too ;)

I already pointed this out, but you seemed to have overlooked it

scruff

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Mark.

You & I have met at Tervetuloa. Hope Veta & yourself are well in the UK.

I too got sucked into the dodgy card TV thing in the TRNC back in 2002. The service lasted 2 years before it all went tits up. Given what we spent & no annual charge, we just about broke even visa vie Dodgy Turk. Friends of mine weren't so lucky in early 2004 & lost everything after 2 weeks/3 months respectively. What did they get? The Cyprus shrug.

What did I learn? Never again. Can't say I miss boring, repetitive BBC Prime (that was) anyway. What do I do now? Watch Dvds sometimes & download UK. programmes by torrenting. Works well for me. Virtually FOC & enables me to watch the best of UK. TV & watch what I choose to watch, the next day after transmission.

I should stop trying to educate some on here if I were you.

Don't let AJ wind you up. He after all, knows all there is to know, about everything.

It will all end in tears or at the very least an empty hole in the pocket.

Jenny

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Jenny !

AJ and I having been cranking each other up for nearly as long as as the Cyprus problem ;)

Regards, to you and yours

M

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

I think a moderator should distance himself from personal animosities. AJ, you should step back or your credibility will be eroded even further.

You will never agree with Mark on whatever topic as your animosity goes back many years just step back and let this topic go through its natural phase.

I do not think we will ever get the truth on the subject from the suppliers of service and Mark is doing his best from a distance to inform those involved from his own perspective. You are just being argumentative I am sorry to say. If Mark does not give the answer you are expecting may be you are the one in the wrong.

On a personal note. Our subscription to Showtime has just expired and we were looking for an alternative supplier of half way decent TV. What we are now observing is there is no alternative so we will stick to the FTA channels and I will go to the nearest hostelry if there is any sport I wish to watch.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

cyprusishome

Thanks for your concerns.

Me and Mark go back a long way and I like to think we are the best of friends although that will be proven when he finally buys me a drink. Oh Mark by the way when you are over next perhaps we can meet up at Mambos but please don't tell anyone else because I hate to see wasted beer.

AJ

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.