North Cyprus Tourist Board - North facing gardens
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North facing gardens

North facing gardens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Gardening threads posted so far

Avril

Message Posted:
21/05/2007 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi,

Have just purchased a plot and looking to build. Have draft plans and hoping to have everything south facing. However, the plot is best suited to have all entertaining areas at north. Being from UK this is a no-no. Is there anyone out there who can advise how much of a shadow is cast by a 25ft house onto a north facing garden during the year. I appreciate during the hot months there's not much of a shadow cast. Its the months from September to March that are uncertain.

Thanks!

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi avril,

Not sure Im afraid- but when I was out there I was told that the sun goes from east to west?

But that was when I was at Tatlisu looking to the sea I was told that-so Im not sure about directions of the sun where you are?

See ya D

Perry

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

To get a sea view you will be facing north. However, Cyprus is much further South than UK so the sun is much much higher in the sky. The shadow of the villa will only ba about 1 metre in the day (unless you are planning multi storey...)

Avril

Message Posted:
22/05/2007 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi guys,

Thanks for that.

Tony you said there would be a 1 metre shadow cast over the north of the property. Is this in the summer only? Do you have any idea if the shadow cast in the winter would be much bigger? I don't want to go for the pool at the north side of the garden if it means I'll be sitting out in shade for the colder months in the year.

Many many thanks in advance for your help regarding this matter.

Avril

coffer

Message Posted:
25/05/2007 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi, We live in Esentepe and have gardens to the rear (North facing) and front(South facing). Our plan had a pool on the north side of the house, we had it moved to the west side as it catches most sun on that side. We have been here a year now and can confirm that the north facing garden is mostly in the villa's shadow during the winter months (Nov-Mar).

Avril

Message Posted:
25/05/2007 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Avril

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.